Just FYI- The Majority if Texas has NO electricity

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Something is freezing over real soon.
    • Like x 9
  2. Wildcat Committed Player

power up the servers - mini game - most likely :D
  3. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

That is great news! We went without power for a few days and it sucked. Badly. Go get your hot pizza. Dominoes or Pizza Hut!?
  4. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

What could that be! We need info!
  5. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Or killerfrost,
    Or captain cold
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

[IMG]
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Or...Citizen Cold

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

I wonder if nine months from now the population of Texas will rise dramatically.

[IMG]

Stay warm, Devs!

...but seriously. Stay warm.
  9. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

What the state needs is more backup generators powered by propane and propane accessories.
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

I know you're making a reference to King of the Hill...but relying on natural gas and not winterizing the systems is almost exactly why the issue happened. That one stings, heh.

"More than half of ERCOT’s winter generating capacity, largely powered by natural gas, was offline due to the storm, an estimated 45 gigawatts, according to Dan Woodfin, a senior director at ERCOT."

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/16/natural-gas-power-storm/
    • Like x 2
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

Not so much. We're not used to it getting this cold down here, much less STAYING this cold.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

You'll adjust fast. Cuddling to "stay warm" can be magical. <3
    • Like x 1
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Charon the Cryptic everybody! Love it :p
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Since for some reason it’s not in human nature to learn from mistakes, I highly recommend making a strong demand to D.I.’s service provider that they properly winterize from here on out. I’d say to also take it up with local government but anybody familiar with the Texas state legislature and federal government representatives knows that’ll go nowhere. The lack of preparation on the part of infrastructure service providers is utterly atrocious and inexcusable. I feel for yall.