A collector's system for orbital strikes, henchmen and trinkets "pet and others

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

As you've probably noticed, for some time now we've had more and more orbital strikes, different, henchman, different and various trinkets, so it's nice to have all of that, but after a while, it ends up taking up a lot of space in our inventory or bank, if we want to keep a certain number, for the moment they are not all useful to us of course, but if we ever change power one day, compared to the theme of power may have led to different visual desires, it will always be good to have them "to hand".

So, following this type of envy and sometimes a certain "conservative instinct", could not have imagined a collection system operating a little on the same principle as the outfits?

For example, when we receive a new orbital strike in our inventory, we could, then, "eat / consume" this one and it would end up on a bulletin board provided for this purpose and with all the others. existing orbital strikes, so that if becomes a visual option that we could change as we see fit if we have such a strike in the location.

Of course, the same thing is needed for henchmen, "pet" type trinkets as well as supply drops.

This would allow us to gain space for our inventory which, it must be admitted, is filling up more and more quickly!
    • Like x 15
  2. Brit Loyal Player

For a couple of years now, I've been saying that integrating a Trinket should migrate it to the Lair Dispenser, so we could destroy and reclaim them the same as the default Henchmen, Sidekicks, and Orbitals.
    • Like x 14
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Would love to see a new lair tab or something where we can just claim trinkets/strikes/henchmen/drops once we've integrated them.
    • Like x 2
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Probably the easiest solution with what’s already in game, but I’m no expert on coding. It may be easier just to create new style tabs.

I like having all of the variations in orbitals, henchmen, etc; but it’s choking inventory (especially now that we’re branching into rare SM ones that you can’t delete). ☹️
    • Like x 1
  5. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Why not, the "Lair Dispenser" could be used for this as a kind of "library" for this kind of trinket. I was also thinking of the "base mainframe" where there could be a "library" type tab and we would just have to check the visual theme we want to see for the orbital strike or whatever.
    • Like x 1
  6. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

This seems like a great way to work it, on the surface.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

I have tech request in for the dispenser being updated to do just that. It's in the pipeline. Likely to start with just henchmen, orbitals, supply drops but hopefully expand to trinkets (combat pets, wedding proposals, bubble gum, etc.) we'll see what magic (tech) can happen.
    • Like x 33
  8. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Cool, that's great news, it will do a lot of good to our inventory spaces !
    • Like x 1
  9. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

ps: however, we will still have to be allowed to sell them, before choosing to store them in the device ;)
  10. Wildcat Committed Player

can we have/is it possible to have all emote trinkets into emote menu? (or add some new emotes into that menu)?
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

Tech request for that as well.
    • Like x 14
  12. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

My program believes in y’all.
    • Like x 1
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is great, but the extreme shortage of still-open inventory slots (after maximum expansion) for those of us who like to carry around all our trinkets and toys so we might use them at a moment's notice if we like, and who similarly like to carry around lots of other useable disposables, items, etc., is still a huge problem. Is there some technical limitation that prevents allowing us to pay you more money for a substantially larger inventory?

I assume there wouldn't be another relevant reason, other than technical limitations, to not Take Our Money that we've been begging for year after year to be able to give y'all for our having more inventory?

I'm down to running around with a dozen or at max two dozen open inventory slots after having maxed out what's available many years ago, given my preferences for what I like to keep on hand. It's insanely frustrating to have to stop every ten minutes or so to empty those dozen or two dozen slots again. And again. And again. Etc.

Stuff drops frequently enough in the game -- loot, disposables, collections, etc. -- that those slots fill in literally ten or so minutes of ordinary play. It's been my worst structural frustration with the player UI/options for years now.

(If you fix that problem, I'll go back to begging for the broker to be restructured to allow for buying and selling in batches, rather than each transaction needing to be done manually.)

Grateful thanks if this ever gets looked at again. TAKE MY MONEY!
  14. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Devs Devs when can this be implemented? It is becoming extremely complicated to manage the inventory with all its various elements falling out more and more "often". This makes the game extremely difficult to manage when there are vents such as xp artifacts.

I still think there should be a "library page" system where once you eat it, you just have to check it off to activate it, but if Charon sees it that way, I thought the library system would be simpler, it would be directly available from your character.

On TESO collection is so made like the picture below, it's like a style customization tab, but it's a tab for "mount" to make it appear on with our character a single or double click (I don't know the number of clicks :D) enough

[IMG]

This would be (I think) more ergonomic for us.
    • Like x 1
  15. Heywiar Committed Player

I second this! My bank is like 90% orbitals. :p
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

This is another example of a much-requested and universally popular quality of life improvement that is yet to be implemented. I think they will eventually get there with this one. Developing lots of orbitals and henchmen is a massive positive that we all enjoy, I guess the inventory clutter is an unintended consequence.
  17. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Unintended consequence I doubt it, it was certainly thought of, I'd be surprised if they thought of something without considering the <<risks>> behind it, but they probably thought people wouldn't be so conservative, but a dev will certainly answer that better :).

ps: I've looked at the menu where its put the styles and materials and stuff and there's just enough room to add a "collection" category ;p
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

Apologies, I was referring to inventories cluttered with loads of different orbitals, supply drops, henchmen trinkets etc, sorry if that was unclear.
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

@Devs where do you stand on this?
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

My money is on "still in the pipeline" since they haven't announced that it's ready for testing/live.