DCUO’s Biggest Cliffhangers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Feb 27, 2021.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

We waited years to find out what happened next after Hippolyta got kidnapped by Ares at the end of Throne of the Dead. But it was worth it because there was a sense that the story would be completed eventually.

A lot of the DLCs over the last few years seem to have a self contained story arc, that if I’m honest, doesn’t always make sense to me in the way that the arcs that spanned multiple episodes did, even if we were left waiting to find out what happened next. Metal part 1 and 2 being the notable recent exception.

Earth 3 was left on a massive cliffhanger back in November 2017. Do you think we will ever find out what was chasing Johnny Quick through the tunnel at the end of The Escape? Do you think the devs know and intend to tell us one day?
    • Like x 4
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was the Anti Monitor. The Anti Monitor destroys Earth 3, the Crime Syndicate escapes to our universe on the Panopticon with Alexander Luthor.
    • Like x 1
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

Is this from the comics?

How does the Anti-Monitor fit in that shaft?
  4. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Oliver queen becomes the specter n dies
    Superman has twins
    Dingle becomes a green lantern
    Batman has more bodies then he can count
  5. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Thats not how it was in comics but that was the way how DCUO shape the comic book stories to the game. During 2017, while Earth-3 Episode was out, the 1st version of Anniversary event already been planned out since they already made cinematic scene of the Earth-3: Escape raid and that tied us to Anniversary event.

Im still curious about who or what Zeus saw at the end of Fracture God Sphere raid. Since Legion DLC not really a continuation of Wonderverse was that figure also Anti-Monitor or was it Perpetua or Dr Manhattan? Or it was just Mordru and Zeus just surprized because Mordru consumed harbringer and became a powerful being... idk.

Next episode will be related to Flash, more likely a Flashpoint DLC. With the Future State out, I think Flash will be a retcon machine just like how he was used in comics. Im hoping for that to be Origin Crisis 2.0 type of quality content with all that time travel stuff.
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

But the first anniversary event was January 2017, 10 months before Earth 3 episode. I checked this by looking at when I earned my first Anniversary Event feat, 5th January 2017.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's in both the game and the comics. The story continues in the Anniversary Event. Have you not played the solo where you have to rescue Alexander in the crashed Panopticon? The Anti Monitor isn't following Johnny Quick inside the shaft, clearly you were paying attention in Escape... The Crime Syndicate is attempting to shift the Panopticon into our universe via Johnny Quick. This is attracting the Anti Monitor who is following the Panopticon from his antimatter universe into ours. But we don't figure that out until after Alexander hits the brakes. So after seeing the antimatter through the window everyone realizes what's coming. Crime Syndicate is pissed, we escape Earth 3's universe and Alexander stays behind to deal with the aftermath.
    Fast Forward to the Anniversary Event, in past years we time travel to a close future where the Antimonitor is attacking our universe. The original story was he's been attracted to our Earth by all the paradoxes that we've had to deal with, which I guess he finds delicious. Unable to actually defeat him each year, we always send him forward in time via Flash and Zoom to deal with him next year. After the Earth 3 episode that sort of changed with the solo they added. The Crime Syndicate, after we escaped, does manage to escape their universe and crashes to our Earth with Alexander as their hostage. It's assumed this is how the Anti Monitor finds our universe by chasing after the Crime Syndicate.
    This year was a little different because we didn't have to time jump to fight the Antimonitor and we didn't send him forward to next year, he leaves on his own saying he has something more important to deal with. This is probably his mother breaking free from behind the source wall, which we broke and also an upcoming episode after the Flashpoint episode.
    • Like x 3
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

Thank you.

I’ve been waiting for a resolution for this, and it’s been there for three years!
  9. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

I'm slapping myself for not making the Perpetua connection myself.
  10. Mermaid Dedicated Player

The end of Kahndaq Raid has yet been resolved. Resurrected Isis and Black Adam are both technically still on the loose! I hope they revisit this soon and perhaps we can finally get some more Kahndaqi/Egyptian Lore into the game.

Also, in one of the briefings in Amazon Fury III, it was revealed that Hecate was not pleased with the mortals disrupting her work in Olympus and she blames Zeus' rulership. She should have played a key role in Wonderverse tbh given that seeds were already planted for her to have an agenda against Zeus. She was also one of the big bad in Justice League Dark's Witching Hour storyline (2018) and she was quite the force to be reckon with.

In more recent releases, Lex Luthor's disappearance at the end of Birds of Prey is quite intriguing. It is clear that the whole Source Wall Saga is far from over...
    • Like x 4
  11. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

These are all good points. I'd love to see the arc with Hecate from JLD for sure. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Lex pop back up with Ultraviolet Lantern Sinestro, Still Force Grodd, and so on and so forth.
  12. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Yeah I miscalculated the which anniversary event it was. You are right, it was 2nd year of anniversary event which is at Jan 2018.:rolleyes:
  13. Kilbane Active Player

Well there is a lot of talk of a Black Adam movie (Shazam sequel or spinoff?) with Dwayne Johnson on the horizon. It was supposed to be out around xmas 2021, but it seems like it's been indefinitely delayed... Anyway that might feed the next DLC beyond Flashpoint.. or maybe the one after that... someday maybe.
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Earth 3 is the main one I really hope to get continued. If you talk to Cyborg after beating last boss he does some foreshadowing as well.

Edit: Just read TheLorax’s post. I think that finishes it then? Or no? Either way, glad to have more back story :)
  15. Toshknight Loyal Player

WAR OF THE LIGHT Completed fully, not in an episode /raid and a duo .

i wish we would have gotten the original full DLC/ Storyline "not a one mission raid" to end War of the Light, the First 2 War of the Light DLCs were probably my favorite Lantern Mythology / story added to the exobyte dc universe story over all. the mist, they were slowly opening up metropolis to larger areas with each dlc, you can tell, with the last area where the black lanterns are, it was cut content, because there is one or 2 small missions, and u go in there ,and get like less then central city size portion of Mist metropolis , i feel like with the ps5 conversion, or even now, if they wanted they could revamp that area so you could just fly there from any point of entering mist metropolis but it was a blocked off area. the nekron raid/opp was not everything i feel like and it was tied up to fast. it was building up to a awesome conclusion. they stopped doing DLCs and turned them into episodes right before they released wol3 or halls of power 3 , anyway, yea.

also i want mark Hamill to come back and do at least one more villain headed storyline, he hasn't been apart of any of the metal storylines, they showed him a few times, but no voice. makes me sad, i know he isn't retired as joker, hes probably just busy with other projects. we already lost Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn the Original BTAS voice, and she was replaced with the most annoying #$##$#$#$# voice i could imagine, the only person that could do this joker is troy baker and his isn't even spot on but its not bad.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What solo is that?
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The Anniversary Event solo. You get the mission and then the portal becomes usable.
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Well the person that used to be in charge for this isnt there anymore so im really curious to see how the next episode is gonna be.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The solo where you fight Shadow Demons and Qwardians on the Panopticon, try to rescue Alexander Luthor but Johnny Quick stops you and takes him.
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Regarding khandaq thats exactly what ive been requesting id love to see a khandaq based episode it has so much potential and to this day the khandaq raid amazes me more then almost all other raids in dcuo.

Id also love to see something with arkham asylum based episode the best alert yet imo.