MMO or Fashion Show

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Mar 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

Also im not on this thread to talk about this topic the difficulty is another topic just because paradox had a speedfeat doesnt mean you can compare them one on one. And 15 minutes of high difficulty are still a different story then 11 minutes with less difficulty more adds on fights in between (enemys outside of a bossfight) more walking and longer cutscenes.. count the bossfights only in when you compare them then you will see difference.

This thread can be locked imo everything has been said and read by the devs.
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    At this point y’all going back and fourth for no reason. They made it pretty clear the direction the games going. It’s easier for them to profit with styles and small content releases. The games current business does more for them then focusing on new powersets, updating gameplay, pvp. Long as this continues to work it is what we have going forward and have for awhile. Many of us didn’t want to accept it but it’s time we do and either continue to play or find something else. Been thinking about my future on this game the past few days since Mepps flat out stated the direction and plans.
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

*scratches head*

This is not some awful revelation. We've been pushing them to this for years intentionally. It should have happened years sooner. You're so angry for now reason. This is a good thing. This is what we want. This is also what you want. We want the game monetizing from cosmetic items. Cosmetics and boosts are the industry standard for monetizing because they add value for the player *without affecting gameplay*. We want more of this.

And this is not from someone who just wants more styles. It's from someone who wants the game paid for. As Mepps explained, cosmetic items pay the rent for the whole game. Revenue generated from these items pay for *everything* they put in the game.
    • Like x 9
  5. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

No disrespect but I don’t go Back-and-forth with casuals anymore.
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

None taken. But I was taking time from my day to educate you. A reply from you wasn't solicited, necessary, or desired.

Take all the time you need with that.
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yep! It makes it so there's a game at all!
    • Like x 5
  8. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Trust me you can’t educate me on the game itself, combat raids anything I care to actually focus on. All you can do is keep opening your wallet for more Batman and Wonder Woman styles I would stick to my lane. Not once did I ever mention stop making time capsules, I clearly state “when are the profits from them going to be put into the actual game”. But you keep fishing for likes on this forum filled with more players that care less if they can beat a raid and more if they have a Ronald McDonald outfit. The entire logic here is insane that you can with a straight face say styles pay the game. Why do you think the styles is needed to do that? It’s cause the actual base game is struggling, half baked content, outdated visuals, no powerset for years, content that’s beaten in a day, pvp that is refused to be looked at. The time capsules for a fact are needed cause the game itself is suffering.
    • Like x 2
  9. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Then talking about “Boost” Artifacts ain’t no boost stop sugar coating it, it’s p2w. Again I’m fine with all of this if it’s helping the game I’ve never stated I wanted them to stop producing TC, and other ways to make money the issue is when is that money going to into other areas of the game. While it is a fact time capsules, bundles ect are needed, focus on the game is also needed to keep the players playing cause people I know for years are leaving cause theirs nothing to do that the other side of the player base is interested in.
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

What are people who spend money on max artifacts "winning" that others with low artifacts aren't? I have all my arts maxed through gameplay and the odd nth metal purchase on half price sales, but I could swear I'm getting rewards from the same loot table as the rest of the group regardless of cr, sp, aug, or art level

Other than that, I actually agree with you for the most part. I put in all that work to max these things, basically for nothing lol. Thats why I've skipped buying elite and even regular vendor gear completely since metal 2. When I can get full renown in 2 weeks with elite gear 2 episodes old, something has to give. And now I do it with purple gear and elite accessories from the last episode. Unfortunately what gave was my passion for the game. I've had more fun playing a crappy psn baseball game the past two weeks than I have in the last year and a half of this game
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

the profits are put in to the actual game, without those profits you have no 'actual game'.
    • Like x 5
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Proxy you better then this
  13. Rainnifer Committed Player

I don't think you realize but things like styles and items do in fact help the game. They release content every few months which honestly seems kind of fast to me personally. If they did exactly what you asked for, took the time to do those things, be honest with me, how long do you think until you are suddenly bored again and begging for more "content"? In that time it took you to become bored again would you have paid very much extra money? Maybe you'd switch your power to the new one if they made one, that's what...10$? How long would it have taken them to make this new power, and the resources it will take, and the time to balance and maintain it along with all of the other existing powers? Do you see what I'm trying to convey, all we know right now is that styles generate much more revenue for the cost and time it takes to make them, than these other things you beg for. The things you want would be nice to have sure, but the lack of them is not why they're using styles as a way for good revenue.

It's very possible that this current trend of episodic content is what cuts into their ability to make those other requests you beg for. You don't know how much goes into making these episodes, and you're taking them for granted. This content is indeed "focused on the game." If they were to stop that to make a new powerset or something there would be even more outcries.

