Test Discussion Combat Trinket Pets and Turrets

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Your question was completely irrelevant which is why I didn't answer it, I don't think anyone deserved anything from Season 1 because of numerous issues including lunge spam, I made that plainly clear in my videos on the topic and its the reason why this SM coming up is nearly identical to the previous SM minus all the previous issues.

For my tests which i've already shown every single combat pet saw at least a 10% increase on aoe damage, some obviously much larger to the tune of 30-40% to bring them in line with the Bat family trinkets. Single target the turret pets saw a 10% increase the other trinkets saw a decrease, without looking at my video I think it was around 20%. Single target values changed because all the hit counts were adjusted across all the combat pets to be more in line with eachother so there wasn't as big a fluctuation, which was achieved. Once again like I said before since the combat pets are doing 500K dmg aoe and 350k ST if we increased ST it would in turn increase AOE which then with the upcoming changes I mentioned will have the combat pets sitting upwards of 800K which then all npc health in new raids will have to be increased to account for the pet damage available to all players and then that forces all players to use a pet where they don't have to know to mitigate the increased health "big picture" :rolleyes:

Why would I need to test combat pets with shard? That isn't a variable that needs to be considered at all, because like the developer and everyone else has told you shard has NOTHING to do with this update besides the side effects of the normalization of the attack animation's and hit counts. Do you know what I consider a source shard variable and something that I do test with the source shard? that would be Quislet because that is a artifact that is also a pet, imagine that source shard artifact being tested and balanced against another artifact.
    • Like x 2
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Hey man. Not to derail your comment, I'm at work rn and havent had a chance to look at your video in the combat pet changes. Can you do a quick reply and let me know which pet is best for ST and AoE now? Or are they all the same now? Which ones are you going to run ST/AoE wise?
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

They are all the same, there is a less than 2% gap between AOE I think it was like 1.12% and single target I forget the percentage but it was only a 6000 total damage difference between all the pet trinkets. So with so little of a margin there really is no BiS, they all have the beam so they have the potential for damage penetration. If anything the turrets may see alot more use with dealing near 500k dmg in 10s as apposed to the combat pets dealing the damage over 60s
    • Like x 1
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

What changes are you talking about? Do you have information that in the new DLC the formula for the influence of CR on the damage of pets will change? Or do you have information that the formula for increasing the CR will be radically changed in the new DLC? If you do not have such information, then what is the point of your ranting? For many years we have had the same formula for pets damage versus CR. Each DLC pet damage is increased by this formula. Changes in this thread do not affect the formula itself. Don't mislead people or voice the changes.
    Specific numbers associated with the Tiers system are not announced here, when they will be announced then we will talk about their impact.

The fact that this topic is not intended to balance the Shard does not mean that the changes do not affect anything related to the Shard. I realized a long time ago that the public on this topic is not interested in balancing the impact of changes on anything. As I have said more than once, I just announced the test results, and highlighted the places that the changes affect. Whether developers want to pay attention to them now, or create a separate topic, or decide not to pay attention to them at all, this is the business of the developers themselves. I conducted tests and voiced them, voiced my conclusions, and considerations (if you had carefully read my posts, you would have noticed that, in general, I consider the changes to be positive, including the synergy with the Shard), my part of the "work" I did it.

You are using the wrong wording. If you increase the damage on a single target (specifically, an attack on a single target), then the total damage will certainly increase, but specifically AOE damage is not.
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

All the hyperbole is unnecessary in any language. It's simple:
    • Would Combat Pet Damage Increase with a +/- 10CR Jump [YES] - [NO] ?
    • Would Increasing the ST Damage a Combat Pet does increase the overall damage done on AOE [YES] - [NO]?
    • If any Tier 1 or 2 was announced would it have an increase over the base damage and or Tier 3 [YES] - [NO]?
    I thought so.....
    I wish you all the best in your future testing endeavors.
    • Like x 1
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Taking into account the context of this topic in general and our conversation in particular, the wording of your questions is not correct. Formulate them correctly and perhaps I will answer them (perhaps, since you still have not deigned to answer the question about "%" from the previous topic).
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

8. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

You been answered a hundred times go peddle that source shard buff some where else. Imagine their being a SC and Trinket Balance happening and a person selfishly using it to try and benefit their style of play.
    • Like x 1
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Going to meet in the middle here and see how testing goes. Increasing ST attack by 10 percent. Decreasing AoE attack by 15 percent but it still does full damage to all targets it hits, instead of splitting the damage.

Expect some Quislet tweaks too.
    • Like x 4
  10. TheEnquirer Active Player

Since we're talking about Quislet, don't be shy and have a look at it's AOE. The damage has been reduced, but if adds even move slightly away from each other, Quislet, Fury, etc, will not hit. Honestly I wish there was like an explosion effect when they use their special abilities to increase the range in which they hit. Oftentimes trying to sync your special pet abilities on the most amount of adds is up to chance if they all get hit or not. And before anyone says "well the tank should be pulling all the adds together," I'm talking about situations like the eyes on Trigon fight and such cases like that where adds slowly follow the tank and end up pretty spread out with no way of regrouping them short of the tank standing still and face-tanking (which nobody recommends, at first anyway).
    • Like x 1
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Results since last change.

