Zack Snyder's Justice League

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Fatal Star, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Why is there hardly any discussion about the Snydercut on a DC forum? I mean obviously this particular forum isn't dedicated to that (duh), but really? I'd at least expect a thread going for it...besides the trailer one that is.
    • Like x 6
  2. Controller Devoted Player

Don't want to give up any spoilers just yet, I guess.

I know its a TON better than the other one.
    • Like x 3
  3. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I don't play dcuo anymore, but the movie literally mad me think about this forum. The movie is so good it didn't even feel like 4hrs. It's easily top 5 superhero movie of all time for me
    • Like x 3
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i thought it was all right. didn't move me to tears. better than the theatrical cut but not by much.
    there was just as much cringe with twice the run time.

Snyder has a good grasp of Wonder Woman. Her opening sequence was worth more than all of 1984 and her finishing move in the movie was bad ***.

Both Cyborg and Flash had more to do. There was a nice chemistry between the two despite the fact I think both are terribly miscast into these roles. Fisher is good with dead pan delivery but little else. Miller is embarrassing to watch as the Flash.

Aquaman was less of a tool.

One of the biggest disappointments for me with the theatrical cut was the opening song. It was just such an awful start to the movie.

Snyder cut wasn't much better. I got serious Wicker Man vibes at some points (the cage version) . And that singing. It was like they were trying to summon Mothra.

The scene in the cemetery gave us some better interaction between these characters than the whedon cut. but it still had the markings of a campy b movie. Godot is usually on point with her civilian styling but that outfit she was wearing was such a fail whoever cleared it needs to go.

If you can overlook the "trying to sell a new video game" special effects the action scenes are what really made the movie. Everyone got some good moments in.

The Whedon cut may be awful but one thing I get was his editing out of a lot stuff. The Barry/Iris scene was okay but really completely unnecessary. Even if you take Miller out of the equation I think the DCEU gets super speed wrong. It just doesnt look or feel fast to me. The 1990 Flash tv series handled it better. Manhunter should have had a little more to do. What he did do was cool...but again, completely unnecessary. I am surprised that I liked Ryan Choi.

The entire epilogue leading to the Joker needs to be cut from the movie.

I would have given anything to have Darkseid tell DeSaad he'll get Wonder Woman to marry him yet while everyone was looking at each other through a boom tube.
    • Like x 6
  5. Shalayah Committed Player

To be honest. I was just disappointed about Darkseid. The only action he had in the movie was him being defeated minutes after he arrived on earth in a flashback. He never really showcased his power at all.
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

I liked it a lot. I was waiting on this since forever, I never liked Josstice League. It was a huge mess.
    Yes, Snyder Cut was long, about 4 hours, but it was worth every minute in my eyes. I felt like I was watching and only watching but like I was being apart of the Superhero world for those four hours. I did cry, I did laugh and I did get excited. This movie should be an example of what Superhero movies should be like (in my eyes).

****Spoilers*****
    The best part about it was Martian Manhunter. He is my favorite male DC Character. Since growing with JLU\JL. So seeing him "On the big screen" is an achivemeant as a MM fan. :D

Knightmare was wow. I don't like Mera's actress ( Please replace Amber already argh ) but the entire scene was just so powerful and had me on edge. I liked Leto's Joker and here he proved that he is Joker. His laugh made me shiver. The whole scenario reminded me of Injustice. GOD I HOPE they are bringing Injustice to the big screen.

This cut made me fall inlove with Ezra's Flash. It finally felt like The Flash in my eyes. His scene with Iris was cute, abit confusing in connection to the movie.

Wonder Woman's theme. I can listen to it over and over again. She felt more powerful than ever, and her scenes were so inspiring and empowering.

Cyborg finally got the love he deserved. He finally got his story straight. Ray did such an amazing job in my eyes. And Cyborg is my favorite titan so I was waiting on seeing him again in action plus finally getting the right treatment.

Batman. Oh god, Batfleck is the best thing in the DCEU. I am so sad he retired playing Batman. But so happy to see him wearing the suit again. Also SNYDER GAVE US A WONDERBAT MOMENT and that's all I ever wanted. lol

Superman. The god has risen. All the building up from Man of Steel to BvS to Snyder's Cut - finally paid off. Superman finally became the superhero we all love and treasure.

So, yeah, this movie was so amazing, I saw it as a masterpiece. I am hoping they will restore the Snyderverse and give us JL2 and JL3 that he had plans for.
  7. Controller Devoted Player

There are rumors of t least TWO more Justice League movies. Here is where "I" would go at this point:

In Zach Snyder's Justice League TWO -

They NEED to introduce New Genesis.

[IMG]

There is absolutely NO WAY (IMO) that WB "CANNOT" somehow intertwine Ms. Duvernay's Movie into Zach Snyder's Justice League Two.

Remember - High Father, New Genesis and Darkseid "SUPPOSEDLY" is at war OR in some sort of truce

[IMG]

LOOK - I am against "MOST" Race-Bending in movies but I think we can ALL make an exception with Denzel Washington being High Father, here - at least "I" can.

Introduce a HOT-HEADED Orion -

[IMG]

Whomever plays Orion SHOULD bring out the "Wolverine" in this character in that he is ALWAYS looking for a fight it seems - especially when it comes to Darkseid.

