The Hackers Paradise.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Caroline Dedicated Player

Hello everybody.

This is probably my third or fourth thread in a row about speed hackers and I just can't and won't stop talking about it until something's done.

How much longer we, the people that are legit have to put up with the speed hackers and their accomplices?

How much longer, DCUO?

What happened to monitoring Survival Mode? What happened to permanently banning cheaters and not just giving them a week of suspension?

Please, you really need to think straight, because the people that are speed hacking are NOT the only ones at fault.

They are being PAID by their accomplices to do the dirty job for them OR they use a 2nd or even 3rd computer/laptop for it, so comments like: "But I'm on a PS4/PS5 Caroline, therefore I'm innocent." aren't valid.

Do you really think players that are Tier 10 don't know what a speed hacker is? Do you really think they will randomly jump into a group for Survival Mode and be like: "Ooops, I didn't know I just ran with a speed hacker and I got R30 done, but **** happens, right?"

I saw it happen before and I still see it happening today. I beat SM R30 couple days ago and I spent hours upon hours working my way up there just to see another group beat it with a speed hacker and walk free.

How I know they speed hacked it? Because I use my brain. People who are 310 CR with 90 SP don't beat it in a legit way and if you think they do, please prove it.

And everybody who ran with a player who has 310 CR & 90 SP OBVIOUSLY knew what they were doing. They OBVIOUSLY wanted that person to help them or were doing it on their own by having a different device (computer, laptop, etc).

I'm not saying that everybody is getting it done that way, but a lot of them took advantage of a fake, throw-away account that they obviously don't give a **** about to get what they want done.

Isn't it suspicious to see 3 players with maxed out gear, skill points, CR 331 in a group with 1 player who is 310 CR?

I did all of my feats in a legit way and I'm gonna give you examples for some major things that you brought to the game that have been long forgotten by many.

1. Legends PvE x10 count:

A lot of players paid speed hackers to run them through Paradox Wave multiple times by killing the main boss, making it in-and-out situation. I reported at least 10 people from villain side and each time I was told: "We will look into it." and I still see these same players walk free 'til this day.

Speed hackers might have been banned, but what about their accomplices? Were they innocent if they went 100 times in the same instance (Paradox Wave, which is one of the toughest maps to do, therefore nobody really spends time in it, unless they need team-ups and such) and got their feats done? Can we call it an accident? Sure.

2. CoUe - speed feat & FGSe feats.

Thanks to ObsidianChill, a lot of people were uncovered literally on day 1 & 2 of the new DLC's for having some of the toughest feats at that time.

How come nobody posted a video of them getting it done? You wanna tell me PS doesn't have an option to record the last 15 minutes of a fight at least? All those 100 people who got those feats done on day 1 couldn't record it and post it on youtube or at least stream it? Ok, definitely looks legit.

And how come players that I've seen struggle in regular runs get through a CoUe - speed feat or a FGSe - Omega & No Death feats on day 1? Come on, tell me your secrets, Mr. CR 205 & SP 30.

Why are only speed hackers being punished? What about their accomplices, DCUO? Is it because of the money they're giving you, therefore you're ready to look away and put up with it?

Is there something more to it?

I'm ready to receive hate and I don't care if I get banned, I just won't stay quiet. And if there are speed hackers reading this or at least their accomplices - git gud, frEnd. Stop ruining the game for the rest of us, the ones who get their **** done in a legit way, you useless ***** ***** *** piece of ****.

So, um yeah! Stop being a scrub and prove us wrong. Prove us that you can be better.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 34
  2. Lara Committed Player

"He doesnt have god of death defying"
    Speedhacker: LB still tough with speedhack

LMFAO he talkes like he is a super genius and speed hacking is a nice thing jesus christ **** idiot smh ban this dude and ban all other Speedhacker, Everyone knows the Leagues they are Speedhacking i just say Unholy.... that says EVERYTHING on vill side its disgusting too watch and its even more disgusting too see this noobs like on caros screenshots they are PROUD on it omg.
    • Like x 5
  3. Neuthonix Active Player

Good ****, Caroline. Call them ******* out.
    • Like x 7
  4. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Hate speed hackers. If you can't beat it the right way, then you didn't beat it. I do think more needs to be done to get them off the game.
    • Like x 6
  5. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I gotta say I don't really care if someone speed hacked their way through paradox 8 years later for those feats. Generally I agree with you though. Also I don't think it's suspicious to see max players w a lower player. People leave for a couple dlcs, come back and rejoin their friends who have got stronger and then their friends speed run them to catch them up.

