Test Discussion Damage Supercharge Balance - Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Feb 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

No, because then Gadgets would just run iconic/movement mode supers and maintain the damage output it's doing now.
  2. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Sounds like a logical plan, the take it in pieces approach will likely result in much more balance rather than the doing the powers as a whole,

I get it people are worried that a power that has been dependent on SC to make up for bad AOE or Single Target damage will be unbalanced in the short term but if it leads to a level playing field I think this will end up great in the end.

Balancing single target damage hopefully should be strait forward, AOE and Damage over time... unless that's a single pass gonna be hard since the variation on how powers work is gonna be... tough to deal with.

Hope everyone has the patience for this.

Thanks for the forethought and effort.
  3. IcyStone Well-Known Player

Metabolic Boost costs 2500 sc and still has 30s cooldown. Is that intended?
  4. Vengeance Gray Level 30

If Supercharges are being addressed then the SC Generators also have to be addressed. Their are some powers that cannot benefit from their SC Generator either based on Melee/Range situations and because the damage/healing the power does is so much lower than other powers and or is a power that isn't viable in a top dps/healing loadout.
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

One thing at a time.
    • Like x 1
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Y’all aren’t going to stop complaining until every power is an exact copy and paste of one another
    • Like x 4
  7. L T Devoted Player

And that's a legitimate complaint. This update normalizes the damage across the supercharges, and seems to do so reasonably well so far with a couple of exceptions.

But with all the damage being the same and all the cool-downs being the same, it DOES remove some variety from the game. How many people will miss being able to use Atomic Blast twice within a single Eye of Gemini?
    • Like x 1
  8. testerz New Player

They will never learn.
    • Like x 4
  9. L T Devoted Player

ICE ELEMENTAL:
    • Instead of always being acrobatics, Ice Elemental is now always Flight. Intended?
    • If you're Acrobatics, you can use any movement ability as Ice Elemental.
    • If you're Flight or Super Speed, you can use any movement ability except the shields: Dustoff or Dash Attack.
    • You still can't use the artifact-enhanced versions of Heat Vision or Lasso (reported previously, but it bears repeating).
  10. Mr.W Committed Player

Well technically those iconics & things are being normalized too lol. Seriously though the biggest things I'm trying to convey is 1) exhaust options before trying to making too big of a change 2) if adjustments need to be made to a powersets abilities then first find the group powersets that are the community's gold standard so there's a benchmark to go by so an adjusted powerset is still comfortable & playable. 3) discover the root of why certain powers under performing. Some may have animations that are too slow, some powerset abilities may have an extremely high chance to miss (for no reason) & others suffer b/c they lost their addational power interactions at revamp but its base numbers weren't properly increased (& this is evident b/c we're still adjusting things today just like when revamp 1st dropped).

I get what you're saying, I just feel these are important things that shouldn't be overlooked.
  11. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Never a fan of nerfs, especially in a game where money is such a big focus.
    • Like x 3
  12. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Good point, buffing single target to match Gadgets first might have been a good idea given survival mode.... oh well, too late for a poll or something now.
    • Like x 1
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yeah, the reduction of variety is my issue. And to me, supercharges don’t need to ditto each other in terms of damage. Some powers benefit the most from supercharge rotations, while others just rely on base damage for max potential. If anything, it’s Gemini, that’s making supercharges unbalanced
    • Like x 1
  14. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

There are a few powers that could use a buff to a few tray abilities, and or just, as you mentioned, have their animation speed increased, in order to give them that small edge they need so they can be competitive like the rest (water, sorcery). But for the most part, powers are relatively close in terms of base damage, however, when you include the variable of artifacts you begin to see a margin between powers. For instance, some powers can increase their damage exponentially while running a supercharge build because their power has access to a great supercharge, while said supercharge is being coupled with green Gemini circles since it’s the meta. And then you have amulet, which is extremely strong, but every power can’t safely run it, while others can. Artifacts are manipulating balance, and how we view it, because when it’s talked about, artifacts are always within the equation
  15. Vengeance Gray Level 30

They go hand and hand
  16. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I saw the rage changes:) Finally Infuriate will become a viable dps option.
    Since we are exploring SC powers and making adjustments, is it possible to give Mangle some love by making it into a SC sheild that can be broken/Interrupted with damage:) I appreciate in advance.
    I can see alot of uses for a power like this, a shield for bosses and a crowd control for adds.
    Currently rage doesnt use a SC power(exp dash attack variations), but with this change I can see alot of potential.
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

Yes, I agree some artifacts can have better functionality with certain powers. However, the thing that needs to be evaluated artifacts is (why) does it work better with certain powersets than other. In this example you feel the base damage across all powers are pretty even & its the supercharges that makes the difference (& in some cases thats true) which is why this balance pass is being carefully analyzed. The question to be asked though is whether we should take the high road 1st & bring those under performing supercharges up to where we would all agree is the standard for a sc of its tier (10k 5k 2.5k) before going (too heavy) with nerfs b/c it could completely alter the performance of a power & cause more work later down the road with readjusting try abilities to bring a powerset back to standard.

As far as adjusting for artifacts i feel that has to be on a power by power basis to see why some artifacts may be inefficient one but not the other, & what changes can be made to the power so its more desirable. & for certain some situations some artifacts are just better suited some powers than others but thats ok b/c thats the uniqueness of it all. An example of this is how hardlight has the ability to take more advantage of the la more card.

The thing to watch for or in some cases need to be redone on the artifacts to make sure different artifact combinations can be more valuable like how the source shard should be changed so most permanent pet builds can take much better advantage of it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Exactly. Gadget’s strength doesn’t lie in it’s SC. This is an SC balance, NOT a power balance. Gadgets would be mostly unaffected by ANY changes to SC’s so bringing gadgets more in line with other powers via these changes simply isn’t possible. That’ll come later down the road in a might DPS balance pass.
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Couldn’t agree more. Atomic blast was only good because you could stack them back to back in the same supply drop/DPS trinket/EoG/etc buff stack. In practice, it was really a 10K. I’ve welcomed and looked forward to an SC balance but I don’t think fitting them all in to a single formula is the way to go.
    • Like x 1
  20. The Multiverse New Player

If I can put my 2 cents in, I understand the need for balance but shouldn't be where every power is the same. I like how some powers have better SC while some have better single target, some are better at range and some are better at melee. A balance can still mean each power has its strengths and weaknesses. To make each power equalgood at everything is boring.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.