I wish these raids were challenging once again!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Feb 13, 2021.

1. BƖack Dedicated Player

Soo i've been doing lately FOS 1 2 3, Prime Battleground, Themyscira, Paradox Wave and Nexus.

While i was doing these raids i wonder why this amazing and so fun raids can't be a challenge again like they was in the past? Honestly i wish we could experience this glorious times once again.

Like make one of these raids described above let's say once a month? really difficult like they were back in the days?

What you guys think?
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

They can just take off some of your gear.
    • Like x 6
  3. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Sure I don't see why not. I've said this so many times just make the elite raids very difficult. I just get annoyed when the same players who were asking for difficult raids end up speed hacking or using exploits. If they're going to add harder raids, I want regular crackdowns on hackers and exploiters as well.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can walk into any of those raids solo. Enjoy the difficulty.
    • Like x 4
  5. BƖack Dedicated Player

I agree that going solo on these raids brings the nostalgia and fun it is enjoying...

But it's another thing to go there solo at 331cr and take like zero damage from bosses while doing a massive damage to the boss..

And another thing is to go there with full league and die/try to survive from heavy boss attacks while doing low damage to the boss. ;)
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

As i said before if you take off some gear those raids will be hard again, you don't have to go in at 331 you can take stuff off and go in at cr 50 and try and solo it lol. You can even go to the t3 vender and buy old gear and equip that and if you really want it like before also take off your arts.
    • Like x 3
  7. BƖack Dedicated Player

I would like to experience these raids with my current gear/cr and arts... also see some new rewards from it.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Last night I queued into the Batscape duo and had a low cr toon leave me at the start. It was awesome. I'm overgeared enough that the instance posed little challenge but it was so nice to just take my time going through it without having someone rushing to shave a minute off their time or be top dps.

we really do need portals into all instances.

and opening up all the mentor missions and making them end game difficulty.
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think it's a "you can't go home again" kind of situation.

The wonder and amazement at running a new piece of content for the first time will only last so long. The more times you visit it and run it, the better you know it and the less you can be surprised by it. Eventually running it becomes something like muscle memory. Even if you up the levels to match your CR or take off gear and lower yourself to the CR of the content, that challenge will eventually no longer exist because you know the content inside and out (if you don't already know it inside and out).

And speaking personally, I'd rather the devs be putting their efforts towards looking forward rather than looking backwards when it comes to content. I'm not at endgame levels, but even I know the desire for and consumption of new content is pretty strong. Even if it's just one piece of content they did this with every so often, that's time and manpower taken away from making new content that can challenge or entertain the playerbase, especially if any demands for new rewards with revisited content had to be met.
    • Like x 2
  10. Aesthete Well-Known Player

Well I don't.