Platform Discrimination - Love for Xbox, Lag for everyone else.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NanananananananaBatman, Feb 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Hahaha i used to just get my @zz whooped when i acted up lol wish i had it like that growing up!
    But im interested to see where this thread goes this week if anywhere. Ive opened 3 mega capsule n wouldnt mind taking a stab at a 4th
    • Like x 1
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Well you get where im coming from, If the PC/PS is abit disappointed for not getting anything. Thats fine, their community doesn't need it as bad as Xbox right now. Because if Playstation/PC exclusively got a bug and Daybreak handed out compensation to all platforms, im sure people on PS/PC would've been pissed that a unaffected platform got a free handout.
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed to ur point of if i didnt suffer same issue would i want same compensation (answer is of course not)
    Agreed to ur point about overall not caring too much in general
    Ur logic is still not related to the issue they were compensated for (give them incentive to stay and play). I can agree with that except ps an pc dont get the same treatment AND thats not the issue anyway. The issue is they were compensated (and compensated quite well) for an issue we have all the time an get nothing.
    If they didnt compensate then dont call it that. If it was just a “hey tell ur friends an come play” gift then whatever but i still question why the group floating the game for them doesnt get these gifts too. This wasnt that tho so its not a coherent r relevant argument.
    So again, if you want to sway me, u will have to do better.

My logic is fair treatment. If one platform is compensated for an issue then its the rite thing to do to extend that to all impacted not a specific platform. For me personally, its whatever BUT for the community or others i agree this should be a game wide plan not a specific platform one.
    • Like x 2
  4. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I thought PC monthly subscription was £8.99? Xbox monthly subscription is £11.99. Doesn't seem the same to me...
    • Like x 1
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

Dang, they really got all that?, there servers must have been pretty bad, i always say, i hope sony/xbox can work something out with daybreak/SOE to come over to cross platform with us, not going into why the switch won't cross with us, why i just did in another thread , but when ever i stream, i get Xbox players, coming on and wanto join and do some alerts, or event's "content in general," i feel bad for the, they are alone on there server , while. most newer Multiplayer games, have cross play with PC/PS/Xbox, as far as i know, like warzone, fortnite , big games like that are on all three right? or am i wrong and it's the same, i know i can log on fortnite same account just a different username, on my ps and pc. i thought i saw xbox players in the servers i was on for those games. but yea. that is a very good free gift, lol its like 30 dollars worth of stuff.
    • Like x 1
  6. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

J
    A good mom would explain to the little brother that it’s his sibling’s birthday, and that he’d get presents on HIS birthday. This kind of thinking is why we have participation trophies.
    • Like x 1
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Participation trophies are one of the worst ideas in human history!!!
    That said, your analogy doesnt correlate to those feeling slighted in this. Xbox players were compensated for interruptions in service. To hold the same standard, ps/pc should also be when they go through it. Its good business practice is all. Its not about entitlement. No one is entitled to anything. Its about holding a consistent standard is all.
    • Like x 2
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

What About Me?

By Ryan Miller

The “what about me” mentality has got to stop. It just blows me away to hear other people complain about not reaping the benefits of a nice gesture that was done for somebody else, or that they deserved to have something nice happen to them because it happened to someone else, or that another person was acknowledged for something they had a hand in. I’ve seen it happen in church, in business, in the home, and just about everywhere else I can think of.

What’s interesting is that if you ask somebody whether they want to see other people cared for, provided for, or blessed, most would emphatically say “yes.” Yet those very same people are the ones complaining that they don’t receive the same care, provision, and blessing others do.

The bottom line is that we can’t be selfish AND selfless. It’s about time we look at ourselves and consider the ways in which we view other people’s benefits and blessings. Are we truly happy for them or are we just happy because we kind of have to be because we said we’ll be happy for people in situations like that all the while deep down inside we’re hurt, envious, or angry because they got something and we didn’t.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

No i dont have a issue with you at all i just strongly disagree with you on this particular thing.

