Did the Devs ever thought of...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Apr 4, 2021.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Maybe we all start speaking with the same voice, and it turns out it’s this guy standing around the corner messing with us:

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Its a nice idea in theory but...

I'm a big fan of old school strategy turn based rpgs. Suikoden Tactics, Final Fantasy tactics and especially Shining Force.

I was very excited when they decided to bring Shining force into the 2000's. Turns out it was a mess. Particularly annoying was the voice work for each of the characters. They only had a couple of phrases which they would yell out over and over and over again. One of the healers main catchphrase? "They're coming! They're coming!".

No. Please for the love of what little sanity thats left in this world...no.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yet another thing that Bioware did with Star Wars: The Old Republic that Daybreak could learn from. At Character Creation, there's no option given to choose your character's voice, at least not that I noticed, but so far, on the 3 characters I've made, I've been happy with the voices the game gave them. :cool:
    • Like x 2
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"gets hit by a dot" - stuck in "headpain" emote for 20 seconds" :D
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

Oh yeah, Guild Wars 2 has the same. in open world, I often hear my human warrior saying "I can outrun a centaur" I turned sound off lol
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its just combat noises, no spoken lines.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The emphasis of our game on "make your own unique hero or villain" really works against you all then having the same voice, imo. I can see it being really fun to have dialogue yourself, but I'm not sure it fits. That's beyond the 10 years of game we have without you ever speaking, and all the ongoing voice acting we would need.
    • Like x 13
  8. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

So true, and I can see it from both sides.
    People do already talk by their microphone while the NPCs are playing their role in movies.
    Maybe just allow the characters' mouth to move while the player is talking.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

Oh yeah definitely, I was just wondering if it was ever thought of. Maybe this is something that was possible with the game's creation, but since It's not at It's core it will be super weird and useless to add now I guess. I appreciate the reply though!
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

and we French or Francophone, would like to find the French voices as at the beginning of the game!
  11. Heywiar Committed Player

While I do see your point, can't this be applied to us all having essentially the same emotes and body types?
    • Like x 1
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Something like this could work lol but It would be rather tiredsome after a while :p:D
    • Like x 1
  13. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

This!

I like that idea.
    • Like x 2
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I would say let us record our own grunts and short quips but thre are a lot of immature people that play this game and it would quickly go south lol. What I do wish was that there was a some sort of RP server or Shard that people who want to RP can phase to.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not gonna lie it would be hella weird to log in one day and your character can talk....after you spent several years imagining what they would sound like lol
    • Like x 1
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

Not dialogue, but combat grunts, with the option to turn off that audio channel in particular (to yourself / all)
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Maybe they can give us a RP phase at the phase shifter

PVE/ PVP/ RP PVE
    • Like x 2
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

True but they have to add in some high definition eyes or itll look unsettling of a character that talks but doesnt blink
    • Like x 2
  19. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Looks like we still will be silent but deadly:D
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

;) Was Worth the try
    • Like x 1