Legion DLC, the most boring DLC ever?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 24, 2021.

1. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

What's boring about dcuo is its lack of progression systems there isn't much to keep you wanting more. The best thing to happen to dcuo in a bad way was artifacts and the implementation of that system. By that I mean the game is not balanced. so it wasn't a good time for artifacts and it still isn't a good time for them. Either way the artifact system isn't enough fuel for player progression it takes alot of time to progress with that. So we need more progression system we need a new gear progression system and a pet progression system. We need a gear enchantment system and a combine stage system for gear. We need skill points matter so when you get a skill point you feel a difference sooner rather than having to get 300 to feel anything and another 300 after that. If we're going to get very little content you better make sure you have a lot of progression systems. I think at this pont they have dried up pve its time to get to work on pvp side. Everyone just gonna find pve and all the next eps boring aswell
    • Like x 1
  2. Mermaid Dedicated Player

In terms of story and vibe definitely not my cup of tea. If I was a Legion fan, I'd be disappointed on how lackluster the roster and story are..

Also coming fresh off Wonderverse Open World Bosses concept did not help at all... I took a break from August-January so I did not have to experience much off it and was lucky enough to take part in bonus currencies so I didn't have to run it as much. I don't mind the open bosses back it shouldn't be back to back. The open world and it's missions are not interesting, I prefer having one like Wonderverse.
    • Like x 3
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There is no "hopefully"...they have already announced stuff about the next episode being more in line with previous releases (like before Wonderverse), and will include the first-of-its-kind Elite Duo in World of Flashpoint.
    • Like x 2
  4. zNot Loyal Player

No... openworld bosses are not wanted doesnt matter if its back to back or with a break between episodes we shouldnt have to sacrifice popular on duty content (second raid) for openworld bosses that is not popular if they come up again i know many that wont even play that dlc
  5. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I totally agree with you in your thinking, I have also felt this lately, I have the impression that farmer the SP (apart from this small satisfaction to have succeeded in the feat) is not really used to anything, evolve without feeling anything, but finally this effort provided does not bring much more in game, As for the artifacts, without wanting to dwell more on this subject here, or at least, the failure system will get the better of me, because I'm fed up with being taken for "a cash cow" even as a subscriber, I'm already starting to find another game that's less suffocating. ..
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What exactly is the point of this thread? What exactly are you hoping to accomplish with this dialogue? I'm asking legitimate questions here because it is clearer than day that they have heard peoples feedback on this Episode in particular as well as the Open World Boss Fights as a concept. They have already Announced the next episode: World of Flashpoint...
    Seems crystal clear they get it....so what are you trying to accomplish by beating a dead horse??? Complaining about the same thing all over again won't serve any purpose at this point. It's not going to make new content appear any faster than they have planned. They are perfectly aware that this content structure was not well received and have already made steps to return to something more familiar and welcome. So again....what is the point of this thread???
    • Like x 3
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I personally found it very boring yes. I only played the content so I wouldn't fall behind. Nothing about the story grabbed me. The content for me was lackluster. But with the pandemic going on and all that I said meh. It is what it is. That said I understand not every DLC is going to be something im personally a fan of and thats ok.
    • Like x 1
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

He's just sharing his view with all of us man. We're all here to talk about the game. Positive and negatives. He didn't say anything overtly rude. Relax my man.
  9. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

And why should we automatically have some kind of goal with a topic? Are we no longer allowed to express ourselves freely about things in this forum without necessarily expecting something in return?
    This is just a simple discussion topic and last time I checked, we still have the right to express our opinions/feelings on a forum!
    • Like x 1
  10. Solarbound Committed Player

I'm one of those who have been wanting to see a Legion of Superheroes DLC for the longest time. I'm bothered due to the fact that the DEVS simply did not deliver on introducing this storyline into the game. I was hoping for a much more immersive experience when they came around to giving this. So, it has been entirely underwhelming. One alert, one raid, and an overly excessive bounty grind just doesn't cut it. They need to get back to the original DLC structure. It was a formula that worked. I hope the upcoming Flashpoint DLC is what brings us back to that.
  11. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

How long was it between KCT and AF3? I thought it ended up being a long time because of the switch from monthly to full size. I guess it's not fair to compare KCT episode since it was monthly, but that was a terrible raid. I had finished my elite gear from DWFE and RITE on the hero side, so I switched to a villain and went up to endgame the old way (no CR skips back then). Got invited to a villain league and never used my hero again until a few weeks ago. Was done with all the elite gear and OP mask, so decided to use the CR skip for my hero abandoned at KCT. I guess that's a little positive is that my hero has full vendor gear and working on the 3rd level for the mask? meh
  12. Coldzoom Well-Known Player

Personally I can't think of a reason to farm Beacons anymore. The fact that they took out the solo and 1 bounty boss and just replaced it with an elite alert yeah BORING.
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

The styles werent the best. I hope this next one delivers.
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The open world boss group size scaling and contribution system was something that took development time away from potentially developing more content because it was new and done from scratch (complete with brand new tech implementation). However, now that it’s been figured out, it could be implemented without taking development time away from other things. Also, the prices of things bought with the secondary currency is the underlying factor in the vast majority of criticisms. If the prices were severely reduced, and or items moved to be for the primary currency (with more of that currency available due to more content) the system could remain without creating the scenarios that people have by far and large found displeasing.
  15. LLSmoothJ Active Player

For the most part, I don't really mind the bounties that much because they do have their uses outside of getting the weekly marks. I enjoyed that you can get additional gear to drop if your character is not at the CR as of yet (Almost as it's trying to get you to the CR before the next episode), but afterwards its benefits drop immensely. The fact that getting the crystals tied to the goggles relies on these bounties did not help at all, never mind that it would be easier soloing an Elite raid than getting them to drop. As for the content, I'm sorry. I know how wanted such an episode was, but I just can't get myself to care about LoSH (Maybe it was due to over hype, I don't know). It didn't help that in certain conditions the visuals would glitch out where I thought the game was going to crash. The only good thing I managed to get out from the episode were the Thrall of Ekron (Specifically the boots for my female characters) and that Static got some shine.
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

17. zNot Loyal Player

I think the bosses is what takes them alot of time adjusting the difficuclty and mechanics or in legions case they created completly new Bosses im sure there are things they could to cut the down on them but either way people want bigger episodes taking anything from the usual episode setup away is a step backwards.

2 raids 1 alert and 1 duo or solo with openworld and one bounty boss is what we are used to anything else they wanna do should be extra and shouldnt influence these usual content we get. Overall i think the openworld bosses is just not made for dcuo.

If they in the future give us bigger episodes they should just improve and enhance the content we usually get and add just things to them.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Are you being physically forced to log in and specifically play Legion and farm the additional marks, I mean you could just choose not too, just saying ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Really? We're doin this?
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Lol, legion hasnt been a great DLC by any means, but really if you've got all the feats done and cosmetics you want and the content repulses you so greatly, why are you inflicting further unnecessary pain upon yourself?
    • Like x 1