Devs Maybe Its Time For an 2nd Accessory Slot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Jan 8, 2021.

1. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

With all these cool accessory's around I think a second accessory slot would be great for adding more flare to our characters, i want to wear the black hole one but the new lighting one looks clean to i want both on my character , I'm sure its no problem with performance with the ps5 being out and i heard they were updating the graphics .
    • Like x 12
  2. Wildcat Committed Player

christmass tree universe online? :eek:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Remember every game out there is limited by the LEAST powerful console, the PS5 being out won't interfere in anything, even more because DCUO isn't even close to the PS4 full potential.
    I believe not having multiple accessories (or even multiple auras) is more related to coding and system design than performance. It would be great to have a answer to this though.
    • Like x 1
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

We're kicking around the idea. It's not a trivial thing to set up but we'd like to do it if we can. 2 would likely be the limit though, IF, we can do it at all. And to answer the question about code, etc. it's all the above. Data support, UI and code, and performance must always be considered with our least powerful platforms. Even figuring out the data in the tables as to what should be slot 1 or slot 2 and if everything should have an option for either or, how do we roll that out to players who have obtained an accessory already, etc.

That all being said, it is of interest to us and being discussed.
    • Like x 24
  5. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

WHAT! Hell yeah Thanks so much for the answer cant tell you how much you happy you made me

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Sammy Well-Known Player

Why stop at 2?

Can't we equip 10? or 20?

Not that I am not grateful for what we have! But I want to Glow like a north star. I want people to look at my overly busy toon and go "Wow, is that a hero or the Aurora Borealis"

And then they wonder why the Aurora Borealis is coming to save them. At this time of year, At this time of day, in this part of metropolis, localized entirely around them.

But at least they can see it.
  7. myandria Item Storage

LOL! I see what you did there! :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Sammy Well-Known Player

haha~
  9. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Face
    Head
    Legs
    Chest
    Shoulders
    Hands
    Feet
    Waist
    Back
    Hair

... that's about 10 so far
  10. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Thank you for being so open and sharing. You always provide us with relevant information. It is refreshing to have someone who's name shows up in green behaving in such a matter. Thank you very much!
    • Like x 3
  11. TomShepard Active Player

Seconded.I want to wear the crown of solomon with something,like the new event thingy.They look cool together.Fact is,the crown has become some sort of "if youre cool/strong then wear it" symbol,so that stays on no question :) It would be cool to be able to use a secondary.And im glad to hear it youre thinking about it. :)
  12. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Slightly off-topic but also related to accessories and technical limitations, do you happen to know if there was limitation preventing the Speed Force Conduit Accessory from being full-body instead of from the waist up? If there was 2nd slot maybe a second version of this could be created for below the waist if it was due to limitations.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Oh wow, I was so tempted to ask this as soon as I saw the new accessory but figured it would be another “we’d have to rebuild half the game from the ground up” type scenario or something. My futuristic drone is NOT getting replaced but it would be very highly valued and appreciated if we could add a 2nd accessory.
  14. Jaelia Committed Player

Hopefully they add another slot it would be really nice to have another accessory with crown of Solomon on at the same time. +1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’ve suggested/requested this periodically since they came out. Was actually surprised they didn’t do it when they converted the helpers halo from an aura to accessory. They’re really cool looking, but ain’t nobody going aura-naked to have some cool things on their hands.
  16. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

Just bringing this back based on recent post
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There's nothing to bring back at this time. One of the Devs already said they would look into the feasibility of making it happen. That takes time. Bumping this thread or bringing it up in a new one will do...nothing. Maybe in a couple of months.
  18. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

True
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Years, not months.
    • Like x 1
  20. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

So.... When we getting this
    • Like x 1