Megzilla left DCUO :(

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

She wrote this on twitter:
    [IMG]

I will miss her, she was such a great dev to interact with and she supported the community a lot.
    Also, she brought my characters to life through her art. I wish her the best on her future endeavors!
    • Like x 20
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

:(

I'm going to miss Megz.
    • Like x 8
  3. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Well... this is disheartening. :(
    • Like x 8
  4. Eve YouTuber

It is, not gonna lie I am kinda bummed about it. I hope whoever replaces her will be a good addition to the team and will support the community as well.
    • Like x 4
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Ah, that's a shame. She was always great fun. I certainly hope she's moving on to brighter things and wasn't burnout. We, as a community, can be a little much sometimes.
    • Like x 9
  6. Heywiar Committed Player

First SJ, then Batuba, now Megzilla? What is happening??
    As always, I appreciate you filling us in on news, Zoe.
    • Like x 5
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

Game development typically has quite a bit of turnover.
    • Like x 4
  8. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

This is heavy hearts to get broken to the news. I hope she will always be in care of God and improving her career and future. The best developer that DCUO will ever see.
    • Like x 4
  9. Eve YouTuber

Couldn't agree more!!
    • Like x 1
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]

She was one of the most active and consistently positive devs we've had throughout the history of the game.

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

OOF...

Well that sucks.

I don't think her passion and enthusiasm is replaceable. Dang.

Sad face.
    • Like x 2
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is a loss for the team. None of the other Devs have demonstrated (so far) an intuitive understanding of what the community is looking for like her understanding. In addition to her professionalism she was fun as well. She'll be missed.
    • Like x 8
  13. Monsuta Man Level 30

Dang man

She was the only one I felt truly took our comments and request to heart. Meg was always interacting with the community. She was down here in the trenches.

Whomever lands her will get perhaps the best dev I have ever encountered on an mmo forum. Her level of activity and interaction with the players was truly something to behold. Always calm, always cool. I don't remember her ever getting into a dispute or catching fire by any of the people in the DCUO community.

Nothing but nice things; even from the most toxic of crusaders.
    • Like x 6
  14. Heywiar Committed Player

Yeah, but 3 staff members in this short of a time (and in the middle of a global pandemic with record unemployment) seems odd to me.
    • Like x 3
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I mean normally yeah. But the company was recently acquired by EG7 so who knows what shakeup is happening.

And sometimes better opportunities just arise and you cant say no. She was here for atleast 5 years that i can tell.
    • Like x 5
  16. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Man this was more than my old heart can take :( It will not be the same without her..
    • Like x 7
  17. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

I'm just gonna leave this here...

• Like x 2
  18. Eve YouTuber

You know you could've just ignore this thread right? No need to be rude about it. She was literally loved by many players here.
    • Like x 6
  19. Eve YouTuber

Well, could've said something because just putting a video has no context. I don't want this thread to be shut down, so let's just leave it at this for Megz.
  20. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Im ok with it. Anyone play smite? When their head artist dude went to work on hi rez other game a new fresh minded person took over and completely changed the art style.

Looking forward to seeing the outfits the next dev brings.

Maybe theyll fix the tunic of greed. I will be asking.