Why Survival Mode should never see the light of day again.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Mar 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

What part of this conversation is about killing stuff fast?
  2. Shalayah Committed Player

No more 4 man SM!!

BRING BACK THE 8 MAN!!!
    • Like x 6
  3. Neuthonix Active Player

Hell ye this 4man toxic af
  4. Olli Malicious Active Player

As a tank, I actually really enjoyed this SM. Hard content always brings out its share of drama. But I don’t agree that there shouldn’t be more SM in the future. The amount of coordination required to beat content like SM is the main reason why I still play this game. If it wasn’t for SM, what would we be doing right now? Spamming COUE and bounties? No thank you. I’ll take more SM and the drama that comes with it everyday.
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Didnt read all the comments above, but here is my - very similar to carolines - experience.

Last season i played without my league, and people complained that i did that. This season i run with a core group consisting only of league members. Some people still complained that i chose those over them.

Sm is out for the 3rd week now and i am very close to beating R30.
    It took me everyday around 2-3hours inbetween weekends and around 15 hours on the weekend - everyday - to get there.

Part of that reason is that im tanking SM for the first time and dont heal it, wich is much, much more difficult for me. So, all this time and effort spent for 1 style item seems kinda crazy and i honestly gotta say i lost my will to continue after wiping 6-7 times at R30.

I dont even care about the style item anymore. I am just continuing for the rest of the group because we will eventually make it.

So, i would say, SM is still not perfect (never was imo) and that shows in the basics of its nature.

If you ever read/see a review of Fps games and read something like "enemies are bullet sponges" it automatically tells you... its going to be unneccesary lenghty.

This is exactly what SM is. Unnecessary long.
    Dropping R30 Zeus' health to the R10 Zeus is too easy, but the R11-R20 enemies have a pretty good spot when it comes to health.

Imo, they should cut out 10 rounds, so we dont have a billion different checkpoints. Then make it 10 easy rounds and 10 very challenging but not so long ones.

After fighting US in R29 over 30x its hard for me survive, because im getting tired and mind you, we play with 2 Dps and a Btroll... it doesnt go any faster than that. That fight still takes 20minutes.
    20 minutes of constant rolling out of range or lunge->invincible move.
    And then at 10% he sometimes decides to do his electricity Aoe because "he felt like it" since no one was even close, killing 3/4 ppl...

I help others sometimes too of course but going in R21+ to help feels way different than playing it to pass. Because the fights are so long, and you constantly have to move and be ready to get 1 hit, it becomes extremely annoying and tedious.

I personally dont know if i ever want to tank a SM anymore because its just so annoying.
    • Like x 3
  6. Blue Active Player

Hey caroline, at least it's not the hacking myriad this time. If they left your league that's good. Move forward without them.
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I didn't even run any raids or alerts until yesterday, since I was pretty much tired of them and the bounties. SM is really the only fun thing in the game right now. I tried tanking SM for the first time on my 180 sp rage tank and was able to beat 1-4. Didn't have time to try 5 that day but hopefully will this week. It is very difficult to find good groups without a league that runs SM, and I was lucky to be the 4th in group with 3 people from a strong villain league for 15-18. I had to go make dinner for my family so had to drop out at 19. Would have loved to keep going, but I think the OP's post is about some people making bad choices around SM. I definitely sympathize for Caroline, but I wouldn't have anything fun in DCUO without SM right now.
  8. Luke© Well-Known Player

You are mad about Survival mode but you are happy to pay for the round 30 carry.
  9. Luke© Well-Known Player

Double Standards you paid for your round 30 and you are salty about how much it cost so when you finally got it you are flaming the ones that carried you saying how much they charge what a joke.
  10. Caroline Dedicated Player

• Like x 3
  11. Caroline Dedicated Player

Sure, take SM and while you're at it, take all those glitchers, scammers and speed hackers that abuse it on daily basis, too.
    • Like x 3
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Decisions, actions, behavior ... in an ideal world where each person is an adult, mature and conscious individual ... all these things are on our conscience ...
    But this is in an ideal world, and in the real world things are different. You can spend hours writing lectures on the forum about how everyone should be responsible for their actions and how they should accept the consequences of their actions ... and this will only raise your self-esteem and no more. In real life, there are not mature people, there are people who have problems with self-control, with ingrained habits, with mental disorders of varying severity, just ordinary everyday problems. All this is there and will not disappear anywhere just because we wrote another instructive post on the forum.
    And also, in addition to the above things, there are practices in business that parasitize on immaturity, lack of self-control, compulsions ...
    TC, SM, artifacts, BB ... all these things are just such practices, you can accept them as a forced evil (the game is a business and it must bring money in order to continue to exist) ... you may even like them ( if your resources allow you to use them without frustration (you have a lot of money, time, friends, etc.)) ... but if you do not understand that they parasitize on the above-mentioned problems, they stimulate and aggravate ... you are either a fool or a blind ... or a hypocrite ...
    • Like x 2
  13. Reaper° New Player

