Please Stop changing all of DC heros and villians look

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vonhart, Feb 21, 2021.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I can relate. I loved that we got to play with DC's heroes in their classic incarnations. It actually fit the narrative backstory for my characters. Lost that since the Superman design was changed. I've learned to live with it. Some of the redesigns are more successful than others. Some of the changes are personal. Not a big fan of the Flashs new look in the comics but I will say its well done in game. Starfire hasn't had a decent look since the late nineties. Love how Donna Troy turned out but I would have preferred her classic Wondergirl red jumpsuit. Same with Shazam. The in game styles are awesome...but I really just wanted a classic Captain marvel-esque cape (i.e. one tier and short.).

Anyway change away.
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I've long thought that while the updates might not look good now...they were actually created to look good on whatever new update they were working on. Now that a specific PS5 update has been mentioned maybe that's what they were made for all along.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd be inclined to agree if they hadn't been consistent with how the game looks for all platforms. For better or worse, they've never really played favorites with how the game looks across all the platforms it's been on. If they had, PC graphics would probably have been much different from the start.

Because of that it's just tough for me to imagine the new models looking that much different on a PS5 update.
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

I always like the look of the game the way it was...

It seemed more like an extension of the WB Animated Universe... It was like a direct continuation of Justice League Unlimited. :)
  5. Kilbane Active Player

I do like the new models for Harley and Raven especially. Poison Ivy I'm kind of neutral about. I'm not super keen on Oracle's bot thing but that's not really a model replacement.

I would have preferred they left Harley's old model in Joker's Funhouse so she could show her transformation in later content from Joker's lovesick sidekick to a anti-hero, but overall probably the best model (as in most detailed) in the game imo.

Now hopefully with the graphic update they'll re-do player models faces and not charge us for the privilege of having it. I feel like every male face looks like a Rock Solder from Ninja Turtles.
  6. Vonhart New Player

I mean I really disappointed with Capt. Marvel. I just done the JLD alerts( missed them first go around) and I must say he isn`t very impressive. I mean just got the 2nd issue of Shazam future state in the mail and he at least looks decent there but this guy just doesn`t inspire me as Magic Champion. I know some things are hit and miss but dang. He looks small and skinny, classic look was good least he look like a superhero.
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

All I want from a Cassie update is a texture pass. She can keep her current outfit.
    • Like x 1
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

If you want DCUO to stop changing character models, you're gonna have to get DC Comics to stop changing costumes first.

And Warner Brothers, for that matter.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If you want to see one of the reasons why they're making changes to the iconic NPCs in the game, just run the Harley's Heist duo. During the cutscene that plays after capturing Ivy you get a close-up of one of the police NPCs followed by a close up of Huntress, the NPC using old models and Huntress using the new version.

My reaction on the police NPC? It was along the lines of "GAH!" :eek: That cop looked rough.

Granted, it's a generic police NPC and not an iconic character, so I wasn't expecting a whole lot on how that NPC looked. But getting that closeup look followed immediately by the new version of Huntress was rather eye-opening. A person might not agree with the art style used, but the newer iconic characters do tend to look better.

Besides, if DC gave their approval for the new model to make it into the game (which is likely the case), it's kind of a moot point.
    • Like x 1
  10. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I have always found it funny when you do the Huntress solo instance that the in the cinematics the model is changed but when you are playing as the Huntress, the character model is classic Huntress.
    • Like x 1