MMO or Fashion Show

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Mar 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I mean, from what we see here, all of your replies outshine anything I could post, but it's not a competition.

But. Um no, those words I wrote don't mean that when written in a sentence together in the english language. Maybe either give it another try, or not skim read. Not sure where you broke down there but good luck with it :)

Note: * italics added for emphasis.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just wanted to touch on these bits.

See, the problem with content isn't so much what they give in as much as what they give can never keep up with the demand. Ever. Even in games where content releases come in the form of typical MMO expansion packs, the amount of time required to make it is MUCH larger than the time it takes to run it. And when new content of any kind comes out, people tend to rush to run it. There's a variety of reasons why they do so, but the rush takes place every single time.

So you can end up with a piece of content that takes months to develop and run devoured in minutes. For example, I don't know what the turnaround time was on designing, making, testing and releasing The Last Son of Krypton solo instance in the Death of Superman releases, but even with reused assets I'm pretty sure it wasn't the five minutes or so it can take to run that mission.

Add in replay badges that allow players to re-run content to get more rewards out of a play session? You've got a situation where players who run out of things to do end up being their own worst enemy in that regard. If someone rushes to do brand new content and then spams replay badges to get everything as soon as possible, their lack of things to do may well fall on themselves, not the devs.
    • Like x 4
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Thats why i think it shouldnt be possible to rush through elite raids they can designe the elite raids to make it hard on people and by not allowing us to use 5 damage dealers if people would use 3 damage dealers and if they had to use 3 damage dealers 2 Tanks 1 controller 2 healers due to the design of the Elite raids that would already slow things down add to that more difficulty on the Tanks and those elite raids should be there for longterm challenge and they contribute to longevity of a episode.

If the hardest content in that episode is done so fast it doesnt give players a reason to play anymore or gear up further since renown isnt that difficult to get anymore with Elite alerts and soon elite duo and the rewards in the elite raids are only the renown which imo arent even enough reason for people to play it after max renown.

Also the duration of bossfights are sometimes so quick it gives the impression of rushed feeling one elite bossfight should take us a while to defeat the devs put alot work in the raids giving those bosses low HP makes it seem rushed if we can rush through and kill the bosses so fast,it should take a while and be slow fight in elite raids.

This piece of content (elite raids) should be valued more and reward us more but also stay challenging longer and be a difficult piece of content to defeat.
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

But that brings up another problem: content difficulty is limited in duration.

The first time a player runs content? It's all new. It takes time to learn the tells, the mechanics, what to do and when to do it, or what NOT to do and what to avoid doing. In all likelihood, the first time running a piece of content is when the most failures take place.

By the fourth or fifth time, though? You've learned the pitfalls, the ins and outs. You know where to stand and when to get out of the way. It gets easier every time you run it, and if you happen to gear up along the way it gets easier because your stats increase as you go and you can keep up with those demands. In some cases simply getting a higher level weapon makes a ton of difference/

The only way to keep difficulty in place for the longest time possible is to make the content so hardcore that even being fully geared (maxed out Artifacts, the newest elite gear, top of the line mods, etc.) means you're going to have a tough time of it. And that's bad for progression. They learned that lesson in Origin Crisis, if I remember correctly. That's one of the big reasons they came up with Survival Mode, to provide that challenge that high CR/endgame players kept asking for without having to tie it into the progression system.

Funny thing, though, despite folks repeatedly asking for challenges in both new content and things like Survival Mode, more than a few folks spend quite a bit of time and effort to find and exploit glitches in both content and SM so that it goes easier (thinking about all the lunge spamming complaints on a prior SM). So for me that's going to bring into question exactly how many people REALLY want a challenge in the game when some are more than happy to cheese their way through it if the opportunity arises.
    • Like x 6
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Origin crisis paradox dropped the Best gear so it gave people a reason to keep on reset the raid,also to come to your main Point: Paradox had NO easy difficulty it was only ONE difficulty so we can say that origin crisis had only raids with elite difficulty and no regular version that was the mistake giving only ONE difficulty not the fact that paradox was hard that was a good thing and thats why you cant take that argument and say that elite raids shouldnt be difficult because they have to be difficult if paradox had a regular novice version/reg version most people wouldnt have complained.

People always try to use the most OP and easy way to succed even the best players thats normal doesnt mean they dont want a challenge :) this is why They need to be strict with difficulty and let people work for the elite raids and spend time learning the raid and yes that means even if you know the mechanics the bosses should be big danger to the Tanks even with full Elite gear look how strong shields are in the game we are able to tank hits from Bosses that are 500+ cr and generally Tanks are very strong in dc especially with a good healer and 4 man sm isnt a challenge for the most part if you kite and lunge all day long and have 2 tanks for 1 Boss and can die xx times and still finish it since there is no KO limit.

Alot of folks want a challenge especially that Episodes elite content are exclusive for members and are supposed to last for many months it should give us a challenge, SM is for everybody (free) so elite raids should be special since its content that costs money once they focus on this im sure people will be longterm interested in the Episode. Sm is very popular proofing that people want a challenge the 10th anniversary speedflux raid also had good difficulty apart from the low HP and was very WELL recieved by the community proofing my point further.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

lol wut... No, I know what you're trying to say, you want to see visible improvement in the areas you want improved within the game that aren't strictly cosmetic, I understand that.

I was merely pointing out the technicality that all the money made from the cosmetics does contribute towards the actual game itself, such as "operating costs" and the like so without those profits you have no actual game to work on, neither aesthetically or functionally ;)
    • Like x 4
  7. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

This sentence concedes to everything MyDPSIsBetter said in the comment you quoted. By doing this you are not saying what you think you are saying, you are instead actively advocating for no more new powers, PVP updates and anything else he mentioned in his comment. Remember, you started by saying "This is not some awful revelation", meaning his comment....his entire comment is the revelation you are saying is not awful.

