Fixed Survival Mode Bosses Reseting Health

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Japamas, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Japamas New Player

The bosses evading and resetting their health in survival mode is getting ridiculous. This has happened to me multiple times but now it is just annoying. Me, Mini Cure, Zay, and Decapitates were on Round 16 for hours and then when we get close to beating it the boss resets all of his health. I was loot locked but my teammates Mini Cure, Zay and Decapitates(USPS) deserves something if not the next checkpoint because this is getting out of hand how many times I have had survival mode bosses evade and reset their health on me.
    • Like x 13
  2. AV Loyal Player

Pretty sure it's not a bug, just a terrible way to convey there's only a single arbitrary way we're allowed to fight the boss as I discuss in more detail here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ival-mode-season-2.314487/page-5#post-4386830
    • Like x 1
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can assure you 1000% its a bug. Just had it happen 3x in a row in R26... Our healer constantly countered him and as i dropped aggro, he went for our BTank - killing him - getting stuck on him and reseting health. Also, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY of Tanking it in R26. I'm a maxed out Tank and even if i counter within 0.1sec, i still get a 1hit through my shield with severe punishment active without blocking.
    • Like x 4
  4. AV Loyal Player

How frequently were you allowing him to attempt to PvP you though? Were you baiting all of his PvP attacks in between his charge phases until he started charging again? Or just tagging and full kiting while only knocking down a few of his potential PvP attacks? I can only replicate this with the latter in which case he resets constantly, but never with the former.
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i kept him on full range, never countering him. Our heal did tho. Whenever i attempted it, i got a 1hit...
    • Like x 1
  6. AV Loyal Player

Yeh afaict that's what causes the reset, which is dumb I know. Ie. We have to constantly go into range to bait him before rolling out of the BB. It's not enough to just get some counters now and then, have to actively bait and punish him consistently.
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

When bosses SM or not are left in grey range repeatedly over the course of 20-40min rounds things are going to happen. The footage ive seen of resetting can be chalked up to grey range tanking. Survivability and lunge mechanic changes aside, this has always happened throughout all of DCUO with npcs resetting and evading from nothing to target at the time. Then you mix in hard taunts and non-hard taunts and makes it even easier.
  8. AV Loyal Player

I think it is uberbugged after all. Just tested 26 while staying in range, punishing every PvP attack, he reset like 3s after I taunted him, while in range, ~7-8 s after consecutive PvP dodges and knockdowns.

Tested the same method on 6 and 16 with no reset issues and can even more from grey indefinitely they're without reset if someone wanted.

It seems to happen if his most recent charge target dies (in any way, even if it's not too charge). Could be his aggro programming for the random target is messed up.

Also,. 26 feels very sluggish and chuggy compared to 6/16. Something just feels wrong in there sometimes.
    • Like x 2
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tired of arguing and since a video says more than a thousand words... here it is. You can listen to my voice as all my hopes and dreams get shattered. :)
    • Like x 5
  10. AV Loyal Player

(Just in case this wasn't fixed by todays hotfix)

We noticed that the muckier the round felt (ie. weird/sluggish game/server/input response, attacks not respecting i-frames, rubber banding, inexplicable behaviour, etc) the more likely a reset seemed. I practiced Shark on 6 and 16 until I could do him non-stop without being hit by a Stomp Smash and those rounds never had issues and always had crisp input/server response. R26 usually felt completely different, like there was a delay, and it was frequently very unresponsive. This would generally culminate in multiple boss resets until a wipe occured (the hardest part of the reset is re-aggroing, as it's extremely dangerous), and the subsequent Freeze round would tend to have weird issues as well. Kinda felt like w/e system the server had us running on was messed up.

Here's a round without resets but you can see that every single time King Shark gets caressed by a pet in any way that remotely adjusts his pathing, the model locks up and stares wistfully off into the distance as though the server has initiated a reset procedure.

This round had responsiveness more on par with what we see on R6/16, without sluggishness major lag (though the one time I get hit I am clearly in my i-frames when the hit actually lands).

Here's some resets I recorded with potentially different causes:

1. The first clip shows him reset shortly after his most-recent charge target gets KO'd. We saw this happen a few times (even if it wasn't the charge itself that KO'd their most recent target). This could indicate their may be an issue with his charge code where perhaps he's, on some level, still programmed to think that one random target is an entire separate hate list and that, when they die, he thinks the fight is over because that hate list is emptied. Also, a Stomp Smash procs my manacles and, at the time, I thought I rolled early but the damage just happened way later than it normally does, indicating some lag may also have been at play here.

2. Same run. This one happens shortly after a major server stutter. This was also common, with a reset coming shortly after weird lag spikes we didn't see on other rounds where perfectly timed rolls were suddenly getting hit.

3. This, getting hung up on other models, seems to be the most common and, as seen in our clear video, this can happen at any range no matter how many people are hitting him.

We must have had over a dozen resets over the course of a few days, which was extremely frustrating because lining our schedules up limits climb time already as is. In one case we had 4 resets in a single run.
    • Like x 2
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He just reset again, while everyone was out of range despite the hotfix in Round 26.
    • Like x 1
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

There was a hotfix today that attempted to address it. Only bump something if it's still happening after you've tested the hotfix. If it is still happening, please actually say so and what you're seeing.

Thanks...
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edited the comment, sorry.
    • Like x 1
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll post a video soon, just attempting another try atm.
    • Like x 1
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here is the video as promised. We finally managed to do it now, by not standing so far out of range ever, like AV said. It still shows however, that the exact thing described in the hotfix is still not working perfectly.
    • Like x 1
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll pass it along. Thanks for the additional video.
    • Like x 2
  17. Luke© Well-Known Player

We were doing King Shark for a friend got him down to 60% he reset. We decided to continue and he reset a total of 4 times before we disbanded.
  18. NoodlesDcuo New Player

Just made a post about the same thing. Happened to me a couple days ago on round 26 and today on 16. At this point I need that checkpoint because I've spent too much time in there for it to keep resetting when he gets halfway
  19. NoodlesDcuo New Player

20. NoodlesDcuo New Player