If you aren't new to DC then you should know these repeated forum posts aren't really going to do anything for you or the community. There's probably been 500 of these threads over the years.
    • Like x 1
  6. Caroline Dedicated Player

To each their own.
    • Like x 5
  7. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

For the record when I say friends come back to the game and get speed run by their old friends I just mean bc their friends are over powered in comparison not saying they speed hacked for their old buddy to catch him up. As someone who frequently takes breaks and comes back I'm that guy getting carried to catch back up every 6 months or so
    • Like x 2
  8. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  9. Pinky Well-Known Player

I support your effort to call them out. Even though I believe the devs would've banned them ages ago if they had the balls to. Look at Blizzard and their regular ban waves of cheaters/botters. DCUO devs can't hold a candle to Blizzard when it comes to ethics.
    • Like x 2
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The players will come up with all kinds of reasons to justify why they should be "allowed" to do this... the two biggest reasons I always hear are:
    • The ride-alongs spend a lot of money to get the stuff done
    • "I ain't got time to grind all that stuff out"
    Those two excuses have two kinds of players... a small group of the ones who can still get the job done, and a much larger group of people who still can't run the mechanics of DME's Hawkman & Barbatos fights correctly today when it's from 3 DLCs ago (yes, I've run with some of them and it gets very frustrating). It's one thing to run it after a long period off/not running it and make a mistake or two as you dust off the cobwebs... but the ride-alongs STILL have no clue. The only reason I think they can survive ZooE and PanE is that the burn is so much higher than expected for those raids that you don't see a lot of the mechanics any more, otherwise they'd have problems in there too.

There is no justifying cheating, and that is what speed hacking is. I believe Mepps already has stated that they are looking at updating policies about this. I have no reason to doubt this and I'm willing to grant them the time to make those adjustments. Until then we are going to be stuck with it because that kind of policy change will require an update to the Terms of Service... and that means legal mumbo-jumbo, approval by the corporate lawyers, etc., and all of that is going to require research by the legal time, back-and-forth with the staff, final corporate approvals, and then publishing the changes. This is not an overnight fix, as much as we might want it to be.
    • Like x 4
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's so blatant that there is at least 1 guy who's been advertising 'SM Carries' for money all day in LFG(there are now a few, but 1 guy all day). Now while some groups can probably mosey through to round 30 with ease, 3 manning it with a squatter should still be fairly impossible.

As far as detecting the speed hacking, it always seems to me like there should be able to be thresholds put in on a run that would set off some log snippit to the devs for review. Finish SFFE/FGSE in 10 min? Probably an issue. Have a raid where the top DPS is 10x the 2nd DPS...probably an issue. A hit counter goes over the 1500x mark? Probably an issue. I think the bigger issue is that until it affects the bottom line, there is no incentive for DBG to stop the speed hackers, but there is a dev cost to do so. If they did start banning the people being carried with a speedhacker, they are no faced with the issue of "So, do we ban a player who subs and spends lots of money on artis and such just to prove a point?" We've seen in the past with money and item glitches...the answer is no in most cases. And unless the 'real' players will catch a ban, 'finding' the speedhackers nets them no more than when one is reported...which costs almost nothing as we are doing the work there.
    • Like x 3
  12. ItsSeven Level 30

It’s like that one time they banned about 400 people for doing the time capsule glitch but unbanned them a week later because the game was dead. A bunch of those people who we’re banned spent tons of money so keeping the ban would probably hurt the game more than it would have helped.

I’m not saying don’t do anything about it, but I can understand why there’s little incentive from the devs to do so.
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is savage and very satisfying. That said, I'd rather see the resources put into preventing the cheats and hacks so they aren't possible at all and no one has the chance to violate the game or other players at all. If the cheats and hacks are patched out and people can't use them, they don't have to punish anyone.
    • Like x 2
  14. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Speed hackers you say ? last year people cry about "lunging to survive" and this year starting from R 16 its normal mechanic so meybe next year speed hacking become normal thing :) DCUO Devs tradition is instead of fixing :

[IMG]
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I've been screencapping and reporting hackers both through the ticket system and on the exploit report subsection of the forums here. Allowing speedhackers to trivialize SM with no repercussions for the the hackers or people who hire them makes me feel they should just unlock all rewards to all players.
    • Like x 2
  16. zor ile Well-Known Player

these dudes know who doesa it i even told them take that tools
  17. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

In call of duty Warzone, they would have found a way to make the hackers end up on a server where the hackers (suspect) play each other ^^
  19. testerz New Player

The developers are being soft about this issue.
    If the players on the round 30 feat list cant provide a video of their group defeating Zeus along with the scorecard, then they are cheating by default. It would be common sense to record such a triumphing moment. Those that can't show proof should be deemed a cheater and have their entire group stripped of their crowns and access to the game.
    • Like x 2
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Gotta disagree. I've been gaming for 30yrs and have never ever recorded any of it. Been on live streams with some games but never personally recorded. The other 3 guys I'm playing this with, 1 has recorded once in all our runs for the close to 2yrs we've been running together. All for punishing people but this is not the way. At most, I'd take a pic of the end scorecard but even then, who cares.

Plus, guilty till proven innocent never really works
    • Like x 10