Where is the Lightstream Fix for Super Speedsters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ebon Pegasus, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

In November of last year, Mepps said that a Fix was in the works and that it was due to be rolled out with the next update. Again that was in November of 2020 and we've had several updates since then.

I own all of the Lightstream movement styles and have been unable to use them on my Speedsters for MONTHS.

An explanation would be nice. I don't know about you but I don't like paying for something and not having it work as intended for MONTHS on end.
    • Like x 4
  2. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Bump!!! I would love a reply.
  3. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

The silence is deafening.
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I'll help keep this thread alive
    • Like x 1
  5. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Thank you!!!
  6. Panderus Senior Producer

If this is the issue I think it is we fixed it on PC but not consoles. It seems like it is some sort of rendering issue and we haven't had the bandwidth for the person with the expertise to look into it too much. Mepps has been beating the drum of this issue weekly though. It hasnt fallen off our radar, its just harder to fix than anyone would like.
    • Like x 7
  7. Megzilla Developer

The fix for the lightstreams is a bit more complicated than initially anticipated, thus the delay. It really sucks that it's broken for speedsters :( Thanks for flagging this; I hope we'll have more news in the near future.
    • Like x 6
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Is this related to what Oceans and Mepps mentioned on the Community Stream Friday night? They said something about fixing movement modes when answering a question, and then they'd like to introduce new ones -- but the context wasn't really clear if they were referring to movement mode styles or entirely new movement modes.
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I never ask for free stuff, but I think a free movement change token or a refund should be available for those who want. The reason for it being bugged may be legitimate, but people paid for these things and they literally aren't getting what they paid for.

/in before a white knight brings up some obscure ToS paragraph lol
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Movement mode style is the safe bet, since movement mode would be more system wide work.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you file a ticket with customer service you might be able to get a refund. I think I saw someone say on here customer service refunded their Lightstream after they discovered it was broken. Not 100% sure if true.
  12. Great Architect Loyal Player

Or. You could wait for the fix that Mepps has been "banging the drum about". Not everything gets fixed immediately and automagically.

I think now that Daybreak has been purchased, there may be a lot more resources at their fingertips. Apparently the last quarter of 2021 will see a lot of upgrades.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't know why you quoted me, I'm not the one asking for a refund.
    • Like x 2
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

Ugh. I meant to quote the person you were quoting. Misclicks 'R' Us today, it seems :(.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Thank you so much for the responses. I really appreciate you two taking the time out of your busy schedules to update us on the status of this fix.

It’s not so much that I expected anything to get fixed immediately or “automagically”, it’s the fact that a higher up stated a fix was in progress months ago and they have updated nothing beyond that. I don’t expect a magical fix but I expect consistent communication and information regarding said fix. Especially when the last information we received on the subject stated that a fix was ready and was simply waiting to be inserted into an update.

And to add on to the compensation part, no, I do not believe that compensating someone for something that has not worked as intended for almost a year is unreasonable. While I did not ask for any such compensation yet, I would be remiss if as a paying customer who shovels hundreds of dollars into this game monthly I did not expect something for my troubles.

It may seem like an insignificant issue to you because maybe you aren’t a speedster or aren’t that much into concepts or designs. That is fine, but when I purchase something with a concept in mind and I can’t execute that concept through no fault of my own, I get a little irritated. And the longer it goes on and the more I see my concept not being realized and my money not being valued, the more said irritation grows.
  16. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

Wait how long? A year? Because that’s about how long it’s been broken so far. Also, stop pulling info out of your ***. Like you have any idea what will happen in Q4 2021.
  17. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

I appreciate you both for responding as well. I honestly gave up hope but it’s good to know that you’re working it. I hope you’re able to do it. Be safe and have a good day