Downtime Network Maintenance - April 8, 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All worlds will be offline tomorrow for Daybreak-wide, necessary, but unplanned network maintenance beginning at 5:30 AM PT (GMT -7). Downtime is expected to last until around 12PM PT (GMT -7) or about 6 hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience and for the short notice. We will have all worlds up as soon as possible tomorrow.

Update: Good news! All DCUO worlds are now online and available for players.

Please note, the Marketplace is disabled while this maintenance wraps up. That means you cannot purchase or spend Marketplace Cash or claim items/gifts from the Marketplace

For those wondering, we are replacing some ancient hardware in our core platform services, and unfortunately we have run into several unforeseen issues with doing so.
    • Like x 10
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

We do appreciate the heads-up. When these things happen it would also be good to push a Message of the Day onto live server for those who aren't on the Forum.
    Thanks!
    • Like x 3
  3. Brainium New Player

Does this mean your going to fix the dates in the league? It would be nice to actually see how active the league is.
  4. The Game Well-Known Player

Network Maintenance - April 8, 2021
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: We are behind schedule on this maintenance and have extended our estimate by two hours to 2PM PT. We continue to work as quickly as possible to get worlds up.
    • Like x 3
  6. Berza Committed Player

Would it be possible to change the time of this things? I mean, if you close the game every week, can you please stop doing it during all evening? Closing from 2:30pm to 10:30pm means a day lost for a lot of people.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mermanesque New Player

I understand that these things happen, but it is disappointing. Was super hype to play today in between some long meetings I have today. However, I understand that ya'll have to get work done. Will continue to support this amazing game.
  8. TymeBlast Well-Known Player

Awesome.............. gives me more time to drink beer.... I mean its hard to DPS/Troll while holding a beer and pounding on a keyboard.

HEYHEY..... thank god its Bud Light.... not as heavy!!! ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. oMAUROo New Player

Damn it, I'm wasting a lot of PAID member hours .... every time the same thing!
    • Like x 1
  10. IvyRed New Player

Isn't it normally server dependant? I'm EU and our maintenance is like 3/4am but US is always avail then (annoying for me but an understandable time for releasing dev work)
    Although agreed this is an annoying timeframe this evening UK wise, also a note to devs, most of EU are now -8 hours :( so I think you're estimating 10PM for as we're now in BST/DST instead of GMT
  11. GamerGiirl69 New Player

This is SO Disappointing.......
  12. IvyRed New Player

Will all servers go live simultaneously? I notice the switch ones generally go live first, I'm assuming due to size. Is there a deployment order for the fixes to each server individually?
  13. IvyRed New Player

:D you gotta be Aus or US if you're drinking bud light, and just hold the bottle in your mouth while you type bahah
  14. TymeBlast Well-Known Player

Drink beer...... it passes the time away..........
    • Like x 1
  15. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Stop being dramatic and go do/play something else smh
    • Like x 1
  16. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

tbh i dont get what you guys even do o.ö all we her is an apologize i mean at 15 april the episode comes out so this means the next big downtime yh i understand that guys get angry with this everytime we have to pay for such downtimes and what we get for it ? honestly im sick read this no thats not even here the case every game company think in the lasttime yh we can wait..but you not even know for what
  17. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Is downtime to fix glitches or fix other issues?
  18. Eve YouTuber

Network Maintenance, says in the title. Easy search on google, as well:
    "Network maintenance basically means you have to do what it takes in order to keep a network up and running and it includes a number of tasks: Troubleshooting network problems. Hardware and software installation/configuration. Monitoring and improving network performance. Planning for future network growth."

If it had to be done without an announcement, they had no choice of doing it like that. Sometimes things happen because of issues they found. They are not doing it to upset us, they are doing it to keep the game running with less issues as possible.
    • Like x 1
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

[/COLOR]

It's a complete server shutdown for maintenance... It's for ALL Daybreak games... It has nothing to do with DCUO...

..or, so I am lead to believe. :cool:
    • Like x 2
  20. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Ok cool. In the meantime, I'm selling buttered toast and potted meat
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.