en·ti·tled

adjective

1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Now that i can agree with. As i said from the beginning, im neither advocating for or aginst. Im simply posing the logic in the business practice. I do think anyone experiencing interruption outside the expected norm (i.e. maintenance and updates) does deserve compensation of sorts. I say this not out of entitlement but because i pay for thr service so when not provided or provided adequately, compensation is standard business practice.
    I dont care that xbone got it and we didnt. I care that the fact xbone got it proves its w/in their capacity to “do the rite thing” by their customers. Now the fact that xbone got it and we didnt further begs the question as to why.
    This is a question that can lead us to devolve into attacking each others motives, form apples to oranges comparrisons and also completly irrelevant analogies all of which has been present in this thread.
    The solution is a green name to come and explain their rationale and/or defend their decision and give us the facts and/or criteria that warrants compensation. That would put any/all speculation to rest.
    I suspect they wont do this because they’d rather us just be upset or mad or bicker with each other than risk giving us something concrete to hold them to.
    Now, again, i agree fully with you about this false sense of entitlement ppl feel. Just cause xbone got something does not and should not mean that we on ps/pc do/should get same thing. However in this circumstance, a precedent has been set of sorts and thats being compensated for extra downtime/interruption or whatever the issue was. I get where ppl are coming from on this. Even then i believe its the businesses right to discriminate (which they clearly are). Unless im wrong (and i could be, i have been away a LONG time) im not aware of us getting compensated for the like while xbone didnt so unless wrong this is 1 sided.
    For me personally, i dont overly care even tho i think its shady business at best. What i do care about is being brushed aside as a member and paying customer.
    If McDonalds messes up my order what happens? Free fries for the trouble.
    If you pay for something and dont get what u pay for the seller in almost all scenarios compensates you. To me, this game should be no dif. Some of us buy a service and in my eyes deserve coMpensation NOT based on the fact someone else got it but based on the fact we didnt for our interuptions. I am happy xbone was compensated. Its a step in the rite direction and personally i’d like to see them take the next step and compensate any paying customer effected when they are effected.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Correct, as explained above and clarified by u just now. Definition of entitled is not what im saying. I dont think I or anyone deserves special or privileged treatment. I believe in good busines soractice and getting what u oay for and being properly compensated/reimbursed/etc as is done with almost any transaction in any business when you dont get 100% what u pay for.
    Also, i never said or thought u had anything aginst me. Friendly discussion as far as i was aware :)
    • Like x 2
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Actually that's very much not true, anyone under the manager giving out free food in most likelihood will be terminated. Having kiosk experience working with multiple carriers with carrier representatives, i can tell you thats not true @ all. I doubt they will address the thread, I'm sure doesn't come down to the devs or Mepps. Even if Mepps explained, most wouldn't accept his answer and proceed to dog-pile on a guy just trying to do his job.
    [IMG]
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

as i understand things the xbox issue affected the whole (or at least the vast majority) server/platform, and had made the game unplayable. Now lags and disconnects are annoying im not debating that, but its not the same as the game being unplayable hence why the xboxers were given the gift. I do feel that a free unlocked Resurgence cap was a bit much on top of all the other stuff.

but thats my 2 cents for whatever its worth. Have a great day! (unless you made other plans)
    • Like x 1
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Its def true because i and everyone i know uses the phrase “let me speak to the manager” who then proceeds to take care of the customer. And via customer service calls, theres limits they are scripted and allowed to do to take care of an compensate the customer OR they transfer you to a manager so its absolutely is true.
    Agreed fully thr devs wont respond and agreed at the probable result if they did for sure!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For sure and as i originally said, i dont know the details of the issue vs the issues we have on this side. My logic is based in an apples to apples comparison. If its not apples to apples then its not what im speaking directly to.
    I am for sure not comparing the game being down to lag or disconnects lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Yeah, NO. I work at a highly successful nationwide grocery store chain and we take care of our customers. Period. They even give us free reign to give out free flowers, open up free samples (pre-Covid) and a manager will happily walk over to take care of a problem that we aren't authorized to. Everything is accounted for and above board. In fact, there is actually a system in place for these kinds of situations because we take care of our customers so much. We know that word of mouth and customer satisfaction matters and we are extremely successful.

I'm going to be that guy now so apologies in advance. I've been in customer service for 20 years and I know what good customer service is. Anyone who has dealt with a bad company and then dealt with a good one later knows what good customer service is. And guess what company those people will continue to patronize? DC Universe Online is actually fairly fortunate that there is no real competition out there for them now and you can tell that they know this. If some other Superhero MMORPG rose up THEN we would start to see some actual changes. As it is now they have no reason to alter their business practices as we keep taking it in our faces and shoveling money into their pockets, myself very much included.

