Xbox player size is nice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Cisco, Apr 11, 2021.

1. King Cisco Active Player

Just wanted to say I’m pleasantly surprised. Also the economy is wayyyyy better than on USPS/USPC. 1 mil is a decent amount of change on the Xbox side, most expensive items are like 10-40 mil. USPS has a serious problem.

If you ever want to make the swap I say go for it. Been a ps guy since ps1, but no longer. Game pass is too good to pass up, and the Xbox is a stronger machine and it’s a new experience for me.

I just hope the devs don’t ever forget about the Xbox side. Let’s see what that new sub mode will look like. If there is a way to give incentives to start playing then I think dc can be a huge game even after what 10 years?
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

Swapping over to another platform at this stage is foolish...unless you like throwing money away (or didn't spend much to begin with). This is not a viable option for many who have invested a lot of time and money. Also, no matter how bad our economy is, we have a much larger population than the X-box... which in my opinion, outweighs the economy problems.
    • Like x 1
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Eh

6 to 1, 1/2 a dozen
  4. Oceanly Well-Known Player

i mean if you call people fighting metro nice or no one doing anything than sitting at the watchtower nice or my fav lfg chat being used for people to say eat my bussy hair is nice and oh the nice player size hunny its just cr 218 doing nothing
  5. King Cisco Active Player

Haha nice! Yeah I mean Xbox is predominately American. It would make sense to have it be a priority
  6. King Cisco Active Player

I mean if you spent a ton of money than I understand a bit. It’s also fun redoing things.

I started during the dawn/vengeance days of t4 I was 15 years old. I no lifed dc up until the crappy t5 alert era with weapon mastery, I then took multi breaks and officially quit after the darkseid factory raid (not because it was bad but I realized that as an adult gaming should really be a casual thing. I wasn’t mature enough to be a casual so I deleted my account)

I have since tried multiple times to get back into the game and I just have life priorities college, relationship, work, mma training. So for me playing on the Xbox side is nice as it’s easier for newer players to fit in. And now that I have adult money I could easily “pay to win” will I? No haha you don’t need max gear,so and artifacts to complete end game content people just love to constantly get “better” when it’s all stats
    • Like x 1
  7. King Cisco Active Player

If anything ps side probably has way more kids/teens.
  8. King Cisco Active Player

Like with all those alts you have there’s no way you play them all “competitively” because arts are kung in this game. You’d had to have spent like $450 per character just on arts. Factor in sp and potential cr skips, armories etc. and you’re looking at $650-$1000+ per toon
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's obviously going to be easier to start over on another platform if you're coming back to the game from the DWF period. You'll have significantly less money sunk in. Anyone invested in Booster Bundles, Time Capsules and Artifacts wouldn't just leave that financial investment behind intentionally. And if you spent a decent amount of time grinding out skill points during the game's hay day, they'll find it incredibly hard doing that all over again with a lower population.

However, if the X-Box crowd is that relaxed, more power to you guys. I certainly couldn't do it, and I don't know too many who would. I hope you continue to enjoy your DCUO experience on the X-Box, and wish you well on all your endeavors. Break a leg...just not your own.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Your numbers are bit too low...:oops::) "Competitively" is a weird word to use since there's no real competition. Some days i'm top of the leaderboard, other days I question if i'm even alive. I don't pay for CR skips (I have used the free ones here and there on bank toons)...I come from old school DCUO. I know how to get toons to endgame within a week, maybe two if things are ridiculously slow.

I do have a decent amount of active toons all at endgame (the pics in my signature of all of my main toon/me in different styles ;)), all of them with at least 3 artifacts at rank 160 or better. I time my upgrades between sales and bonus weekends/weeks...but as you've surmised i've spent quite a bit. There is just no way I could walk away from this account and start that all over on another platform, just with all of the exclusive styles alone I couldn't do it.
    • Like x 2
  11. Gaiodiazklinos New Player

Its been a known issue for awhile now about how bad the economy is on US servers. Of course newer servers will have a better economy especially when the populations not enormous. Box has more power but ps5 screams new technology for consoles. Anyway, why would the devs just up and forget any platform that the game is on?
  12. Shalayah Committed Player

It’s not exactly all stats, but stats are definitely a part of player success. You as the player still have to have some sort of awareness of how to play the game correctly otherwise you’re just a bad player that has high stats lol
  13. King Cisco Active Player

Right, it’s not all stats but mostly arts now haha
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I can see the attraction of getting in on the ground floor, like Khalon said, I've got too much time and money invested in the PS4/PC world now. If there were some way of moving my account, maybe...even losing all my stored up money and loot would be livable, but not my accumulated stats, styles, artis and such. I do like building up new toons and have done so several times, but not once the money gets into the picture....too much investment there to abandon it.

That and I hate the Xbox controller.....can't get used to it...never will. I'd have to find a way to use an aftermarket 'ps' style controller.
    • Like x 1