Just FYI- The Majority if Texas has NO electricity

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Feb 17, 2021.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

And guess where the DCUO Studios are!?

You guessed it. Texas.

I don’t even know how DCUO is playable. I would figure the headquarters are in Texas.

So developers-
    Please take care of your families first. Keep Safe and try to stay warm through this once in a lifetime winter storm.

Some of the dcuo community doesn’t even know where you guys are. So they are quick to post “Lagg complaints” “Fix DCUO NOW!” Complaints.

Forget about us for a second, and STAY WARM AND SAFE!

See you guys back on the forums soon Developers!

Drops Mic
    • Like x 9
  2. Eve YouTuber

Yeah I read about it on twitter. (It's trending) It's crazy. Best wishes and stay warm Devs.
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Huh, that’s a good point. How ARE the servers still wor-

*The servers vanish in a puff of logic*
    • Like x 1
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Server for NA is in Las Vegas
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Wow, just spoil my joke with your stupid facts why don’t you? :p
    • Like x 4
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I saw that episode of STAR TREK.
    • Like x 1
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Even if they were in Texas, they would be in a data center with redundant backups. The data center we use in IL for my work has Nat gas and Diesel backup generators and 'supposedly' could run without outside power for over 2 weeks.

Not sure I ever want to see it tested, but in theory it covers the power side at least.
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

Everyone has families and is going through something, nothing to do with me paying for a service, full price, and not getting full service. I was in a car accident, broke both legs. Couldn't do nothing, did DC give me a discount? Nope. I stay in Chicago. Got 10 inches of snow. Life happens. Blame global warming, blame who you want. Don't charge me full price for a service if you can't provide it.
    • Like x 2
  10. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

You could always get that new subscription discount. It’s a 14.99 plus tax discount. Just unsubscribe.

There ya go. Problem solved.

Take care of yourself Devs. We will be here when you guys get power back.
    • Like x 2
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

Once your 14.99 + tax is gone. It's gone. You do understand we pay a month in advance right? Anyway, Lag been bad before the snow storm.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

In places like Denver (where I’m originally from) cities are always well prepared for these situations. But I’m sure in Texas, local municipalities all over the state are looking up YouTube videos on “how to safely and effectively operate a commercial snow plow.” It’s an unfortunate situation and not one that we can blame and point fingers for the various ways it is negatively affecting people everywhere.
    • Like x 1
  13. AV Loyal Player

Or "how to retroactively winterize an entire electrical grid."
    • Like x 2
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

My understanding is that the businesses have power. It's the residences that don't. Because reasons.

Also, the studio is in Texas but the datacenter/servers may not be. I don't believe they are actually; I seem to remember them being located somewhere else but could be wrong obv.
    • Like x 1
  15. PHNTM Well-Known Player

The lag complaints are valid. Especially as they have been happening prior to the Texas problem.
    • Like x 2
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

But we don't know if the Daybreak offices have power or not, and with most (if not all) the dev team working from home there's no real way to know who does and doesn't have power and the ability to address problems. Plus if they're still doing rolling blackouts to prevent their grid from being overloaded, a member of the dev team could have power for a while and then lose it.

No idea about datacenters, either, but Mepps did say some of the problems might be weather related but they don't have the ability to check for sure on their end.

Extremely laggy & sluggish servers on USPS right now | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)
    • Like x 1
  17. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Hope All is Good Devs! I hear power is being restored slowly but surely!

Hope you guys stay warm!
    • Like x 2
  18. Panderus Senior Producer

Utilities are coming back online and most of us have power, heat and internet again. Most of last night and today will be making sure everyone is safe, able to work and verifying all of our tools are online. We also had several of us helping each other out where possible and commiserating over messaging services.

We will probably have an announcement about any weekend event changes tomorrow, sadly our servers to make and test changes were down to be able to change or test events. As someone noted, live servers are indeed in Las Vegas and don't seem to have had any real issues with the Austin studio services being down.

I'm just ready for the roads to be clear of ice so I can get a hot pizza and get more coffee creamer. That should be tomorrow if the weather reports are to be believed.
    • Like x 15
  19. Panderus Senior Producer

This depended on your service contract for power. We had power sometimes in the office, but it didn't usually do any good because we also lost A/C to cool our internal office servers and internet to get any data in or out of the office.
    • Like x 6
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I suddenly see all DLC plans scrapped for an upcoming "MR FREEZE IS THE WORST" episode.
    • Like x 5