I love this game. Absolutely love it. I started back in June of last year and instantly fell in love with the immersive content, customizable characters and exciting feat hunting. But my love for it doesn't mean that I will accept any kind of treatment. Even after falling in love with this game, customizing my characters and bases just how I want them, and finding a quality, amazing, League full of great people isn't going to stop me from leaving if some meaningful changes aren't presented soon enough. But that is just me, I'm sure there are many more that are just too invested to stop at this point and I honestly can't blame them. This game has me hooked as well and I've spent way more than I'm comfortable putting on a public forum. But everyone has a breaking point.

Bottom line is if you want a game to really grow and prosper as you said customer retention is key! These very things that I've been outlining in this topic are all things to guarantee customer retention. Take care of your peoples and they will take care of you.

Don't you think it's telling that there are this many people willing to risk the ire of DI in order to post about these issues?

Some of you folks have a very twisted version of what entitlement is.
    • Like x 3
  17. NanananananananaBatman New Player

Whoa , watch your tone there little buddy. You might be the CEO of Shills,Sycophants,and Suckups LLC in your spare time , but you have 0 authority to be telling people what to do / how to feel etc . The only thing Daybreak's *** is covered in is eskimo kisses from brown nosers like you and the other yes-men/women on this thread and this forum and other "communicative" venues they use. Your obnoxious post formatting , and quoting other people doesn't really demonstrate anything other than you're incapable of formulating your own arguments or rationale to (falsely) justify them so you have to copy and paste things other people's points and definitions in a long reach to defend your supposed point (or lack thereof). All your bolded oversized and colored text is the equivalent of the weakest dog (you and your supposed "argument") barking the loudest.

If you were capable of basic reading and comprehension ,moreover thinking before you posted , you certainly failed to demonstrate that. Funnily enough, I actually agree with the latter half of your post - a large portion of my own being geared at ensuring they do the third part . However the first half reeks of exactly what you're complaining and pointing fingers about - namely ignorance and entitlement( you are another who seems oblivious to the actual definition of this) . I also took a little look at your post history and see that you essentially signed up on this forum to complain. I don't say that to shame you , because I'll admit I more or less did the same thing. No one likes downtime , never mind lags, crashes ,technical errors ,etc. I repeatedly said what they did was a step in the right direction , However , whereas you posted once about it , and got rewarded with something that takes way more than 2 days to acquire , the vast majority of the playerbase has gotten zilch for similar and moreover far greater/chronic problems for around a decade now after myriad posts , reports to support , and very likely many other avenues of "communication" ( I've only witnessed 1/10th of that to be fair but gauging the reactions from my previous post , they're used to far far worse treatment , and that's the entire problem. ) . I originally signed up because of 4 days of downtime due to a technical patching error that affected a wide swath of players during a bonus stab. week , the downtime was due to the patcher and both support and the forums/devs didn't give so much as a fragment . When i asked for 4 stabilizers missing from the 4 days , I got 0 help from support, referred to the forums , some people echoing my confusion , and then others enabling the devs' inaction of not responding just like they haven't to this thread. So how is it mathematically fair , that you get 2 days of downtime , and get rewarded with something that takes 35 days to get and a slew of other rewards ? I don't know about differences in sub prices , but if you see it as a problem , instead of trying to be a little wise*** about a problem affecting the majority of the playerbase , and hijacking this thread and making it about you and your problems, go make your own . If it is the case that there is a discrepancy, I agree it is a problem and should be brought up . But that doesn't seem the case , and you seem to have come in here offended and wanted to complain some more about your problem (which again, if true is valid ). Look, I don't hate your playerbase or platform but out of the 3 of you on this thread I can see , only one is acting sensible and not like some spoiled rotten brat after they got a really nice prize. To reiterate, I don't want them to take your gifts away or anything , but answer for pretty much giving the rest of the playerbase the cold shoulder when similar and again much larger problems have occurred.

Yep . Speaking of which I found my old thread regarding a 4 day downtime , that had over 1200+ views and they didn't set foot on that one either. Here it is for all of your viewing pleasure. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...wntime-last-week-for-affected-players.312551/ . A similar dynamic of folks both confused and looking for a response and then sycophants excusing the devs' flippant behavior in regard to this . Oh yeah and again, not to mention 0 response from the devs.

Sure , I agree with this to a large extent. Treat everyone the same , the reason I brought up the playerbase isn't because certain populations are small and don't deserve anything. That isn't what I'm saying at all , it's just appalling that they ignore and stiff the vast majority of the playerbase while catering to the select few. That is where the population portion of my argument is coming from by comparison.

