Insulting because my artefacts are low level...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

This is what you can "suffer" when you try to practice SM with a good part of the DC community, I try to mount my artifacts as much as possible, but when you lose everything you have collected (sometimes spending a lot of time to do so) to pass the level after several attempts to fortify, how do you want to be operational when this kind of event happens? If it wasn't for the colossal loss of items for UP artifacts, I'd already be more operational than I am now, of course, me and the other players in the same case.

Daybreak is dividing the community with this system, as well as making players disrespectful, under the pretext that our artifacts are not up to standard, while we do our best to be up to date!

I also note that I have already proposed to Daybreak to relax this discriminating system with several ideas for relaxing this system here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...tem-to-fortify-relics-or-augmentation.312897/ with this topic, unless Daybreak wishes to see its community go in this direction?
    • Like x 5
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The only ones dividing the community is the community. Stop trying to blame others for your own financial shortcomings. You choose not to buy seals, own up to your choices.
    • Like x 7
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

We shouldn't have to buy seals in the first place. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 26
  4. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

I know you’re obsessed with the game and blindly loyal to the point that you can see no faults, but OP is hardly in the minority with his opinion.
    • Like x 13
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

To be fair, not everyone can afford to buy a lot of the seals. This is where it would be nice if the Seals of Preservation would have random rare drop chances... similar to how you could get Enhanced(?) Recovery Kits back when we had gear mods instead of augments.

EDIT: Perhaps create a third kind of seal that also has a random drop that can improve your breakthrough chances a bit. Let this seal increase you to a 40-50% breakthrough chance (example) and act as a Seal of Preservation as well. The drop rate would be very rare, but it would be something that could be traded, bought/sold in the broker, etc.

2nd EDIT: Or perhaps give us the ability to expend a second (or more?) Seal of Preservation in order to gain an increased percentage chance of breakthrough, if you don't want to create a third type of seal. In either case Seals of Preservation should become random, rare drops like those Recovery Kits.
    • Like x 6
  6. Berza Committed Player

Both types of seals are rare drops from Kryptonian Time Capsule. You can easily get them from the broker, and you can open a dozen monthly for free.
    • Like x 2
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

At some point the supply of those will disappear and they will also phase out from the resurgence capsules. So are you proposing they also be added to the Second Chance Vendor at some point?
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No one's forcing you to buy seals but your own personal insecurities.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes I'm so obsessed I cut my own sub off last month...

I'm completely aware that the joint majority of complaints are from players of tight incomes. What kills me is that these players feel so entitled to point fingers and place blame for their own financial situation at a business that is just trying to sell a product.
    If you can't afford to eat top brand foods, don't get mad at the grocery store that's selling the top brand foods.
    • Like x 2
  10. Berza Committed Player

Well, of course they should be on the quark vendor, but I am afraid of the prices. But they could, and should, introduce seals as rare drop in a future capsule.
    • Like x 2
  11. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I don't really agree with you on this point, what divides a community, most of the time, is first of all according to some point of the game, if it's point its poorly studied, it can easily carry over to the behaviour of the community, that's first of all how it starts and then the community becomes what it is.

"Other possible ideas, why not think of a seal that makes fortification failure immune only for subscribed players?

When the player is subscribed the seal is unbreakable and makes us immune to any fortification failure, but if the player decides to stop his subscription, the seal would be this time, sensitive to breakage, I think it would be a good way to reward the subscribed players and of course, if the player who decided to stop his subscription and decided to renew it, he will have to get this unbreakable seal, because forgive me for saying it, but for a subscribed player the current system of artifact and seal, it's a real scam! !!

This would be a good and deserving reward for DC Universe Online subscriber players!"

In some games a subscription detail is the motivating factor to switch to/remain in a subscription, for example, in elder scrolls online, the strong point of the subscription is its "unlimited stock crafting bag", so on DCUO, that could be the strong point of the subscription, a "seal of immunity" for the subscribers
    • Like x 3
  12. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Using your same logic, if i get ran over by a car, shouldn't I complain about the poorly maintained road that was in terrible condition?
    Again, using your logic, if the grocery store is charging me for something that should be free, shouldn't I complain?

What u did there is no argument is a falacy, trying end a discussion whiteout even sharing your point of view, is pretty down right lame.
    Do you agree a company that makes games should give to their players an uncatchable edge if you pay money for it or instead should promote players for being highly skilled?

Do you agree with the amount of failed attempts that it's required in order to level up an artifacts to 180/200 being respectily 5% and 3%?

I'm glad to hear your personal opinion, hopefully u can do some charity and offer some help to the tight income players.
    • Like x 5
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No because a grocery store is a business, not a food bank which is a charity. DCUO is a business, not a charity. You're not entitled to a continual handout whenever you can't afford the bill. That's not how life works.
    • Like x 2
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

While you're not wrong, that's a different argument all together. The fact still remains that the smart thing to do is to buy seals of completion in order to protect your high investments. Anything short of that is a self-inflicted wound. That's our reality right now.
    • Like x 3
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Assuming that the player is not spending any money on XP or Catalysts directly but are paying members, they can use their monthly rewards to buy seals of completion. Of course, the counter-argument will be "what if they want to buy something else". Well, seeing as how there's not that much of value on the marketplace and Double XP weekends/weeks don't come by that often, you're left with plenty of opportunities to buy Seals from the loyalty vendor (or Marketplace if you're a PC player).

None of that negates the fact that at least Seals of Preservation should be available in-game even in a limited capacity. However, pretending that players have ZERO way of attaining Seals without coming out of pocket in a hard way is rather disingenuous to say the least.

Btw, your suggestions would only create the illusion of things being better. As long as a chance of failure exists, failure will occur and players will still be making posts complaining about it. Just sayin'...
    • Like x 4
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Its funny when people havent managed to get a single artifact to 200 without spending and i know tons of people that have 3 at 200 that didnt spend a dollar.
    • Like x 1
  17. ALB Dedicated Player

It's always someone who says this stuff. Explain how that person got 3 200 artifacts without buying seal?
    • Like x 2
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

Most people who come back leave again because of artifacts. It's definitely a huge problem
    • Like x 4
  19. zNot Loyal Player

With loyalty points that you get each month ( artifacts have been out for like 3 years) and you can get around 10k xp per day and we get plenty of double xp events... you need to know more? They also gave alot of xp to us
    • Like x 2
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I spent 400 dollars on the game in the last 3 weeks alone; at least half of it on Arts. 8 alts is a lot of mouths to feed. Not broke by any means. And - this may shock you, unless you've seen me post on the subject at literally any other point -

I agree with the OP.

The system is a little too greedy. If I wanna spend an insane amount of money chasing Style items, that's between me and my bank account. Meaningful in-game progression SHOULD NOT BE BEHIND A (second) PAYWALL. I don't even have the pay to win argument with people any more because I'm an adult and it's my money, but also because "no **** Sherlock the game is pay to win". Long-term sustainability is going to require stepping back from that precipice, because the amount of people willing to sink four digits into a video game is few and far between - I'd be gone already if there wasn't a pandemic right now, even though I adore the game, simply because it's too bloody expensive, and there are too many people praising the financial gatekeeping instead of criticizing it.

I laid my money down. Now I'm complaining.
    • Like x 1