The hidden feat: Back From the Hack 2011

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Skizo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I'm going to play devil's advocate here because it seems to me like nobody is thinking this through. If a feat is hidden and doesn't show in the feat progress or total feats counter where is the potential for perfection? If a player doesn't switch movement modes for the st. Patrick's day races then there is still perfection because the feats remain completed and the others remain hidden.
    • Like x 5
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This ridiculous thread exists in 2021. You and I and several others are commenting on said ridiculous thread. How do you NOT know that 0.5 is so precious to some???
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Umm....10 years...*ahem* let me try this one more time... 10 Years!!! With so many other real problems affecting this game you really believe a half-skill point rewarded to loyal players for sticking around even after a disaster is what's going to end this game???? After 10 whole years??? Cyclonic....welcome to the "Failed Prognosticators Club", where people have been hilariously failing to predict the end of this game. You're part of a "prestigious" club of losers.
    • Like x 7
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And if they already quit, their input doesn't matter.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 9
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You're 10 years too late to argue that. The deed was done 10 years ago, it's over. If this was going to have any actual negative effect on the game it would have presented itself at any point in the proceeding 9 years. The fact that it has had no noticeable effect is all the proof you need to stop arguing this pointless thought process.
    • Like x 7
  6. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Wouldn't expect compensation for something I didn't suffer.

The Superman emblem on the other hand... ^_^
    • Like x 5
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That one is because of the deal they had to strike a deal with WB/DC in order to make that available to us at all at the time. It is what it is.
    • Like x 1
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea no! we suffered through it so got.. ever hear the jagger song you can't always get what you want. well it applies here
    • Like x 4
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah... what? By that logic, we should just give everyone everything ever out of paranoia and hoard their money like Smog.... even though that would make it so there's basically no game left.... which would kill the game itself.....
    • Like x 1
  10. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

His comment was so absurd that gif summed up perfect how
    I felt.
    • Like x 3
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, another great one is:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

lol im dead.
    • Like x 2
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

So you agree that people pining for lack of the feat have no point whatever? Good to know!
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Keep on making utterly logical and completely non-fantastical, one-hundred-percent plausible, "arguments" like this. You're helping yourself no end.

[IMG]

Somehow, we'll have to bear up through our contemporary era of more players than ever, where the game is booming and more commercially successful than ever, but during which we must live in dread of the inevitable shutdown sure to happen any decade now.

Thank you for your deeply sincere concern for us. I fear the shutdown might take place as soon as only ten or twenty years from now. Your warning should be taken with all the seriousness it deserves.
    • Like x 2
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Story time. :D

Star Wars Galaxies initially had a system where players had to unlock Jedi as opposed to having it available in character creation. There were a couple of versions of the process, but both were time-intensive and involved a lot of grinding. So when the NGE changes hit and turned Jedi into a starter profession (basically rendering all the many hours and months players invested in unlocking their Jedi moot and pointless) the devs there put out a peace offering of sorts as both an apology AND a thank-you for the dedication shown by those Jedi players. Anyone who had unlocked Jedi before a certain date would be given special Jedi robes and the choice of one of two new lightsaber crystals, both of which would be exclusive to those Jedi players (who came to be known as Elder Jedi).

Post-NGE Jedi players were not happy about that. Never mind that they didn't put in anywhere near the time and effort to get Jedi that the Elder Jedi players put in, never mind the devs there said repeatedly that those gifts would STAY exclusive, never mind that the post-NGE didn't have their profession pulled out from under them. Those post-NGE Jedi kept pitching a fit about it, talking about how unfair it was that they couldn't have the Elder Jedi rewards. And it never really stopped.

The NGE happened in late 2005, and from that point until the game's shutdown in late 2011 those gifts STAYED exclusive to the Elder Jedi players. And no, before anyone even tries to go there, the game wasn't shut down because of lack of funds because some cranky post-NGE Jedi quit because they couldn't get the shiny stuff they wanted. :rolleyes:

So six years or so of asking/begging/whining for some gifts they didn't qualify for amounted to diddly-squat. This year will mark 10 years since the Hack. Seeing as how we've passed SWG's "what's exclusive stays exclusive" mark (and then some) and the detail that the devs haven't budged on the issue at all, would you care to hazard a guess as to how well THIS particular attempt at getting that feat is going to go?
    • Like x 2
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You seem to be neglecting the part where I said I don't actually care anymore. I haven't in years. I merely saw an opportunity to help explain WHY seriously invested perfectionists place so much value on it in the hopes of mutual understanding. Obviously it didn't work and I wasted my time. I'm ok with that. It's not very interesting to debate with people who resort to condescension and other unsavory tactics in the hopes of winning arguements anyway. It's just so petty that I can't be bothered.
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I appreciate the story, but I don't understand why everyone is so fixated on this simple comment. All it meant was that more funds equals more effort spent on the game amd by extent time that it stays alive. The people that care about this feat are first class passengers on this train. They want a cookie that allows them to have the same potential as everyone that came before them. Give them their 15 vitalization in damage role to motivate them to make their obsessively perfect character and contribute to all of our entertainment for as long as possible.
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, your repeated posts in this thread certainly demonstrate your lack of caring.

Keep digging!

Except that you keep bothering.

We can believe your words, or your utterly contradictory actual behavior. Which choice makes the most sense for us spectators?

The only way you can demonstrate you "can't be bothered" is to, you know, stop bothering.
    • Like x 3
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I want a million dollars. It turns out that "wanting" is not an argument as to why someone should be given something.

If they're not motivated to play, I really couldn't care less if they stick around. The game has plenty of players, and won't die for lack of a handful of insane people with OCD issues.

"Give them the thing" is also very much not an argument. Have you ever heard of logic?

Do you have any idea what "exclusive" means?
    • Like x 3
  20. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Question. Do you wake up like this or is it accumulated throughout the day from workplace harrassment or domestic abuse?

I meant that I don't care about the silly feat.

I'm also not going to bother arguing with you.

Also... your signature is really long and kind of in the way. Figured I'd let you know.