Please Remove Armory Cooldown

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Sammy Well-Known Player

It would allow us different builds and loadouts immediately. So we could use different artifacts for orbitals and supply drops, before going back to our original build.

Or better, using all our superpowers with a might build, then switching to Percision build while they cycle their cooldowns, then back and forth.

Also being able to use tank or healer shields, or controller debuffs inbetween dpsing. or vice versa, letting us use controller power recharge and debuffs, then doing some dps in between.

I think this would greatly diversify gameplay without needing much.
    • Like x 3
  2. Solarbound Committed Player

You've had some crazy ideas, Sammy. But, this one here, I honestly wouldn't mind as it always felt like an unnecessary restriction.
  3. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

B-Balance...
    Also removing cd on armories it's not even step to p2w, it's f*cking jump. So, no.
    • Like x 4
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yeah, this would definitely create a balancing issue, and inevitably make the game easier as well, I’m sure the lengthy cooldown was placed to prevent the armoires potentially changing scope of balance
    • Like x 5
  5. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I don't think there would be a balance issue. Changing armories mid battle comes at a risk. You're defenseless and it's a little laggy (for me anyway). Change armories at a time when you should be blocking, and you're toast. When the lengthy cooldown was placed, we didn't have 50+ artifacts and only 3 slots. But because of armories, we can potentially have 12 slots, which is a good thing because a 4th slot isn't going to happen.
    • Like x 1
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

To be honest I like the idea but I can see a few ways it could be exploited. That said having it reduced a bit to a more reasonable 2-3 minutes in battle seems fair.
    • Like x 1
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Being able to consistently change armories would have more reward, than risk. You being defenseless for a few seconds wouldn’t instantly make you more prone to being hit. Also, we don’t need a forth artifact slot, because that, just like armories getting a reduced cooldown, would create a balancing issue. And that’s not even mentioning the additional fire that would join the monetary hell that the artifact system forcefully created
    • Like x 1
  8. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Blocking doesn’t make you more prone to being hit either. But you need to be able to do it when you need to do it.
    I don’t think we need a 4th slot either because that’s what armories can be used for. The balancing issues you worry about being created were already created with artifacts because artifacts are intended to tip the scale in our favor. Armory cool downs get in the way of that.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't think it needs to be reduced much(what is it now? 5 min?), but the 'battle cooldown' should come off when you are out of combat, or drop much faster once out. There are several runs where you have back to back boss fights and MIGHT legit need to swtich 2 times in combat, but different combat. Once you are out of combat, the red timer should be removed and reset.
    • Like x 5
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I too would like a build with 24 loadout slots. Make it happen devs!
    • Like x 4
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

I thought it was closer to 10min but to be honest the only time I notice is when I hit the wrong loadout when switching in the middle of battle. For example a healer will go down so I mean to switch to cover but hit my PVP loadout by accident. That said I like the idea of resetting when you are out of combat. I could use that to build up SC in hallways so they'd be ready for the next boss fight.
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, we could. Which is why the cooldown exists. To prevent us from doing that at the push of a button. The cooldown limitations are intended. Taking them away would just make the game mindlessly simple and for people with no skill beyond random button-mashing.

Your other ideas are even more problematic in breaking design intent:

You don't seem to get that the devs want to prevent all that stuff from being doable, so the basics of the game don't wind up broken.

Besides, you can switch any of your artifacts or trinkets in and out on the fly as things are and as they have always been. Plenty of players do that routinely. You simply need to use, oh, what's the word?

Oh, yeah: skill.

Learn to flip in and out of your inventory on the fly and to transfer artifacts and trinkets in and out of your build in the middle of battle. Learn to do that fast.

That's what good players do. And bad players don't do. It's not remotely hard to switch stuff in and out at least now and again. There's little need to make it easier than it is now.
    • Like x 1
  13. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

This is a recipe for exploitation and infinite loops of damage free characters or never ending shields/buffs/heals. I don't support a penalty free armory system.

I do support his suggestion here:
    • Like x 2
  14. Cap0037 Active Player

You realize you're using my personalized avatar right?

I was made created for me, as a prize for winning a contest, way back in 2012.

Enjoy!
  15. Solarbound Committed Player

LOL!:D:D:D
  16. Vella Well-Known Player

That fact that players on the PC side can hotswap arties mid battle with no lag (assuming decent setup) whilst us on console, especially switch has major lag if we even try and go into our inventory to hot swap. Sometimes there's even lag switching armories.

Bring balance to the force.