Single target.

Dark Construct Bat (live server 328 CR): average-393066,min-361355,max-434021.

Average (old test server changes(328 CR)): 346490.

Dark Construct Bat (test server new (328 CR)):average:368526,min-357607, max-378027.
    Shadow Bat(Test server new (328 CR)): average:363591,min-357724,max-365524.
    Vampire Bat (test server new (328 CR)) : average:372726,min-357710,max-379167.
    Paradox Gazer (test server new (328 CR)): average:367365,min-363902,max-371796.
    Brainiac Drone Pet (test server new (328 CR)): average :367455,min-364430,max-371949.
    Mother Box (test server new (328 CR)) : average: 367010,min-364950,max-369966.
    Father Box (test server new (328 CR)): average : 358320,min-357400,max-358654.
    Atlaenten Seahorse (test new (328 CR)): average 365356,min-356864,max-378714.

Average (new test server changes (328 CR)): 366294.

3 Targets.

Dark Construct Bat (live server 328 CR): average-472482,min-426684,max-510609.

Average (old test server changes(328 CR)): 549370.

Dark Construct Bat (test server new (328 CR)):average:546290,min-541815, max-555339.
    Shadow Bat(Test server new (328 CR)): average:548897,min-541732,max-562336.
    Vampire Bat (test server new (328 CR)) : average:549604,min-546910,max-558635.
    Paradox Gazer (test server new (328 CR)): average:544453,min-540494,max-555240.
    Brainiac Drone Pet (test server new (328 CR)): average :552595,min-542468,max-562363.
    Mother Box (test server new (328 CR)) : average: 546532,min-536261,max-556000.
    Father Box (test server new (328 CR)): average : 543202,min-540481,max-549010.
    Atlaenten Seahorse (test new (328 CR)): average 547510,min-541566,max-549933.

Average (new test server changes (328 CR)): 547385.
    • Like x 1
  12. Clothez Active Player

A little off topic here and i'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but what are your thoughts on making the source shard ability "Godwave" give power to fury. I think in all honesty it's a fair buff to the pretty weak artifact. Having to use three slots in a loadout that takes forever to cycle through because it's not clippable, with those three abilties, first of all leaves no room for a supercharge and secondly already doesnt put out enough damage as it is. I would like to hear your thoughts!
    • Like x 1
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

It is a little inconvenient when there is no one to discuss the changes with, but it seems to me that the new changes are better than the previous ones, I think that focusing on a single target is more useful for everyone. Despite the reduced damage to the AOE attack, it is still stronger (due to the fact that the damage not split, it is much stronger) than on a live server, but the increased damage on a single target is almost the same on a live server. I think it's not worth changing anything anymore. Well, that's just my opinion.
    But I have another question, will these changes be on the live server (as well as changes for Quislet) along with the release of SM (before?, After?, After the end?)?
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

The changes will go up when SM goes up.
    • Like x 1
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

Interesting idea - at this time we're done with adding new things at the moment as we wrap up SM and the next episode but we'll see what the summer brings.
    • Like x 3
  16. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello, even though I don't use that with my current setup, I think that's a good idea for the pet power users considering the 3 slots it can take up when using that artifact.

If you do go that route instead of instant power back, which their pet power ability already provides please consider making it a increased power over time for 6-12 seconds depending on its potency for the pet. This way the pet will be able to use their aoe move a little move often within god waves 18sec cd unless it resets, which then will refresh its pot again.

This will allow players to choose without making their normal 6sec cd power ability useless. They can use both or one or the other depending on their setup. Their 6sec power ability will give them the burst power allowing their pet to do its current special burst aoe hits more often/on command as it does now. Similar to a troll who can provide a pot and instant power but for their pet instead. Other pet users/robotsidekick users will only be able to get the pot offered from god wave if its added as there is no burst power/special ability attack for it.

Thank you Charon for all of your work in making changes/adjustments to bring things more in line for each different play style. It is very much appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  17. Clothez Active Player

Awesome, thanks for the response! It's much appreciated to know you guys are open to the idea!:D
    I think that it should do what the offering ability does, and just replace it altogether. It would make room for much better loadout options without being forced to use offering and godwave together!
  18. Brav Well-Known Player

Yes, it would in a way. Just overtime as you should keep in mind that god wave has a 18sec cd and though it can reset at times, if it only gave the burst your pet will be empty for quite a bit until gw comes off cool down again. Plus having two options keeps the main power still viable for the build if anyone wanted to get a little more out of their pet.

It was just a suggestion which I think makes a little more sense but either way it would be up to the developers on how to approach it, if any changes were made to it at all.
  19. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I second that as it would literally make that a competitive artifact and give Flexibility to the power
  20. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Waiting to get off in the morning and get some testing done on Quislet. Any Others have some insight on how it’s performing currently?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.