2x XP Next Week

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KzR12, Feb 25, 2021.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  2. KzR12 New Player

lol fairs.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

To really be fair, whether or not people have their artifacts maxed, they will attempt to pug SM and they will more than likely never get past round 10. Maxed artifacts do not turn bad players into good players.
    • Like x 2
  4. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Speak for yourself. I am going to be doing sm on an alt, and I want to get my static goggles maxed on that toon as well. I am guessing they wont do double xp as SM is something they can get players to buy nth caches at regular price.
    • Like x 1
  5. IcyStone Well-Known Player

we need this asap
    • Like x 1
  6. NeoSelkie Active Player

Yep this is me. I came back in November right after the last double artifact XP after not playing since 2015. I've pretty much caught up in every way but artifacts. I've been saving nearly all my nth metal for a double xp so that I can finish catching up when one happens. I plan on doing SM regardless but it would really be helpful if it happened since I don't want to hold my group members back.
    • Like x 1
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

These are not the same thing. When you get a raise at work, or bonus, do you not still try and buy something on sale the next week (assuming you are buying something) or do you just say "Heck....I got some extra money, might as well buy it at full price!". Giving us more Nth is NOT the same as a 2x XP at application on artis.

It's been a long time since the last 2x XP on artis...it will be another month or so if the pattern of 'the week before a new DLC' keeps going. It's not an unreasonable expectation that they'd give us one before SM for people to beef up artis beforehand.

In the end, it all is good for DBG as 2x XP will always mean more XP sales and more seal sales. Having one now and one in a month or 2 is twice as good for them AND us.
    • Like x 3
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If they're trying to help us gear up for SM, the next logical one is double solar credits. We had double Nth Metal drops for two weeks due to Mother Nature deciding that Texas needed a once-a-century type cold with snow... now we have double Time Beacons (elite weapon, rings, neck, and .4 generator mods). The last of the gear-up would be done with double Solar Credits to get the 285 or 287 gear completed.
    • Like x 1
  10. KzR12 New Player

Bro u literally hit the nail right on the head it doesnt hurt them to give it to us now and then in a months time all it means is more money for them.
    • Like x 1
  11. KzR12 New Player

Im sorry but this DLC has been out for like 6 months now and like 2-3 months during lockdown if you dont have max gear already then u aren't playing this game right.
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You fail to account for new players who just started the game within the past couple of months. They're going to need it just as much as anyone else who has been a casual player.
    • Like x 1
  13. KzR12 New Player

Regardless, I don't think that there are many people that are opposed to a 2x XP whereas 90% of players that are going to play sm already have have max gear and don't need solar credits. I for one do dallies everyday and have 400 solar credits collecting dust waiting to be turned into source marks.
  14. IcyStone Well-Known Player

You expect 2 month old players go and do SM?
    • Like x 1
  15. Beat Active Player

Gear is futile if these new players still have level 40 artifacts and rainbow augments with 200 skill points MAX.
    Plus SM will be in the event tab so I think level 11s can maybe Que it.
    I agree with the other guy, it's not fair to hold back all of us who have been playing religiously to help players who had all this time to get gear but didn't. (Imo)
    • Like x 1
  16. Berza Committed Player

Not even 3x200 can make a player with a rainbow in their augments beat survival. Not because they don't have the stats but because they don't have the knowledge.
    Also
  17. Beat Active Player

200s will give them a better chance than gear.
    As for the knowledge, people NEED mics in SM, it is a NEED.
    Don't even think about getting to round 10+ smoothly without a mic.

Even 3 160s+decent gear+Mic= a high chance of being successful in SM.
  18. Berza Committed Player

Not even all stats in the multiverse will make a player survive after dropping supplies when fighting Deathstroke. Knowledge is basic. A two months player will lack the ability to beat SM because they will be lacking the experience.
    I fail to understand why the mic is related to what I said in my previous post. I agree that communication is key in beating SM or any other hard content. But just as a note, a friend of mine got to r17 in SM S1 not only not using a mic himself but also understanding zero English, the common-use language even in EU server.
    • Like x 1
  19. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Man you guys are rely on artifacts too much. I wonder how you guys would fair back in the day of Batcave 2, Fortress of Solitude 2, Prime Battleground.
  20. Beat Active Player

You said players are lacking knowledge, a mic is a gateway of knowledge.

For example the other day I was doing the legion alert elite, I've never done elite since I've always thought elite gear is unnecessary. Other guy had a mic and told me the mechanics, I listened and Boom. we beat it the 1st try, smooth.

Ranked artifacts can also give you bonuses for Sm.
    like if you're robot sidekick keeps getting K.Oed, if you have grim ranked, you won't even need robot sidekick so, you can use that extra loadout spot for a shield, which boost your survival chance even higher
    See how artifacts can help?