Caroline you complain about said corruption however you self indulge, you paid for your round 30 by getting CodedKills to tank it for you and paid him. I also believe you paid Memoiriez to do 27-28. So you should stop being a hypocrite. You are just mad you had to pay to get your 30 and realised how much it cost you.
  14. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I agree that SM shouldn't see the light of day, your reasons however are not the right ones. This SM is poor, not enjoyable, and pretty much just exploits, rifle lunging and long range tank kiting.

I'd prefer a proper revamp to it and make it more about role checks etc. So a tank has to counter the right boss attacks, not have someone just rifle lunge for them. The troll has some form of controller check where they need to stun adds. The healer has a heal check where they need to keep people healed during a damage portion and finally, a dps check where you need to do x amount of burn or you're done. There is plenty of MMO's that have role checks in hard content and if done correctly, it works perfectly.
    • Like x 6
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Agreed and Thats also needed for Elite raids.
  16. Own Dsg Level 30

Can't get a group.
    Stuck on r3.
    Shouts on lfg for hours but no avail.
    League and friends already well beyond that so can't expect them to give up their time to help.
    Ridiculous game mode.
    • Like x 1
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Anddd thats why we need merge between ps/xbox/switch/pc servers.
  18. August Moon Well-Known Player

this, i like this . how great would it be if for instance on zeus each statue could be held like the suppressor , where each one has to be multi stunned opposite side of zeus. if he gets close to any one zeus does a pulse like aoe that hits the group for 99% including the tank and cant be shielded. where every 10s a timer appears over his head , forcing the dps into a damage check where they have to put out 300k or zeus will put out a proximity aura that gets strong each time its missed, making it harder for the tank to tank him /healer to keep the tank up. each time a statue dies the other ones gain the ability to break out from control effects every 2 minutes , upon each death a minute is shaved off the timer, so if one is left he is completely immune to any crowd control ,so you have no choice but to leave them alone and let the troll hold them while the dps burns the boss. if either of those two roles fail to meet expectations the tank suffers as well as the healer.
  19. Olli Malicious Active Player

I have no background whatsoever in programming, but I can’t help but wonder how hard it would be for the devs to somehow block third-party softwares from interacting with DCUO? Blaming SM for speed-hacking is being short-sighted and following that reasoning, DCUO shouldn’t even have elite raids because cheaters thrive in there too. SGE with the cats for the OP back, FGSE with the hard feats, etc.
  20. August Moon Well-Known Player

i kind of agree but sm should not be the only alternative to the break from the main game. imagine if dcuo had instances and events they looped on a monthly basis , sort of like seasonals but not grindy, just one instance one. imagine warping into a disheveled and destroyed watchtower , walking into the central hub bridge to find superman and superboy prime going at it, having to fight a little to stall for time to allow the justice league to set up check points in each wing of the watch tower. having superman lead him to each point until superboy prime defeats/kills each hero in there. Each checkpoint taking a quarter of his life away and getting him angrier and angrier , making the fight harder and unlocking more mechanics until the inevitable defeat.

Or a larfleeze instance where upon warping into the city he makes a massive constuct that you need to run away from . this construct was summoned to lure you over to where he is. you cna add small mechanics that slow the construct down or stops him for a brief second for the team to get a bit of a gap or something but this enemy cannot be fought at the chasing scene. upon reaching the middle you go through a cutscene and then have to fight larfleeze head on as a team

idk im kind of spit balling here , these events dont have to be tied down to a dlc and need no build up to jump into . they're just events that cycle through out the year and contains rare dropped rewards and event credit for vender rewards. it would break the staleness of dlcs , give people something to grind in between them, add new feats into the game and give developers some time to fix survival mode , or tinkle with powers/ artifacts
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.