precision dps needs a boost

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cutie, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Cutie Level 30

i am a dual wield flurry precision dps and i spent over 700 dollars to max my artifacts and i am getting beat by might munitions that dont even have max level artifacts this is very unfair and i thought that you guys were changing powers to where we can be the same damage no matter what powers we used thats far from how things are and i am probably not the only one that is getting tired of spending hundreds of dollars to be good and then you guys nerf the powers and we have to spend hundreds again it has made me not plau very much anymore and i really like being dual wield flurry i dont want to change powers
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Out of curiosity is Dual Wield>Flurry the only cross-weapon combo you use?
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

What power are you, every power isn’t good with precision
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

The might user was probably using amulet and the troll was probably a might buff troll. It's the meta used in most groups
  5. testerz New Player

The devs along with anti-prec players pretty much gutted precision. Removing the last tick from flurry was a stupid and nonsensical to do, especially considering that groups are running a troll with tetra and claw. "balance"
    A sham of a "balance" pass.
    • Like x 1
  6. xFLASHo New Player

I don't think people understand that precision was op for a pretty substantial time. JLD to dang near wondererse was filled with precious dps's topping the leaderboard. No might dps had a chance when doomspin was around.
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

ehhh, they could have taken a little less out of it and it would still be in line.

that said, yeah, precision is basically a second class citizen build again.
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Doomspin was ALWAYS a bug. It did like 20% of that damage through each step of the weapons pass and suddenly on the last update got like a 400%-500% increase. People reported it but it got ignored. It wasn’t even the weapon mastery doomspin which was the dumbest part.

Also keep in mind, the nerfed venom wrist from 56% down to 12% only to turn arou d and give might DPS a 30% buff artifact a little bit later.

Oh, I almost forgot, they took the 5% precision buff we got from the DLC augs (10% total) down to 4% (8% total). They just love kicking us when we’re down, lol.

As for flurry shot, it probably needed a 5%-10% nerf. But removing the 4th tick reduced the damage by around 23%. Worse, took the skill away from doing really good damage with it. It was a dumb, lazy nerf. People can still do good damage if they clip every flurry combo with a power that can be instantly jump cancelled which, to me, seems unintended. It’s also rolling out he red carpet and fast tracking arthritis and carpel tunnel in to your life. At least on console anyway. It’s a lot easier on PC.

I still manage to do good (but no longer great) damage with flurry shot but that because I’m gadgets and clip 6 other powers in with my weapon buff. Also, switching Grim to HUD added about 25K/s to my explosive shot AOE so it’s at least respectable now:
    • Like x 1
  9. Cutie Level 30

if you guys are happy paying 600-700 on artifacts and then have to do it all over again a few months later thats good for you
  10. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Fun fact it got a dev response as NOT a bug so I don't know about this it was always a bug if they allegedly checked and said its working as intended.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/2h-doom-spin-bug.304603/
    • Like x 1
  11. Cutie Level 30

this game has become nothing more then online gambling its the most expensive game out there to play thats why its completely dying off except for super loyal long time players that are already invested heavily in the game everytime i log in its the exact same people online nobody new and i thought the whole switch from being am was to make powers equal that was a crock of bull and lies they still make powers op for a few months then change it so you have to buy respec tokens and new artifacts
  12. Perdition Committed Player

Prec does not need a buff, i'd suggest you try to use different weapons/artifacts. Or try different loadouts. True, DW's got a nerf. But is still pretty viable, if used correctly.

Now, when you have a buff troll that favors buffing might users, then as a prec user you won't take full benifit from that.

If you really have doubts, you can always have a browse on YouTube, there are alot of people out there that proof that Prec is still in a good spot.
    • Like x 2
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Oh I remember full well. I didn’t buy it for one second. There’s no way that it made it through 4+ test server updates as a middle of the road weapon combo inly for them to “intend” to make a weapon combo that good at the last minuteI chalked it up to them just wanting to close the book on the weapons pass and move on.
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

most of those people are actually proof that Whirling Dervish is in a good spot, from what I can tell, but that's a different discussion entirely.
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

Prec is bad?
    Wonder why I see only Gadget Prec DPS mixed with some few Celestial Prec DPS all the time in endgame Content :D
  16. Perdition Committed Player

Well, same could be said about the might users then aswell. WD is broken, and everyone knows that :)
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yes, it is, the difference being that there are "Successful" Might rotations without Dervish, Precision? Not so much ;).
    • Like x 1
  18. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Don't mean to be rude but in content Prec is still top notch level dps in both ST and AoE, it requires little power and has amazing mobility.... Don't know what to tell you prec is all about knowing when to use what WM and positioning.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Precision is still kinda tied to a Controller for top output in Group content. Might - aside from more power-hungry examples like Mental - isn't quite as beholden to them. That's about my only real beef with it; I do think we could get a few % points back on Venom and maybe tune up a couple other combos so output options aren't quite as limited, but that aside I'd be lying if I said I thought it was a lost cause.

But I can't pass up an opportunity to complain about the Doomspin SNAFU. Don't tell us it works, then nerf it by 44% because erryone and they mom is using it afterwards.
    • Like x 2
  20. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

You said “ try different weapons” as if there’s more than 3 viable options lol lol. And most prec dps you see topping the charts will be gadgets, and that’s because it has a reliable clipping utility. No other power with prec will beat a might dps during this Gemini/buff troll/ amulet meta