Test Discussion Combat Trinket Pets and Turrets

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Greetings.

Combat Trinket Pets and Turrets have been improved and normalized. This opens the way for introducing new systems for these pets in the future.
    • Combat Pet Projectiles no longer have a chance to fire more than once per attack but have had their damage increased and will no longer split damage between targets.
    • Combat Pet Ranged Attacks fire much more often now and have had their per hit damage reduced to compensate but overall damage has increased on average.
    • Combat Pets now are balanced to be within the same damage and hit range of each other.
      • These pets include:
        • Vampire Bat
        • Shadow Bat
        • Dark Construct Bat
        • Brainiac Drone
        • Paradox Gazer
        • Father Box
        • Mother Box
        • Seahorse
    • Combat Single Target Turrets generally do more damage now as a whole.
      • These turrets include:
        • Green Crystal Turret
        • Anti-Matter Turret
    • Combat AoE Turrets have had their range slightly increased and generally do more damage now as a whole.
      • These turrets include:
        • Snake Turret
        • Shadow Snake Turret
    • Survival Mode Combat Pets and Turrets will do increased damage within Survival Mode.
    • There is a box on the PC Test Vendors that contains the above pets for testing.
    • Like x 7
  2. TheEnquirer Active Player

I'm excited to test these changes! Hopefully we can reach a competitive pet-viable playstyle.
  3. TheEnquirer Active Player

Can you explain a little more how pets like Void Gazer and Quislet are affected by this? They have slower attack patterns as well. Do they fall under the first category?
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

If they are not listed, they are not changed. Artifact pets have other benefits than just DPS, unlike these Trinket pets. Not to say changes won't occur to these *Artifact* pets at some point but these changes are for a different type of pet.
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I'll post some tests, feelings about the changes and thoughts about them ...

Single target test results(10 test per trinket):

Dark Construct Bat (live server 328 CR) : average- 393066,min -361355, max-434021.

Dark Construct Bat (test server 328 CR): average 350898, min-342775, max-361276.
    Mother Box (test server 328 CR):average 347993,min-342809,max-355213.
    Father Box (test server 328 CR): average 345324,min-343013,max-350036.
    Shadow Bat (test server 328 CR): average 345394,min-342855,max -355421.
    Vampire Bat (test server 328 CR): average 345257,min-342841, max-350670.
    Brainiac Drone Pet (test server 328 CR): average 346965, min-342602,max-350384.
    Atlantean Seahorse(test server 328 CR): average 345860,min -341857,max-349424.
    Paradox Gazer (test server 328 CR): average 344231,min-342268, max-349064.

In general, as you can see, the damage is slightly lower than DCB on a live server(about 11 % on average), but the damage itself is more stable (I'm not sure that stability will give enough damage for Shard users in order to compensate for the loss of damage on average). Shard users are already lagging behind in damage, so an increase in damage by 10% -15% would be in place (combined with greater stability, this would make it possible for at least some kind of competitiveness with other artifacts ...).

I'm too tired so I still haven't ordered the data for multiple targets. But the big picture is there is about a 10% increase in damage compared to a live server.
    This is good, but still too little to compensate for the incomplete DPS rotation that Sharda users have to use (I emphasize Sharda users, since these changes are of little significance for other DPS)

The additional animation in Bats is great, I just missed that, it really helps to see if your pet is dead.
    • Like x 1
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You mean like the 10-15% damage increase the tier system would have brought that you completely shot down? There are a number of factors to take into account here, for one single target performance does not dictate the overall effectiveness of a combat pet and secondly this is a "Source Shard Balance Update" one single artifact does not dictate the overall effectiveness of a combat pet.

thanks for your testing
    • Like x 5
  7. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I knew this was coming sadly, I hope people don't waste this opportunity with pets and SC balancing to force the source shard issues.
    • Like x 1
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Will you still not calm down? your children's video on your channel is not enough for you (or already two?)? before you write something, you first make sure that you understand what the person was talking about. I was opposed to placing something behind the wall of time-unstable content as SM (if SM is regularly released as DLC or as seasons, then I have nothing against), and not the tier system itself.

if you read carefully, then I pointed out the increased damage on multiple targets, I'm just tired (it's hard for me to work with English ....) ....increased damage for everyone, stability for shard users (other DPS don't get much benefit from continuous attack, click and forget).
    • Like x 4
  9. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

That's kind of basic concepts in games that make players try to work toward things. You lost me instantly right there, that entire notice of everything for everyone is not cool. SM is the one special thing in the game that people work towards and wait until it's released and should have deserved proper rewards besides so new styles.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

except that the given caveat of Survival Mode was that no reward given from Survival Mode would appreciably or noticeably affect game play - i.e. no character performance increase as a result of the rewards from the system itself.

Survival Mode Pets being arbitrarily more powerful than other pets, while remaining functionally available for only a month at a time "every once in a while", sometimes literally a year (or more) between instances, both craps on that caveat and the idea that you can work towards the item itself in the meantime.

If Survival Mode was just There, all the time? That changes the tone of the discussion. It's not so here we are.
    • Like x 6
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

and let’s you stop writing not to the point? do you have any test results that you want to discuss? Any suggestions for specific changes on the test server?
    • Like x 1
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

That tone is set just cause of the concept yall have on here that every one is entitled to everything. But lets not derail this topic while we have a chance to focus on things that matter more currently. Source Shard users not getting no pet buff here and we didn't get the rewards we wished for.
  13. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I already wrote my unbiased specific changes. Test results are already here the pets are even now you got what you wanted. I honestly wish that artifact wasn't created it's given it's users the idea it's a actual play style that should be competitive.
  14. AV Loyal Player

The qualitative changes to the AoE turrets are excellent and will make them a viable option for hallways and burst AoE situations in boss fights finally.
    • Like x 3
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This was only because the "Elite" tier pets at the moment only included SM pets, if there was a combat pet that came out next dlc for example that only dropped in elite it would make your point moot because that Elite pet would have the same damage level as the SM pets being in that tier.

Things change in the game, the whole "SM is only cosmetics" was the precedent set ONLY with the 2014-2017 Survival Modes which only a handful of this development team was even around for. Certain Booster Bundle styles were "never supposed to return" but yet they are back on the second chance vendor. DCUO is a game that certainly doesn't deal in absolutes like that lol
    • Like x 4
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Theres booster bundle items on the second chance vendor, which ones?

Things in game can change you're right but equally so, they don't have too either, just because things can change doesn't mean they should...

From what I understand Charon said in that other thread he eventually intends to release multiple versions of pets, which will give you your tiers eventually, so what's actually the problem?
    • Like x 7
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The patented "Wait and see" approach very original of you, you might as well include that in your signature
  18. Mr.W Committed Player

I know this is sort of unrelated, but can we look into beefing up the uplink sidekick in the future? It would be nice if he/she provided more service to the player who summons then than it healing itself lol. Maybe aggroing more than one enemy too lol.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I might put it in my signature, let's wait and see ;)
    • Like x 7
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you don't, I will.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.