Besides, I've seen many who look forward to new content solely for the new styles it will come with. Just saying. Styles are a big part of this game too.
    • Like x 2
  14. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Are you reading at all what I’m writing. Once again I will state that I clearly see how much the time capsules help with income. I’ve mentioned it literally twenty times.. And begged you mean make request actually work on the game? The bugs the broken environmental issues.. I don’t beg the content we currently have or take it for granted what I you take for granted about a 10min raid and 10 min alert that is extended by long cut screens. This may be the most clown comment I have read all day.
  15. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    This is such a profoundly stupid comment I had to log in to tell you so, considering how many of there have been over the last week or so that’s quiet an achievement! You’re telling me that the player base has been pushing for devs not to work on new powers or pvp or any actual big picture stuff, that players have been directly asking them to just coast? Make money of styles to keep afloat and that’s it? I cannot think of such an absurdly stupid comment about this game, truly.

As people often say, heck as you have said yourself at some point this week no doubt, speak for yourself, don’t try act like your a mouth piece for other players.

Edit: I’m not even 100 for what the other guy said or his general stance. But that response deserves to be trashed, bad arguments should never be allowed no matter what side of the conversation you are on.
    • Like x 1
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

They lack all logic here, they saving Grace is the amount of players that don’t do video game forums. I legit got called a beggar for requesting some of the funds go to working on the base game, weapons balancing, pvp. They legit don’t care about the rest of the game.
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

When people on forums start ranting that "they" -- meaning everyone else on the forums -- are all wrong-headed stupid poopyfaces just too stupid to see the brilliant correctness of the OP, who is the One Player Brave Enough And Smart Enough To Speak Truth, you know they're obviously the One True Correct Commenter who should be believed in all things.

It's the very fact that everyone else on the forums has joined together in a conspiracy-of-teh-stoopid to deny the corrections of the OP's points that proves that the OP is, indeed, the One True Correct Commenter.

I applaud MyDpsIsBetter, whose very choice of name makes clear their life priorities and what they think will most impress other people, for their bravery in proclaiming their own superior intelligence.

I mean, some people might think that taking such an attitude would make them look like an idiot with misplaced priorities and an inflated eog, but a truly courageous forum member will never have a moment of such fear or self-awareness or doubt. Kudos!

Yes, you are more or less the only player whose opinions are worth posting. Who could doubt it?

Oh, that reminds me, I need to PayPal my dues as a member of They in good standing for this month. Thanks for the memory jog! We at They aren't very bright, after all.
    • Like x 2
  18. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Didn’t read much of what you was talking about until you start speaking on fixing the game, then your post not worth reading to me.
  19. Toshknight Loyal Player

Style collecting is a HUGE part of the game, specially a superhero game of DC, there is nothing wrong with it, and most good mmos have tons of style options, dating back to SWG, 2003, by even having a profession dedicated to it, and being able to open up a shop decorate it, and have your own personalized vendor inside with clothes you have crafted to sell. SOE/Daybreak, is a developer not new to the style options.

this game is actually utilizing alot of what the publishers past really good mmos started like ever quest, eq2's housing system, the instanced housing, not like the Free roaming swg style house planting and decorating but it's made that system near perfect, and the style clothing/armor crafting and buying all those games in the past, and it has made a unique take on style, which is very customizable, it's freakin awesome to be able to make any one you want pretty much, if it gets in the way of content , it has never gotten in the way of any combat content at all, its just a cherry ontop. i honestly can't think of any time in this game, that they worried about style more then The Actual combat content, is it because they showcased the new capsule that holds a style people have wanted for 7 years, ? there is some hard content right now for combat,.

i get it, some people like to just have a character look how ever it turns out, but there are people like me that like to make Super heroes and villains, look like actual green lanterns, batman, speedsters from the flash universe, and TONS of other options, you will not convince most people other wise,
    • Like x 3
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

We do.
    an mmo that has lasted 3 console generations as well as being on pc with same server play now. is not a small feat, there doing something right.

we can and we do have both and i don't see it stopping cause a post like this, is just one person that hasn't played alot of mmos, or quit really fast cause of boredom if they did. that incorporate style along with having good running content, i would say SOE/Daybreak has done a pretty good job with working with a existing IP, they have with all there existing IP games, like star wars, matrix.

DC is very strict and this game has pleased WB and AT and T want the fans to have everything as long as they are making money. but hero creation is a HUGE part of a game like this, and generic looking Hoodie with basketball shorts hero, is fine for players that straight up love the combat and that is it, we have both. the reason style is such a big thing atm is because they are JUST recently allowed to give us items they would have put in the game years ago, due to copyright and all that fun stuff stopping them from using a simple flash emblem, now that we can get pretty much anything, they are taking advantage of it. why wouldn't they.

while doing all the other stuff they do, and yes this game has bugs, ALL of SOE daybreaks, mmos, have had TONS of running bugs but, the fun of the game makes you overlook it, and wait for a fix.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.