No Warning Or Announcement on Valentine's Event Ending :(

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Mar 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Isn't there usually a countdown and/ or a tweet or mention on social media? I didn't see anything and just noticed the event is gone. I'm bummed that I missed finishing a feat...
  2. PolarisSylar Committed Player

3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the actual date was always set as the 3rd (or reset on the 4th) after they corrected the original '2 week' announcement. I also noticed no countdown on the 'warp to' or system message saying 'event ends tonight'...or tweet or whatever. I was already done with the feats a while ago, but only spent part of my hearts overage I built up. I planned to(movie theater items always sell well), but nodded off and only woke up post reboot so I guess I'll be all set for next year.

As the date was posted in announcements for a while, they did 'announce' it technically....However, it would be nice to have had the warp countdown or system message for those who do NOT come to the forums especially when the anniversary event was extended and V-Day's end DID change from the original announced date once already.
    • Like x 3
  5. Stellus New Player

I really wish they'd leave a vendor available all year and just remove the ability to farm coins. I had myself convinced the end date was next week and as I hadn't seen any countdown was waiting until next week to spend my hoards of coins. Finished all the feats but there were a few extra decorations I'd been planning to pick up. Not the end of the world but a bummer none the less.
    • Like x 8
  6. BrianaLaPantera New Player

Yes, I too was waiting a countdown from the warp menu. I agree, it would be nice to have the seasonal vendor up throughout the year or put the countdown on the warp menu. Huge bummer. Bring the vendor back.
    • Like x 2
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

You know what's funny? Valentine collections are still dropping. It's almost as if wires are crossed on when this was actually meant to be shut down.

Devs, could we please have the seasonal vendor back through the week? It's uncharacteristic of you guys to not trumpet the end of an event. It would be a huge help to those of us who missed out.

Thanks for your consideration :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Jaelia Committed Player

Literal Heart Break :(
    • Like x 1
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The problem was that we still had the Anniversary event up, I don't think we've ever had overlapping events with one of them being extended past its original countdown.

What surprises me was with all of the threads about "when is this event starting/when is that event ending" no one ever posted one about the Valentine's event after they corrected its end date.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'm not sure why but I thought it ended next week or on the 14th or whatever? Probably got it confused for the 4th. Oh well I've got extra currency going for next year and tbh I was getting tired of Freeze cinco tapping me to death with his ice rifle. Most annoying Seasonal boss probably. And that's counting Anti-Monitor and Klarion.
    • Like x 1
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea no, thats not good enough.....
    The forum represents only a tiny tiny % of the player base and no where in the game does it tell us “if you want to know dates and time you MUST be n the forum”.
    They didnt announce it in the game, there was no countdown as the precedent suggests there shouod have been so its on the devs for lack of communication. Droppin a link to a forum post an suggesting all players shouod have been aware is a cop out sorry.
    Besides, reading the comments ON THE FORUM proves too that even being active on the forum isint good enough to get the info.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There was no need for a 'when is it ending' on V-Day because they set a solid date once they announced that it was NOT going to just be 2 weeks as first advertised. The date was corrected in the announcements post and responded to with an exact date when they updated it. While I'm unhappy about the no timer countdown and no in game announcement for those that do NOT frequent these forums, anyone on here had a few solid notifications on the new end date.

Now, the anniversary even has always been in question since they extended it with no set end date. I'd hope we'll get some kind of timer, but as it could 'soon', as posted elsewhere by Charon, I'm not holding on to 2000+ marks past Wed night next week regardless of a timer OR announcement.

But yes...this situation as unique with the overlapping events.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm not saying there was a need for that kind of thread...but as there's been a long standing tradition of needless threads asking questions that have had answers (such as this one) I was surprised there wasn't one. Either way, there's always next year. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

In talking to leaguemates and from shouts it sounds like quite a few people were caught off guard by this.

Devs, any chance we could please get the vendor back briefly?
    • Like x 1
  15. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Yeah I got lazy on doing my last run to finish the base items. I really appreciate that countdown.
  16. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The Daybreak ads must surely be as tidy as a 2 year old's room ! :D
  17. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

No announcement about St. Patrick event starting.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's been on test, probably starting same day as Survival Mode.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed, thats my point. The info was not in the open, the majority didnt know, the majority could not know. The few that could know are only forum members and even then most prob didnt know.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.