What's your least favorite thing about Dcuo and why

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Oceanly, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Oceanly Well-Known Player

No Factions changer maybe i wanna make my hero a vill for a style without using replays
    • Like x 2
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

Money grubbing artifacts.
    • Like x 4
  3. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

The fact that after ten years we still don't have Bizarro's Fire Breath Blast and Icy Freeze vision as Iconic powers!
    I have two Cold Power Characters The "Icy stare" (Freeze vision) was actually an early power I gave him when I first created him (Back in 1996) As to fire Breath, well My lead character is called the Golden Dragon so you can imagine pretty much any Dragon-name in the game would want that power But also, there was an issue of Green Arrow where the Demon Etrigan breathed fire and regardless of which side you're on, Fire breathing would be pretty darn hot addition
    • Like x 8
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Beggars.
    • Like x 7
  5. Zamara Dedicated Player

Leechers
    • Like x 2
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

no legion of super pets dlc.
    • Like x 3
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Toxic players who would rather throw insults, troll and do nothing but be annoying than actually playing the game. I honestly don't get why people would waste their time going out of their way to waste others time in a video game? Makes no sense to me.

Like today in many an example of coming across horrible players I pugged into the Doomsday raid because I'm just about finished the feats and we got this healer who roled into without the loadout and he was an obvious CR skipper who was probably Free2play and when we asked where the heals were he promptly told us he was too low to heal and we told him 250ish CR was enough to heal though. His response? Threw insults our way, told us to invite another healer (well considering that meant kicking one of our seven out), stood at the corner of the map and went AFK. We got thru and beat Doomsday without him but because we were too busy to kick him he got the rewards at the end. Really scratching my head on who are the people who act like this cause it's just nuts really? But this is hundreds if not thousands of the players I've encountered over the years, it's nothing new to this game. I know other online and MMO games who don't have players that act this way, why it's synonymous with DCUO is just baffling
    • Like x 3
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Definitely the never ending bugs.
    • Like x 5
  9. Scourge o' the Cosmos Well-Known Player

Don't get me started :cool:

- Marketplace items are too expensive, this speaks for itself, I think o_O
    - The lag in movement after combat, you can't make a quick getaway. In some situations you can get KO'd because of this. I know it's not the end of the world, but still...
    - It takes too long to upgrade an artifact unless you're willing to spend real money. You can get to 80-120 fairly quickly, but after that...:mad:
    - No preview option in the Broker for Materials, you can only see what they look like after purchasing them. If you end up not liking it, you have wasted a couple of millions :(. I know you can find some videos on YouTube, but not all of them are there
    - The ridicilous price tags on certain items in the Broker, this speaks for itself, I think o_O
    - I second the OP, it should be possible to change factions. Some styles may be locked if this is implemented, but that's does not bother me
    - There's no way to invite your accounts alts into your own league. To get around this I had to create another account. You also have to have access to another PC/console to make this work. This is too much hassle for something that can be solved quite easily imho. The solution for this is to make it possible to apply to a league.
    - The heroes chat is incredibly toxic :confused:, so many childish people hurling insults at each other all day long. I don't spend a lot of time in the Hall of Doom, but the villain players seem more adult and laid back

These were my two cents :D
    • Like x 3
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Players who insist on trying to gate content for other players (the "you must be THIS tall to ride" crowd) and players who insist that their way to play is the right and only way to play (the "you HAVE to follow the meta" folks).

Dealing with them individually can be aggravating, but when one person exhibits BOTH traits? Ugh.
    • Like x 12
  11. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Leechers UGH enough said.
    • Like x 2
  12. PHNTM Well-Known Player

The way the current Artifact system is. It's not friendly to new players, returning players or using multiple characters.
    • Like x 10
  13. Eve YouTuber

Watch Tower\Little Bohemia shout chat.
    I don't need to say anything else beside that It's super toxic. I've turned it off eventually, but they should remove this channel altogether.
    • Like x 3
  14. MrStoob Well-Known Player

That I'm not allowed the Superman emblem is what grinds my gears most about this game. lol
    • Like x 2
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Breakthroughs.
    • Like x 7
  16. N-IX Well-Known Player

that we can not manage the content of our inventory and therefore have to keep an inventory of styles more disgusting than ever, requires a considerable time to find our outfit
  17. Synisterstrike Active Player

I love this game, but there are a few things that bother me.

1. Grinding bounties.

I know it's meant as something to keep us occupied for the life of the dlc. People ALWAYS complain that they have nothing to do, so I can see why they were implanted. It doesn't make it suck any less though.

2. Time capsules

So, this is a FTP game (many would argue against that, but at it's core it is ftp. If you decide you like it, then you consider spending money on it.). I don't mind the idea behind time capsules, but I despise that there are feats tied to them. Again, I know that there are costs to maintaining the servers and such..so I understand the logic..I just hate the feats.
    I mean, they've had some pretty awesome styles in them over their life span. Also, a lot of people are worried about being "the best" or "top tier" so they must have ALL of the feats. This causes them to spend money on the capsules to get said feats. Any duplicates they get will just go on the broker for ridiculous amounts because others don't pay the money they did to open so many.

3. How easy it is to get your cr increased.

Don't get me wrong, I get that the devs want players at end game to avoid the whole "wasteland" lower tier levels. By doing so, there's also a lot of style feats getting skipped over by players because they are after the best gear possible. As soon as the progress a tier, they don't look back at previous tier gear for the sake of completing the feats. This results in a lot of low so characters getting to end game and feeling frustrated when they're not effective enough to stand on their own. (Think many kos, no damage, ineffective at playing roles, etc.) This leads people to get frustrated REALLY quickly and can cause the argument "I should feel like a super hero/villain." Yes, they could put in the work to get these feats, but as someone new..they may not be aware of how to navigate the feats menu. I know feats are mentioned in the leveling missions, but other than a brief mention, there's not much else.

With that all being said, I was around when it took FOREVER to get through things like AF3. I know it can also feel frustrating to never feel like you're making progress. I used to use the time spent in "limbo" to gather marks to knock out the feats. I would never have known if it hadn't been for the awesome league that took me in (even before I actually joined the league). I know that many will say "well just go back and do them now." When you're focused on getting to the next tier as quickly as possible..you don't think about it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

the breakthrough system. everything else I'm ok with.
    • Like x 2
  19. Oceanly Well-Known Player

i wish we could favorite some styles
    • Like x 3
  20. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

People throwing around the term "the meta." I can't stop cringing.
    • Like x 2