Notice he didn't merely disagree with you, he asked if you even read what he said.

If you would have written it like this it would have made more sense.

Cosmetics and boosts are the industry standard for monetizing because they add value for the player *without affecting gameplay*. We want more of this. This is not some awful revelation. We've been pushing them to this for years intentionally. It should have happened years sooner. You're so angry for now reason. This is a good thing. This is what we want. This is also what you want. We want the game monetizing from cosmetic items.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Honestly, I understand where the OP is coming from. It's a superhero game. Superpowers will be one of the main attractions- and many folks want a variety in said powers. I never understood why they revamped the power trees the way they did, making it seem like it'll be a lot easier to add new abilities in the future, but almost 4 years later, never got around to it. PvP is also a big attraction in online games these days, and it doesn't make sense how there still isn't any plans to at least attempt to address it, but I digress.

I've seen threads like this again and again with the same responses over and over, and I've particularly seen the OP on numerous occasions with the same complaints, it might be time to throw in the towel and admit that the game isn't really seasoned to your particular taste. Perhaps it might be time to take a break and come back later down the road with rekindled interest. Maybe some things will change by then, maybe they won't. Who knows, but don't let the game destroy your mental health, man.
    • Like x 3
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Fortunately, the game and the world revolve around you. And being highest on the game scorecard is, after all, a great achievement in life and the world. Your eloquent posts make clear your verbal dexterity and keen insight. Again, kudos, and thank you for gracing us with your wisdom.
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

So ive spent $80 in a month switching powers between all roles. Idk i just cant find one that fun right now, i even tried earth with all iconic powers and mann we just meed some new abilities.
    • Like x 1
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Not to disagree with anything else you are saying, but as a point of trivia, absolutely zero has changed in the past ten years as regards copyright and the game. What's changed has been DC Entertainment's policies as regards acceptable player use of DC symbology and look and feel, and that's all.

I mention this only because copyright and trademark law are among the most misunderstood things on teh interwebs. Carry on.
    • Like x 5
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I've passed on my wisdom for 10 years, a total of close to a million views teaching players how to play the game and understand it. What ever you talking about outside of this forum nobody trying to hear. I'm one of the most in game trusted players this game has.
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Hi OP,

Cosmetic items and boosts (like TC styles and replays) pay for new things in the game to get made, like new missions and powersets. They keep the lights on and the rent paid. These are things that most players like and pay for so they're easy to monetize and they don't impact gameplay--so they're the best content to monetize. So, like Mepps said earlier; you might not care about styles, but they're paying for all the new content (levelling or powersets or whatever in the future). Make sure to post and tell the devs what types of content you want to see. If it's powersets -- make sure to tell them.
    • Like x 3
  14. XNatureGuardianX Active Player

It is clear that you are not playing WoW.

I have been playing since version 3.3.5
    My characters
    NightElf Druid
    Worgen Druid

The reason I play this game is because I like some characters from the DC universe.
    I've seen the potential for this game to compete with wow, but the developers are lazy
    I think the game is not where it deserves

WoW is doing many improvements pve, pvp, class power and so on.
    but this game is more focused on style
    That's why people get bored over time and leave

I like to play the power of nature, but the plant does not have a visually suitable shield for inadequate healing.
    Animal forms are extremely limited. WoW, they provide beautiful visuals for the plant.
    Druid animal forms are not restricted Animal forms have their own dps
    But if the developers continue like this in this game, nature cannot reflect the power well

It makes me sad that this game has become this:(
  15. zNot Loyal Player

I have to agree with alot of these things and i also think that dcuo has sooo much potential but i wont say the devs are lazy i think that dimension ink isnt investing enough money back into dcuo (look at the revenue dcuo makes) like more budget for the game and episodes and a bigger dev team and so on to make it much better and bigger also others in this thread wrote similar things about this i think dimension ink invest the bare minimum into dcuo to keep us playing the game without doing major changes and updates.

To make it clear we have such great devs such as Charon that work really hard but the issue are not the devs in my opinion as i said its how dimension ink leads dcuo.
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Well, I played WoW, and I don't share your admiration. It took 4 years from the start before we got a new class ... in just 17 years, whole ... 3 new classes were added to the primary 9 ...
    Since the very first season of arenas in pvp, there have been constant class rebalances, which led to the fact that every season there were new op classes ...
    The graphics, even at the time of release, were outdated for many years ...
    Many years passed before at least some kind of equipment costumization was added ...
    Each new addition after the Lich King, the class system was only simplified ...
    Each new addition the plot got worse ...
    you can list and enumerate ... .... though there is fishing ...
    Yes, you can find a lot of very good things ... this is the essence of each game, in addition to its pros, it also has disadvantages ... yes, there are some things better in WoW than in DCUO, but it is not correct to consider them without the context of the minuses of this game (WoW) .. ...
    • Like x 3
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ooo, nifty! A triple hit!

1. Making an "apples and oranges" comparison between two different MMOs/MMO companies
    2. Using a game that is both the anomaly of the MMO landscape AND the 500 pound gorilla of the MMO landscape to make said comparison
    3. Calling our dev team "lazy"
    Any one of those alone is enough to elicit an :rolleyes: reaction, but three in one post?! Outstanding!
    • Like x 3
  18. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

[IMG]

And so the fun begins. In before the lock.
    • Like x 2
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm sure you're astonishingly wonderful. And yet still so modest!
    • Like x 1
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And there's no better way to motivate people than insulting them.

Seriously? You think attacking people's professionalism with baseless, non-falsifiable, insults is useful?

Another forum contributor with mass telepathy powers! There sure are a lot of you folks.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.