Test Discussion Damage Supercharge Balance - Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Feb 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.W Committed Player

Something I would love to experiment with is for blizzard, baleful, Whirlpool, & megavolt to all do a mild burst attack at the end to bring them a bit closer to cursed idol, ballistic assault, & mounted turret.

It would also nice to try abilities like polymorph & life drain as 10k channeled powers.
  2. Mr.W Committed Player

A solution for the 10k channel powers that i feel is practical & agreeable is, if a player is interrupted after spending that much sc it should be a large burst that occurs for the total value of what the channel would have been. Example if freeze ray does 100k but im interrupted at 60k, a burst should occur that awards me 40k.

Something im curious & debating on is if a 1 shot mechanic happens while we are locked in these animations should we be given a grace of 1% health & maybe 25% gear damage each time that happens until the gear is too low to protect you anymore?
    • Like x 1
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Yes, absolutely... and that's the point of it all. You can't proceed to test whether or not they are balanced until you set a baseline expectation of performance. That baseline has to be done while "naked." From there you can see how different things impact it... one item at a time, then in concert with others. The "Supercharged XXX" head mods and Extended Supercharge (chest) will permit you to fire off things a little faster, as will Scrap of the Soul Cloak at the different milestones, while something like Penetrating Strikes or Core Strength will allow it to hit harder but not fire off quite as frequently.

I would expect performance imbalances based on the choices made by players regarding artifacts and tactical mods (which also desperately need to be fixed). However, by choosing one artifact or tactical mod you sacrifice things elsewhere. Go with Extended Supercharge and you can fire off supercharges at a faster rate... but you lose the ability to ignore a percentage of the enemy's defenses (Penetrating Strikes) or a buff of your Might/Precision/Weaponization Rating (Core Strength) so your non-SC damage will be reduced. Prefer a 200 Scrap? OK, you get to fire your supercharges a lot quicker and you get to use Penetrating Strikes or Core Strength, but that's an artifact slot taken up that could be holding Transformation Card, Strategist Card, Solar Amplifier, Grimorium Verum, or Quislet (just to name a few popular ones with DPS types), and by doing that you lose out on some other benefits (pet damage, bigger boost to might, etc), but will be able to regenerate your SC faster and fire it off a little more frequently... so in a short fight you'll be SOL, but in a long one you'll shine a lot more.
  4. AccOp Well-Known Player

So this is a supercharge balance pass correct? Then how come almost every 100% supercharge cannot be interrupted but biggun can and when interrupted it goes on cooldown for 60 seconds like it was fired off? No consistency here when compared to the other 100% supers. Take oblivion for example. You can be CC'd and flung backwards and oblivion still fires. No interruption. Volcanic Calamity for fire is also this way. Carnivorous plants for nature behaves the same as these 2. In fact i can't recall another 100% supercharge that can be interrupted, doesn't fire when interrupted, and still goes on cooldown. Considering this is a SC balance pass and the base damage of every SC is being made the same depending whether 25, 50, or 100% then Biggun NEEDS to be changed so it behaves the same as the other 100% supercharges. The cooldown penalty when interrupted is nonsensical.
  5. Mr.W Committed Player

Freeze ray works like that. & I feel if you're interrupted it should be a burst that triggers which will give you the value of damage you're supposed to have.
  6. Sopissedoff New Player

This solution should be implemented but instead for all channeled powers and supercharges.
  7. LavaSpitter_json Level 30

Devs please fix lex luthors ariel strike in survival mode. When u roll u get stuck in place sometimes
  8. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Why are you trying to make all super charges the exact same? A high risk channel that has potential to do large St but can be interrupted is a pretty good trade off and idea.
  9. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Same of you really should rethink your ideas on how super charges work cause at this rate they all should function the same exact way and do the same exact damage. OC was right you can't have a game and all have every powerset the same. Some SC should have diff uses at diff times that make it better then the next in a situation.
    • Like x 3
  10. King Smoker Well-Known Player

been saying this for years the only way to have all powers do the exact same damage is by having all power look and do the exact same thing but have them be different colors. since that is not an option people just need to face the fact that some superpowers/ supercharges have specific uses. if they want to keep everything "balanced" make it so that every supercharge does the exact same thing one boosts prec or might by 100% of the user stats or does burst damage bases on stats ex: 500k on single, 250k on two etcs.
    • Like x 1
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