There NEEDS to be SOME MENTION of New Genesis / Apokolips......I did in fact miss this during Zach Snyder's JL movie. In Canon supposedly Apokolips and New Genesis have some sort of "Truce" where they cannot invade Earth

Have NO IDEA why Steppenwolf has been on Earth thus far in this movie and there's been NO MENTION of New Genesis - at least as of YET.

Where there "ANY" New Gods in that FIRST conflict when Darkseid invaded Earth? Why not, lol?

Introduce Lightray, Bug, Black Racer, Mr. Miracle, Big Barda - the WHOLE crew if they can.

Also in Zach Snyder's Justice League Two - introduce The Lanterns PLEASE

[IMG]

At LEAST these two - and if they do a third PLEASE introduce Alan Scott.

Flesh out "Martian Manhunter" in Zach's JL 2, if they can.

As for the ending scene in Star Labs in Zach's JL? They could go SEVERAL ways with that -

Introduce The Atom

[IMG]

Or they could go with THIS character that has some reference to Nano-Tech

[IMG]

Or they COULD go with Red Tornado from that Star Labs scene at the end

[IMG]

My gut says we get AMAZO in Zach's JL Two.

Finally - leave Darkseid's Invasion for Zach's Justice League Three if they can.

And CONTINUE to give Zach PLENTY of leeway with these movies. If JL 2 is 3 1/2 hours then LET IT BE. We've ALL SEEN (FINALLY) what the man can do in FOUR HOURS and TWO MINUTES.
  8. Controller Devoted Player

Bat-Ben was AWESOME - especially at the end.

He is truly a character on EDGE in this movie - especially with that scene with Joker at the end.

That particular team wins (or LOSES) based off of Bat-Ben.

Here's hoping they keep HIM and the rest of the current team for the next few movies.

[IMG]
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Unless WB do a complete u turn, there are no sequels, that's it.

https://screencrush.com/no-justice-league-sequels/
    • Like x 1
  10. Controller Devoted Player

You mean like when they / WB said there is no Snyder Cut?

[IMG]

I've seen these reports already.

We'll sit back for the next year or two and see how it all shakes out.

You should know to not take EVERYTHING you see at face value. Things change too often nowadays.
  11. Controller Devoted Player

One more thing - regarding Proxy's Post:

This is a direct quote from a "Ms. Sarnoff" - I'd guess a DC Exec?

Let's see "Just how Multi-Dimensional" these DC Characters are that they are supposedly developing......

Hint Hint -

[IMG]

Let's see if DC Execs REALLY "Put their money where their mouths are" in regards to "MULTI-DIMENSIONAL DC Characters"...................

See Milestone / DC Comics.

Here in that pic I posted you have a Kryptonian-Level being that is NOT Kryptonian (Icon)...

You have Curtis Metcalf that has some SERIOUS Anger-Management issues in Hardware. He's DC's Tony Stark but with an edge.

You have Static, of course.

And you have perhaps the most interesting of these four in Raquel Ervin / Rocket.

I've even got a thread about my favorite (and ORIGINAL) DC Character in Icon. Swing on by that thread and check it out if you're not busy, Proxy.

Go check out their comics - Icon and Rocket have 42 issues, from 1993 - and are getting NEW comics as well.

Hardware has about 40 issues as well - GREAT reading, too.

Let's see just how "Multi-Dimensional" their future characters REALLY are................

You have your homework, Proxy.
  12. Wildcat Committed Player

I watched the movie few days ago and yes... I love Synderverse ;)
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I'm not doing any homework, if it happens it doesn't bother me, I was just saying WB would have to do a U turn was all, they're welcome to do so, I also think they should, they just always seem so hell bent on rebooting everything every time and that's why they fail to get on par with Marvel's movies.
  14. DCUO Post Loyal Player

You do know the only reason why they gave the green light for the Snyder Cut right? It was solely for the HBO Max streaming service. They used the movement to launch their new streaming service after the merger. Which was a pretty smart marketing move.

Those reports mean nothing, its a lot of hearsay saying WB Execs want to restore the Snyderverse. Until I see those faceless WB Execs go on camera and say they want the Snyderverse restored, all those reports are just fluff to me.

You should know to not take EVERYTHING you see at face value. Things change too often nowadays.
  15. Controller Devoted Player

"IF" this is true regarding no more Justice League movies then I dedicate THIS classic to WB on behalf of my SnyderVerse Brothers and Sisters:

Kalibak - Nope.

Mantis - Nope.

What have WE done to deserve this, lol.
  16. DCUO Post Loyal Player

17. Controller Devoted Player

18. Critical Massacre Committed Player

It was awesome! Definitely need to connect new movies to it and release the Snyder verse. I find it hard to get excited about something like Shazam if it’s not connected to a bigger universe that can build to something greater. I’m always shocked how comic accurate and well thought out Zack Snyder’s movies are.
  19. Controller Devoted Player

RELEASE THE MEGALON-VERSE lol

Godzilla Versus Megalon - the GREATEST Godzilla movie EVER.

Give us the lovable Jet Jaguar, another Giant Cockroach, a Giant Chicken thing and Godzilla.

Give us MORE Godzilla movies - don't review bomb em'.

Stick it WB for the Snyder shade some other way rather than hurting my man Godzilla.
    • Like x 1
  20. Controller Devoted Player