What Powers/abilites/weapons do you think Overperform?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

Title says it all i have a few and im curious to know what you think should get balanced? This question applies for all rolls and powers/weapons.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Came here looking for examples, didn't see any, therefore.

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It is what it is. Superheros aren't born equal. They find a way to rise above anyone that's stronger than them. Players can do the same lol
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This is a curious attempt at a nerf thread.
    • Like x 7
  5. Berza Committed Player

I know, because I read your discussion with Proxystar in the feedback thread, that you are asking for nerfs because you think that people should not be beating elite raids day one.
    What I find hilarious is you call day one to the 3th week of practice on those elites. You want a challenge? STOP RUNNING ELITES FOR 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE RELEASE.
    • Like x 4
  6. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

So many broken things.
    Here a list:
    Brawling hits like a truck.
    Phase Dodge is straight over power.
    Dash Attack/Perfect Poise give you an unfair advantage by allowing you to fast travel on combat.
    Sheild lunging/block break are way to fast making it by far the most broken weapon in game.
    SM Lex luthor is the fastest flight man alive while in combat.

I could be here all day for sure:(
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Since there's no threat of derailing a developer feedback thread, here's another thing to throw out there

It's ironic to complain about the difficulty when people like zNot no doubt went in there and smashed every difficulty level on the first day, and then just decided to complain about it afterwards... What's the bet they smashed out all the feats as quickly as they could on easy mode right, cause it's much easier to come and complain about something when they've not got anything riding on it.

Want a challenge they say...

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

I do not seem to understand your question exactly. But the only things I would like updated about powers are 1- New Graphics for the oldest ones 2-Fix invisibility inefficiency 3-3D shields.
    What they would like to do is a whole other story.
    Other than that I suppose all powers are balanced. Each one is strong to a considerable point, you just need to use it effectively.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

Nerf flurry shot.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sam Hatch New Player

What's the point of nerfing something when

A. The devs never balance things right
    B. The next best thing will be used and become the new cheese
    C. An artifact or balance pass of any sort can make something else entirely broken
    D. If you've played this game for nearly 10 years you'd know by now that you're just continuing the endless cycle of chasing balance when points A-C have always ocurred without fail.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shalayah Committed Player

It’s the player. Not the power :).

I’ve ran multiple different powersets dps wise in the last year and I’ll be honest. There isn’t any drastic difference in terms of my dmg out in comparison to pugs and even my leaguemates or ppl in custom groups.

In pugs I’m usually always top dps unless I end up running into a player who’s just a very good DPS which isn’t typically as common as me outdpsing ppl by 30 freaking mil with what is supposedly the worst dps power in water. and when running with leaguemates or in LFG groups. Depending on the run and the people it’s a bit more chaotic. Personally I don’t find a major imbalance in powers but I’m not gonna sit here and act like there is a balance because imo there shouldn’t be one but no power really overshadows the other. It’s moreso about how your build is setup, your loadout, stats and your awareness of when to use certain trinkets or artifacts or whatever. No power needs to get nerfed. Y’all just need to get better tbh.
    • Like x 3
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I agree with most of this, but if there was a point where I might argue/nitpick it'd probably be the "get better" part. But probably not for the reason one might think. :)

With the varied mechanics to both powers and weapons in the game, there are some powers or weapons that just won't click with some players. Personally my go-to weapon is Hand Blasters, but I've never touched Two-Handed and avoid Staff after some initial use because I could never quite get in the rhythm of their attack patterns. Meanwhile my attempt at Fire use was pretty limited on a character and as soon as power respecs were available that character went to Electricity. And Celestial held no interest for me, even though I enjoy the combo aspects of Light, Rage and Atomic.

I think having an interest in and affinity for certain powers and weapons makes a difference. Even with practice, someone could use a power/weapon combo that everyone and their mother swears is "the best" but underperform if either the weapon or power doesn't interest them or the required playstyle doesn't quite click with them. But if you give them the power/weapon combo that does interest them and works well for them, you're likely to see better results.

I just think some folks forget that this isn't quite a "one size fits all" situation when it comes to gameplay. What works for one player isn't necessarily going to work for another.
    • Like x 3
  13. zNot Loyal Player

That makes no sense whatsoever
  14. zNot Loyal Player

A curious way for people to abuse OP things and then to ask for difficult content. My point is the devs will never be able to give people challenge unless they specificly design those elite raid content knowing that people will be using the best and broken things which would leave everyone else behind that doesnt use them.

Since they said they will be re-visiting powers to update them rather then making new ones we could maybe see a change anyone that thinks that the pve endgame is balanced id say is delusional.
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Agreed,i think theres a obvious reason why flurry shot has been used by every top team member that did the main DPS that beat SM r30.
  16. zNot Loyal Player

I know of people that QUIT because everything got beaten day one they were hyped and were disappointed

so take this how you want it im not saying the devs did something wrong to be clear , what im Saying is that players are being allowed to use the most broken things the game has to offer which makes (Any) content much easyier for good players heres the catch and the whole point= People actually struggled with paradox/nexus no matter HOW good you were because your powersets or something else broken (DWFS clipping,eye of gemini spamming,page of destiny,healers/tanks overperforming,buff trollers using claw artifact,gadget might/prec) would NOT carry you like they do currently. Thats my point get it?

Another thing they could get away without nerfing/buffing powers is to design elite raids specificly where Its not DPS centric ,the elite raid content these days is mainly about single target DPS which makes these broken things even more obvious if it wasnt so much based on single target damage id be fine with them overperfoming since they would not influence the difficulty of the elite raid that much but currently its all about stacking on single target damage which makes any content so much easyier then the devs probably have intented to.
  17. Fwames Well-Known Player

Grab your popcorn!
    Grab your pitchforks!
    Grab your torches!

We are on a nerf hunt today because someone got beaten in the scorecards... again...

My guess is that someone got his hindquarters handed to him by a precision dps and is crying again in the forums for the hundredth time. Just a tip, if you want something to be nerf, just say it. No need to do this whole shenanigan.
    • Like x 1
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Im a prec DPS myself using DWFS.
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

Sorcery. It can heal AND DPS if you have two Armories. Totally broken.
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

But seriously, nothing over-performs unless you put in the effort, and love mashing buttons. There is always a set of moves that requires some amount of investment in Jump-cancelling or power/consumable clipping to max it out. Not too long ago it was Earth Melee mashing one move over and over that was considered broken.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.