Valentine’s Day Hearts Supply Drop

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fm0987, Feb 21, 2021.

1. fm0987 Committed Player

Is it just me or does the “blowkiss” emote that’s plays when you use this supply drop have a longer animation than the normal one?
    • Like x 2
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

So does the Sorceror’s supply drop. For that reason I took the Sorcerer’s supply drop out of my tank loadout and went back to my metals supply drop.
  3. Jaelia Committed Player

It’s a little longer I believe because it’s starts emote once’s hearts start dropping but right away if I’m in bounties or raid and need to keep constant movement I block quick so I can cancel animation and get out the way, it just depends on how you prefer your gameplay when it comes to using supply drops I personally don’t mind the kisses I love it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

I was gonna make a thread when I got it a couple of weeks ago, but I decided to just forget it. Wouldn't be a problem if you could block/jump/tap cancel the animation. You are super locked in to the Blowkiss.

If you don't have many beneficial powers in your loadout, definitely don't use these new supply drops. That obviously means it's more of an issue for DPS than support roles.
    • Like x 1
  5. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

+1
    I was very disappointed at how long the animation was.
    took it out of my loadout as well
    • Like x 1
  6. fm0987 Committed Player

I only bought it on one toon just to test it out, but yeah even though it’s just a tad longer with the animation, it’s definitely a bit annoying mid combat. Probably won’t keep using it just for that reason.
    • Like x 1
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll change these to use the normal animations for now and attempt to get quicker animations made that match the animation speed you're used to from the normal animation in the future.
    • Like x 11
  8. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

i mean, i appreciate the novelty of it.
    maybe if it reacted differently in combat vs out of combat?
    • Like x 1
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I do love the blowing kiss, such a good idea for this skin. Anyway that can just be sped up?
    • Like x 1
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah some Orbitals and Supply Drops are longer/shorter than others. Personally I don't mind I like variety and if you get one shot for a few microseconds of animation, well... But I do prefer the Anti-Matter Orbital in that regard. It doesn't mess around and vaporizes targets ASAP.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rainnifer Committed Player

:eek: Hopefully that won't take too long I quite enjoy the supply drops having new animations to them
    • Like x 2
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Thank you Charon. You the GOAT. I do praise you and/or whoever worked on it for trying to work more and more visual variation in to the game. The thought and goal does not go under appreciated, at least not from me. I just think this was a case of function giving way to form just a tad too drastically.
    • Like x 1
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Shiiiiiiii, pop that supply while tanking a swarm of Shadow Trigon eye adds in COUe And that might be your a**. It matters for support too.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jcal Dedicated Player

Tanks have plenty to clip it with, though. That's what I was saying when I brought up beneficial powers. On my Rage tank I can clip this ridiculous animation with: Redirect Rage, Remorless Recovery, Hardlight Shield, Severe Punishment, breakout trinket, or a Personal Dampening Field. If I'm in a pinch, supply drop isn't gonna save my butt; it's too slow. It'll be the combo of supply clipped with a shield + prayer lol.

Then healers have priority heal. Easy-peasy clip. Trolls and power dump, same deal. Support roles can make it work (and again, this is all for fun. You don't have to use it). On the flip side, my Sorcery DPS (Might) has a buff trinket and Neo Venom Boost to clip with. That's it. That ain't gonna work, for me at least.

edit: Just saw Charon's post. Right on, Charon!! You're the best!
    • Like x 1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

In the past I always clipped it and also the pet summoning animation with the breakout trinket but I learned the hard way to save that for actually breaking out if Trigon hard stuns or does the panic while the eyes are still up. Also, supply drop is basically my last, last resort. If I’m popping it, that means everything else already on cooldown and I’m still taking heavy damage, so I’m usually out of options to clip it with. Yeah, supply drop is slow but it along with my atomic combo self heals have pulled me through several times when I needed to buy a few extra seconds.
    • Like x 1