The superman emblem from Death of Superman will it ever come back?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kye Son, Mar 29, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's because it is reality. A reality a lot of adult players are having an incredibly hard time accepting. Fact of the matter is no matter what Dimensional Ink or players here want or how badly it's wanted, at the end of the day WB/DC have final say on how and when their property can be used. Dimensional Ink only has a license to use that property at WB/DC's ultimate discretion. They have set the rules and conditions, and when it comes to THE most recognizable property they have, this is what they have decided.

It sucks yes. And while you have every right to express how much you feel it sucks, you have to realize that this alone will not change reality. That's not how it works. And you can't go by what other game can or can't do since every license contract is different...and they never really have to explain why.

Megzilla was the bearer of the bad news...she's not responsible for the reason(s) given nor is she or even the team responsible for WB/DC's decision. They just have to abide by their stipulations. All we can do as paying players is to accept, move on, and hope that an alternative becomes an option.
    • Like x 6
  2. Dogico Loyal Player

I don't really care about the emblem but I would like the opportunity to earn the feat somehow
    • Like x 1
  3. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

It's at least good to know superman emblems are being requested. We can only hope that one day it happens.
    • Like x 1
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That too may have been a restriction placed on them by DC Comics. I agree it would be nice to have it as part of the style unlocking but ultimately DC Comics has the final "yea/nay" on it as they control the IP.
    • Like x 2
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Or perhaps THEY are lucky this game even made it to ten years with all that bs limitations placed on one of if not the most popular superhero game.

In short, this game can be so much SUPER but it can't because its limited by all those things. The reality is WB/DC doesn't care about their fans or supporters, they just care about money!!!! You know since the S symbol is so recognized and it means hope and since we're in a pandemic they could have demonstrated some soul within them to realize okay lets ease off the kryptonian symbol and lets give them HOPE as I said, they don't have to give us the S symbol we're fine with just the shield which gives us the freedom to put an emblem in place of the S such as a red lantern kryptonian.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That shield is just as recognizable and just as much theirs to do with as they please. Sorry.
    • Like x 1
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Didn't know the shield was that impactful but makes sense.
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not gonna lie, I wanted that too at one point. Instead of having an "S" i'd put my favorite emblem inside or other letters that actually rep me. That dream was R.I.P.'d a LONG time ago.

As for Superman like Emblems, there's the one from the Flashpoint Time Capsule, Subject 0. It's pretty dope to me. Should be able to cop one from the broker.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. inferno Loyal Player

It is truly disappointing, if this is the case for getting more Superman Emblems or related gear.

When I think of DC, I think Superman.
    When I think of Superheroes, I think Superman.
    As a comic book reader for as long as I can remember, Superman is always going to be the Superhero I think of, first.

It just goes to say that in DCuo, for every gear reveal, I always hope for a Superman emblem. I don't need nor want it to be in every dlc or TC but I think you should at least have 1 a year.
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

By that logic, WE HAVE! In the last 2 years, we've had both the updated (retextured) House of El Style Set, with Superman's Emblem (Black and Red version, color-locked) on both the Chest and Back (Cape), AND we've had the Flashpoint Subject 0 and Subject 1 Emblems, which are based on the Flashpoint Supermen!

So there you go! ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. inferno Loyal Player

I don't count re-textured styles. If I were to do that, they could just keep releasing the same thing with different colors or textures or materials.

I'll grant you the Subject 0 and 1 emblem since you are quite correct that they are Superman emblems from Flashpoint. Although Subject 1's design is just so far off from what we expect from a superman emblem and Subject 1 can be used for a superman beyond look-alike.
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There's no "luck" involved. DC originally made a deal with Sony Online for SOE to build a game. Eventually SOE built a successful game, spun it off, sold it, and down the road, here we are.

All as a result of those involved putting their sweat and commitment into building our game over the years.

That the game is still going after ten years is a tribute to all that hard, and ongoing, work, with little luck involved.

Jeez, welcome to capitalism. Is it news to you that corporations generally don't give a flying eff about anything besides making money?

If so, I suggest looking into alternatives to capitalism and working for political change. Or be happy with naked, little-restrained, capitalism. Your choice. (I'm not getting any more political here than this and hope no one else will.)

But being shocked and outraged at finding that a corporation exists to make money off of you is a bit adorable.
    • Like x 3
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I want Superman's 80th birthday emblem, I was away at the time and it kills me that I didn't get it, I got Batman's, but not Superman's and I want it, I want it, I want it !
  14. inferno Loyal Player

Doomsday gear with a great rendition!! Woot! and just like that, puts a smile on my face.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And I want the Batman v Superman Emblem Swag Bag, but I didn't buy it, 'cuz I was waiting for a sale, and then Warner Bros Studios (the Licensor) ordered it pulled from sale and made unavailable to anyone that didn't get it with no warning! We snoozed, and we lost. That, as they say, is the way the cookie crumbles. And there ain't a damn thing we can do about it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

If you are wanting a Superman costume head to "Gotham Under Siege" zone via the Amazon Fury portal and one of the merchants there sells the Fallen God style which has the emblem made into it. Also the emblem is larger than it appears on most chest pieces.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. Mojoloco1974 New Player

For me, this is really not a complicated fix, just amend the feat and add something to the existing one and have the costs replicate what they did before. So your not giving the feat to those who did not earn it...those that did it when it was around can have their special prize....dc can hold onto their agreement...it seems to me its win win all the way.

I still need the feat, and it bugs me that I took a break from the game when it was around. But I also bought the game day 1, and did not preorder and lost out on having batman for pvp (or the original one). So, in some regards I just live with it. I guess you can keep it around just as an example why there should be no timed feats. Everyone starts this game at a different point in its life cycle. We should be giving more opportunities to earn things, not less.

I believe there is a win win solution to this problem somewhere, heck, just have the flash go back to 2018 as a side quest. A lil creativity can go along way.
    • Like x 1
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You're missing the point. The intent of the Feat is to compensate those and only those who lived through the hack.

The intent is that the people who lived through the hack got a benefit that would never be available to people who didn't suffer the long inability to use the game that occurred during the hack period.

The intent to never make this feat available to anyone else, ever again, is working as intended.

There's no way to finesse "making sure people who lived through the hack get a 50 point feat no one else will ever get" into "everyone gets to have the 50 points." The entire point of the feat is that the latter is never going to happen.

(I was not around for the hack. I don't have the feat, I will never have the feat or that particular 50 points towards a Skill Point, and that is as it should be.)
  19. Mojoloco1974 New Player

I was referring to amending the emblem feat. I think it is impractical to give hack feat.
    • Like x 1
  20. Halahiiro Well-Known Player

Hack feat is invisible, if one did not get it.

This emblem feat is mocking everyone who ever looks in feats on Death of Superman episode and was not around when it was obtainable.
    • Like x 1