Test Discussion Episode 40: Artifacts - Pied Piper's Flute

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yaiba Committed Player

You have EoG for that
  2. AquamantheKing Level 30

As Ranmaru stated, this art will only apply to SC that do damage so buff sc and summoning sc won't proc it. So you're left with EoG in order to get a buff off of a SC like Circuit Breaker/Berserk/Neo Venom etc.

Not every artifact is made for every power or every playstyle. I'm all for this artifact being what it's intended to be which is a close range SC amplifier. It's intended for a playstyle and focuses more on quick SC usage. Simple as that.

Once we get bugs out of the way then maybe we will be able to test it further.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ranmaru Developer

I have made some changes, that will eventually permeate to PC Test.

Increased range of Cone from 10 meters to 25 Meters
    The intent: I had not intended for the artifact to be usable only in close range scenarios. As such I've more than Doubled the range of the cone, this should allow more Supercharges to be viable to cast from a reasonable range.
    • Like x 4
  4. AquamantheKing Level 30

Really appreciate the update and clarification. Hope to stay updated so we know what to watch out for. When will this update be on test?
  5. AquamantheKing Level 30

So I take it you want this artifact to instead just buff your damage output once you hit a super charge? So if I were to hit circuit breaker which buffs my damage output have the artifact give me another buff? Based off of what by the way? Will that be more of what you're talking about?

Or you could just suggest to increase the chances of the buffs to hopefully have it proc more often, or slightly higher increase in order to appeal to better options.
  6. Mr.W Committed Player

I want to start by saying I do see some uses with this for lower dot based supercharges (when your probability is higher)

I paired this with a 200 scrap to speed things up. Volcanic calamity was the supercharge of choice.

I tested this for several hours & im not sure if my RNG was out right garbage today lol or if something a little wonky is going on.

Rank 80 (no proc)

Rank 80 (with proc)

Rank 120 (no proc)
    389,612 (I watched closely here & there was no swarm)

Rank 120 (with proc) this was a 2hr struggle i only got it once a little before test server shutdown.

Rank 160 (no proc)

N/A

Rank 160 (with proc)

I'm not sure why I got a rank 80 proc that was comparable to my highest rank 160 proc. I'm also a little confused as to why the rank 120 & 160 both had procs lower than all of my non-proc values.

When test server is back up I'll try it without any crit chance or magnitude & see if that may be the abnormality.
  7. AquamantheKing Level 30

Be sure that when you test it you are close enough to the target. Simply because the animation shows doesn't always mean it's actually hitting the sparring target.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mr.W Committed Player

I thought I was pretty close lol, but thank you :) I'll try again at a closer range. Its always good to try again with big abnormalities. Hopefully this one was user error XD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.