You can make all SC have the same damage and put a new body on it. Car companies do it all the time. No one notice the difference. The core is exactly the same, they just put different frames on it. Some companies don't even change the name of the core. Chrysler and Dodge both use Hemi's. GM mid-level cars use to all have the same engine. Players use that unique argument when their power unique playstyle is op
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Boyy whats been up bro long time no see, thought you had you wasn't playing atm. Crappy, Keeb all them boys been on xiv.
    • Like x 1
  13. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I'm currently ice a few days ago nature before that water. I do pretty elite with them all for not being the meta. The point is each Sc should be different and adds different playstyles like the change they doing to the nature Sc Rampage I actually love the idea of a Sc that boost the dots for a shot time that idea sounds amazing for boss fights. Like do people honestly all want the same exact power with a different skin? How Bezerk works is unique, bring other super charges up to par without killing off a SC. Have some with high risk high reward timing, Cele Cursed idol if used properly does massive damage but if used wrong doesn't stuff like that is what I like. Right now Sc are indeed not balanced but some people get in their own way like trying to force a Sc like Grand summoning to be good that Sc no matter how much the base damage is improved is flawed at it's core.
  14. Mr.W Committed Player

Its not about making every supercharge "exactly" the same its about placing them in the correct category of channeled, buff, projectile ect. Yes each category will have its own strengths & weaknesses. But the damage & drawbacks, & potential grace periods of those categories will vary while still being in the correct range of each other. The solution for channeled supercharges have not been solved. Having it act as vindictive does if interrupted like some mentioned is plausible but addition coding that can actually mess up how vindictive behaves (not needing to click the button to cut it off or it can't cut off) & even if a player retained sc in this way their high risk ability will in most cases always be weaker because they aren't getting the full value of damage & wasting time when they could've done their rotation instead. It is my opinion that some will agree with to have the remainder of the damage given to the player if this occurs with my above listed drawbacks as well.
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

Nobody wants everything exactly the same lol. Over the years though b/c of complaints many things have been forced into to same range ect & ESPECIALLY at revamp. Every melee attack was put in a damage category with different ones for mid range & long range. & if OC was truly opposed to this idea he would've spoken up about it during revamps creation or made a video about VERY early on after revamps creation.

The entire game has been built around categorizing various abilities & working their damage from there. Everything would have to be reworked again if we want deviate from the categorization of things again.

I mentioned making polymorph & life drain 10k channeled abilities because both shoot a single target beam at range for a duration of time. By pure definition these should be considered & categorized as channeled supercharges.
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

You mentioning them saying make them channels as if you want to work exactly as Deep Freeze is going to... Seems like that's exactly what you want to do and just have the same sc with different skins. Find another way for them SC to be unique, it says it right in the change they wanted to give Ice dps who lack n pretty much everything to have something special a high damage ST SC lets not move away from that.
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

I would like some of the proposed fail safes for channeled supercharges to be the same yes, b/c that is a category improvement, but the core functions of individual abilities can still vary.

An example can be for freeze ray to place an infectious dot on enemies after the channel is complete or allow 5 big burst at the end of the channel duration.

We as players can be creative & spice up the ideas for changes we want the devs to modify.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mr.W Committed Player

I also think it should be a lot stronger. Yes i know its single target but if ice's multitarget SC is trailing so far (which is why I suggested a burst or something at the end of blizzard & others) then its single target should be comparable to earthquake, chaotic growth, etc to help make up the difference.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.