You can't speak for anyone else , but you repeat your sycophantic yes-man behavior every time this sort of thing is brought up. You seem to be the secretary of Shills Sycophants and Suck-ups LLC. On both threads regarding this , you made snide remarks when people bring this up as the problem and act like the devs are taking the correct approach by ignoring this and not making things up to the playerbase since you personally never seem to have any problems logging in and playing .... or if you do you're just so mature that you avoid the game till external sources tell you its safe to play again. There is absolutely something that needs to be done if even larger problems (double recently , and from your own admittance in the past far longer and much larger and scope)

Shout out for the one easily identifiable Xbox player in this thread through icons below their avatar. See you're someone I can be completely happy they got that nice gift , because you're being sensible about this topic and asking the right questions and following a rational path of thinking in regards to this. I don't fault the people trying to explain the behavior because that was one of the questions asked in the first place , but everyone condescending on players that have gotten screwed out of any sort of recompense when faced with aforementioned larger problems. Again ,it's good they FINALLY took a step in the right direction by making it up to players for once , but mathematically it almost seems like they gave Xbox all enough gifts to make up for the value to compensate for the downtimes and values for all the platforms , and gave the others close to or absolutely nothing.

Yes , the math is all off , and yes pretty much every single MMO / interactive online game i've been playing for over a decade makes up for it , never mind most have nowhere close to this many bugs,glitches,crashes,errors,downtime,etc and don't even have to worry about that in the first place. But if they have had any downtime (often a matter of minutes or hours) they usually make some gesture to make up for it instead of ignoring their playerbase moreover giving preferential treatment and having double....or rather quadruple standards (4 platforms ) like DBG seemingly has done so far.

You , my friend ( don't know you personally , but we have been on the same page more than once before) have made tons of sensible posts in this thread and my last one regarding a similar topic . I can only quote stuff from one page at a time , but yeah folks - to my recollection this fellow has decades of experience for a place that is known for pretty much the highest level of customer service in its field . His perspectives on the topic are thus highly credible. I've personally worked at a store in a similar field as soon as I was legally old enough to work at a place in the same field that was not especially known for excellent customer service. However if i screwed up even back then , I was either made to make it up to the customer or reprimanded for a complaint and the higher ups proceeded to attempt to rectify it right for the customer . This is not a unique precendent. This is basic commonplace customer service ,and for the longest time , Daybreak has shown close to absolutely none to the majority of its playerbase when myriad problems have arisen. And that is completely ridiculous , and threads like these are geared at changing that.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As the issue was supposedly system wide AND DBGs fault (unlike a lot the PSN login outages where it's PSN's fault not DBG), I can see them giving out 'some' compensation. The package seems a bit overkill though, especially with the unlocked mega + source + replays + hearts...all things that have a real value in game. Any one of the above would have been a fair compensation for a few days down (what was it ...2 days?). And while us complaining about it vs past issues we've seen won't do much, I'd like to think the next time we have a major outage on DBG's issue, we'll be seeing something similar. If not...let the pitchfork sharpening begin! I'll be in the mob as well.

Personally I'm not sure I remember the last system wide 2 day outage we had that was NOT a DDOS or a PSN issue....and even then they were sporadic. I'm sure when it happens though, we will all remember the precedent set on the Xbox last week.
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, setting aside the attempts at personal attacks (I don't see myself rising to the rank of secretary anyhow, too much responsibility comes with titles like that :D ) if there were a serious issue that might call for some kind of compensation I probably wouldn't have an issue. That's why I have no problem with what was given to the Xbox players due to the problems they were experiencing. Not having the game world render or experiencing a higher volume of crashes calls is pretty serious.

But something like lag? That's WAY too generic of a complaint, not to mention a problem that is, under the best circumstances, very difficult to track down the source. It could be your connection. If you're on PC it could be a result of hardware problems on your own end (lack of memory, slow hard drive, forgetting to turn off background apps). It could be a problem with their network. It could be a problem with your service provider. And so on and so forth.

If I were to use a fast food restaurant experience for comparison, what Xbox users experienced would be having whole parts of their order missing. Lag to me would be the equivalent of something like them forgetting the pickles on the burger or keeping onions on it when you ordered no onions. Demanding the same sort of compensation that someone got for having whole parts of their order gone when you just had some missing pickles is silly, and making a mountain out of a molehill over it is even sillier.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Different platforms do not update their currency exchange at the same time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.