Gender Change Token

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

Why are you so shocked and what's the point of this? lol Some people run a lot of alts, It's not new to MMO's or DCUO in general.
  2. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Don't be pretentious. No one is required or expected to have the same knowledge and experience that you do.
  3. Eve YouTuber

I am not, I literally didn't see the point in the comment because there are a lot of players on DCUO and in other MMOs that play more than one character. Also, you can literally have all 32 and still have no idea what you are doing. It's not about knowledge at all.
  4. Rainnifer Committed Player

I think they meant knowledge about a lot of players in DCUO and other MMOs having many characters, not being knowledgeable about the game itself. Personally I still find it a bit surprising seeing someone have so much, but that's because I can hardly manage one toon. Nothing negative is meant by this, I do understand the meaning and appeals to having so many and what you can or like to do with them all.
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

Ah ok. I was just surprised, guess the people I hang with are different crowd that play a lot of alts or more than one character.
    I still think there was so need to say that I was being Pretentious though, because I wasn't. Seems like a lot of misunderstanding.
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Wait, we can get 32?! I thought it was just 31 and that my next one would be my last (until they hopefully add more at some point)! I can do another after that?! (Have 30 now, will get 31st when I get my LP)
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

yeah with member and the max slots you can buy you can have 32 slots in total. I made a thread about it asking to give us more slots, hopefully its something they can take into consideration :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Panderus Senior Producer

Depends on how many there are in this state and if we still have the source files for them to more easily port it to the other genders body types. If we get that far we will have to see. My gut is that we will probably keep them gender locked as there will be more than we want to go back and update, if we get that far we will take a look.
    • Like x 3
  9. Eve YouTuber

I appreciate the response :)
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I remember a question like this was asked a long time ago. A significant portion of them were the hairstyles. (Like how the men have like beard/no beard options.)

But I can see how you would leave a few specific ones, gender locked, but there are a lot of male versions that would have been nice on females. Like, for example, Sector 3601 was chosen to just be a Male style, so the females got a Violet Lantern style instead. Kind of sad we had that.

Anyways, thanks for the response!
    • Like x 3
  11. Last Dragon Well-Known Player

100% needed tokens.
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

How can people do that? I have 3 toons only and I struggle quite a lot with them, imagine 32.

You crazy people are crazy.
    • Like x 1
  13. darth_paul Dedicated Player

It depends on how you play and what you do with the characters you have.

I have 17 characters, 8 male and 9 female. I decided that I was going to make one character for each power and that's it, and I won't make any more until there are any new powers added if that ever happens. If not, well, then, I am still happy with what I have. I have an extra two because I made doubles for Hard Light and Celestial based on the Hero and Villain aspects of each.

As far as my characters' genders go, being a male player, I started with a male character, but then I also wanted to make a female character, just because I thought that it would be fun to play with a female character. It had nothing to do with "gender Identity" or anything like that. I am a straight male and that's it, but it's just a character in a video game, I don't really see "myself" in any of them.

In the process of making all of these characters, I just basically went back and forth from male to female, and from hero to villain until in the end I got the split that I have today. If I want to play as one of my guys one day, I'll play one, and if I want to play as one of the girls, I'll play that character, no big deal. And, I play all 17 of them regularly, and it also helps that I only do DPS and I'm not concerned with any meta builds or anything, I just play to have fun with the game. That for me is how you balance it. It's all about play style.

Now, I can't say the same for when I play ESO. In that game I can only manage one character and that's it. I have no desire to create any more characters of every class, race, gender or whatever! LOL! Different game, different way of tackling how I like to play it.

And, incidentally, I play as a female wood elf in that game, and my decision to do that was to try something different in an Elder Scrolls game, because I was a male wood elf in Skyrim. I think that ESO does do gender change tokens, but they're programming as far as gear and costuming is very different than this game. In fact, you can indeed put male characters in dresses and female characters in suits if you want with some hilarious results! I would never be interested in changing a character's gender with a token though as I would just make another character as I have. But, if others want it and it can be done, whatever floats their boat.
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

Long time no see Wallachia :D
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

Yeah! My comp broke, so I got DCUO-less until I got it back days ago.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

"She's Amazing, she's Incredible, it's... THE AMAZING BEARDED LADY!!!!

[IMG]

Circus performer by day, heroic masked avenger by night!" ;)
  17. Darkwalker Active Player

We have an official DC character in DCUO that does that... and it's the earliest created character (that I'm aware of) in DCUO as well!

Doctor Occult was merged with his partner Rose Psychic and the two of them shared a body, appearing as the male Occult or the female Psychic as they each took turns.
    • Like x 1
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

Or we can just allow people to make rip-offs of Sailor Moon R characters, who swapped genders when using their powers. 0% practical, but 100% utopic.

DCUO - Now with even more customization options people will choose to ignore to make carbon copies of already invented concepts.
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Gotta look fierce! ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Actually wasn't aware of Doctor Occult's history. Not a big fan of Magic themed DC characters, but nice to know that there is canonized characters with this precedent outside of quite a number of Anime characters.

In another somewhat similar idea, there have been many legacy characters taking the mantle of their predecessor that were an opposite gender. One that is actually in DCUO as well, the Question.

So in that regard, a gender swap token would be similar to a body type, power, or movement token. Where they are actually making a different character.
    • Like x 1