Question about balance and Gadgets turret

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elren, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Elren Level 30

Every pet on the game is not able to be jump cancelled except for gadget's turret. How is this balance? This doesn't follow the way that other pets spawn in the game. You should not be able to do a power into a pet and jump cancel it if sorcery pets and other pets, for that matter, cannot do this. This throws off balance hugely and seems like a huge oversight.

Either allow other pet powers to do the same or fix gadgets. Please.
    • Like x 1
  2. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I wouldn't worry about it they have to get supercharges under control. so they can revamp the way powers work and weapons with artifacts. All 3 will be seeing a sure revamp before Q3 I can already smell it
  3. PHNTM Well-Known Player

They need more people to switch to Gadgets before they can nerf it.
    • Like x 1
  4. KzR12 New Player

Too true
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I want that removed tbh. Turret would be more useful to me if it worked like Robot Sidekick.
  6. Elren Level 30

Can a developer respond to this? Why is gadgets getting special treatment?
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

If they take away suppressor turret’s clipping utility, there’s a good possibility that they would just sale the function back via artifact
    • Like x 1
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Gadgets turret has been like this forever, nerfing this would do nothing but make a portion of the community upset. And I’ve always been on board for other powers to get a similar ability, or either introduce it to the movement modes that aren’t superspeed
  9. Elren Level 30

It doesn't matter if it's been like this forever. No other power gets this treatment. None. Not sorc nor robot sidekick.
    • Like x 1
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

And every power shouldn’t be exactly the same, they tried that with am’s and it was disliked, and they’re doing it now with supercharges and it’s disliked. Every power does not need to be a copy and paste of one another
  11. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Powers don't have to be the same but having something that clearly benefits that power in terms of DPS over every other power, should be fixed if it's a bug/not intended.
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

Idk if other powers work this way, but jump clipping tge turret don't even destroy Robot
  13. Ryazan Dedicated Player

It doesn't indeed, robot sidekick despwans as soon as another pet spawns in. Gadgets's turret only starts spawning once the whole action bar gets filled, for comparison, RSK starts spawning the moment you activate the power, and there's no action bar for it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, you can use gadgets turret to clip any other powers and then you can quickly cancel the turret animation itself preventing it from spawning.

You can clip powers with the RSK spawn but once you've activated RSK you can't cancel its animation in the same way as turret and if you wanted to repeat the process of clipping with RSK you'd have to first go through despawning RSK, which is impractical.

With the Earth and Sorcery Pets you cannot clip any other powers with the pet summon ability and must wait for them to play out.

At this point you've basically handed gadgets an extra free clipping ability and in conjunction with a stealth bar provided them with what is effectively a lengthier load out bar with greater potential. Amongst some other issues it is that turret powers behavior that largely separates gadgets from mental which also has a stealth bar.

The RSK is basically a god tier version of phase dodge where you're effectively getting the equivalent benefit of phase dodge but with a 3s cooldown instead of 16.5s

In my opinion Gadgets turret should be changed to behave like the Earth and Sorcery pets, if not like those then it should behave like RSK.

Better run though I hear the gadgets players coming.

15. testerz New Player

After turret is nerfed, what will be the next complaint?
    IE: I wish my troll power had stealth, decoy and Quantum tunnel? Keep this up and the developers will do just that.

Or... They will introduce an artifact that allows pet summons to be clippable. Its as if the community never learns.
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not only does stealth clip abilities going into stealth they can also clip abilities going out of stealth. I have not tested powers in a while but from when I last tested you could use a power with a lengthy dove tail and it would be clipped with the unstealthing. Thou if i remember correctly mental stealth does this too.