LPVE Ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aspar Agus, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

I loved these bonus weeks and came up with a few ideas on how the immersive LPVE experience can be improved for all to enjoy.

1. 8 man LPVE
    2. Elite LPVE instances
    3. LPVE bounty spam instances
    4. Additional feats!!! Maybe counter feats for each of the possible team ups for each instance.. going up to 250.
    5. LPVE specific artifacts
    More ideas welcome.
  2. Eve YouTuber

No more counter feats please....no more.

There is no point adding new instances\make it 8 man when legends itself is not the most fun and engaging for most.
    The legends don't feel like legends, they hit like a pillow in a pillow fight.
    • Like x 5
  3. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Please. For the Love of all that is good. No more LPVE. 0. None. I will never que up LPVE again. Got al the counter feats FINALLY done. Stop the pain.

Ps. Thanks devs for the bonus weeks for LPVE
    • Like x 3
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Legends toons already hit like pillows, the last thing we need is higher health pools and more punishing mechanics. Seriously, I doubt anyone outside of you wants MORE challenge in this sleep inducing game mode.

And as for additional feats, this is the first i'm hearing any demand for more feats when people just want to be done with LPvE and to never return.

As for LPvE artifacts...really...we don't have enough artifacts (with more coming with every new episode) already??? Unless these LPvE artifacts are 100% earnable only through LPvE at a reasonable rate, this is a non-starter.
    • Like x 1
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

A massive and unequivocal thumbs down from me to any additional LPVE of any kind. I’m retired.
    • Like x 5
  6. IonHero Committed Player

Clearly they need to add feats Bombshell Legends I - VI
    and LPvE seasonal event instances.
  7. Eve YouTuber

I hope you are not being serious. People are already done with the current grind we have because you are required to run the instances for so long because of low damage, It's just not fun and it takes away from feeling like a legend.
    And why would we need a lpve version of seasonals? this is useless. I wouldn't touch PVE at all unless they do a update to up the damage. I like games that let you play as Iconic characters, but this is what games like Injustice are for.

I mean it makes sense for Legends PvP, but not so much for Legends PvE. This mode just didn't work out, and adding more feats and instances to it before they even fix all Legends and up damage is useless move and waste of money from their side because I know a large portion of the community that doesn't want that. And you can just read the comment above to see that people are not interested.
    • Like x 2
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

More red barrels :cool:
    • Like x 2
  9. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

1: No thank you, it's already hard enough to find 3 players to play with, without someone complaining how boring it is.
    2: No thank you, Roleless non-customizable Toons would be bad in Elites.
    3: NO! NO MORE BOUNTY SPAM! I love DCUO so NO MORE! :confused:
    4: I wouldn't be entirely opposed to more Feats. Not more per map tho, but like suggested above, maybe some new ones.
    5: No thank you, just no.

Give Legends Damage Role. Remove Roleless debuff, keep Roleless buffs. I don't do pvp, so I don't know if it would be bad for that, but it is the fix I want for LPvE.

Then add Gorilla Island, HIVE Moonbase and Oolong Island as maps. I especially want Gorilla Island, since it is so encredibly seldom I get to play it in a group at-cr, who knows what they're doing :(

Give each "new" map the usual Feats, Exploration and Speed, 4 Team-Ups Hero/Villain, 4 Toons for a checklist each Faction.

While I would love newer Alerts, I imagine they would need balancing, since they're balanced around Artifacts, Augments and SP in a way those 1-30 Alerts are not.

Add more Toons. Starfire, Beastboy, Raven, Zoom, Gorilla Grodd. Maybe add counter Feats to Titans, tho I'm not sure if Nightwing, Wonder Girl and Donna Troy should then count for both Titans and Batman/Wonder Woman. Maybe don't add counters, considering the responses in this thread :p

Sell the updated skins as more are added, both in-game and via Marketplace, but I love DCUO so let me keep the original Donna Troy and Jester Harley. No offence Meg, but that new skin is very much #NotMyDonna
    • Like x 2
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm not really taking advantage of bonus week 2. i completed my goals last week and got 30 feat points for it. i plan on getting 20 more by thursday which for me means 15 runs. i grinded a little too much last go around.

i would have liked to see a few more teen titans...especially kid flash. i would have loved to see a set of kid flash, wonder girl, speedy and aqualad done up in their classic silver age costumes.

its not a ground breaking idea but giving special benefits to specific teams could have been fun. bonuses if you're in a group of justice leaguers, titans, bat family, "superfriends", all kryptonians or lanterns etc...

we should lpve all mentor missions in game.

also it should give a couple of source marks every day.
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'd happily not play any of that
    • Like x 1
  12. Caroline Dedicated Player

Hell to the no.
    • Like x 1
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I would rather see add x25 or something like that. x10 is too slow to get the feats
    • Like x 2
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I was talking to some players while running last night.... how about instead of just 10x runs, we get 10x barrels??? Like the walls of every boss fight are lined with them. Even for just a day lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Absolutely. Even at 10x it's still torture and not fun.
    • Like x 1
  16. Darth Piper Loyal Player

This... 1000 times over.

You spend a lot of time working on your character to get him or her up to a certain level and ability and then you have to go into an instance that's clamped, doesn't match your play style (Legends is like playing with a Hybrid focus)... and saying that they hit like a pillow in a pillow fight is an understatement at best.

I still have some of the counter feats to complete (the level V and VI ones) because for me to have spent an entire week getting all of my counters done would have been mind numbing. I am quite happy that they do this kind of thing and hope they continue to do it in the future... but right now beyond helping friends and league mates get some team-ups done I am kinda done with LPVE for this particular bonus week. At 10x, I still need 50 runs each in all of the genres... so run LPVE 350 more times? My brain would turn to mush.

Please... keep these bonus weeks coming around once in a while... 3-4 times a year, tops. They provide a nice diversion once in a while... but are not something I want to invest every waking moment in game doing. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Totally disagree, we need more instances to play and toons, I need to fight against Terra as Nigjtwing, I also need to fight alongside the legion of superheroes as Superman, I need...well, you get my idea I guess. And by the way "fun" is something subjective and I enjoy them a lot.

Here you have a good point and I see this as a goofy alert that I would play, I can see me as Batman asking to Alfred for more pillows.

Totally agree, we...well, I need this, more alerts (or solo or duo or raid or wathever) and more toons.

People just complains because they need to have all the feats in the world, me? I have like 20 sp and I don't care at all. I just like to have some fun and to kill a boss with two shots is not fun at all.
  18. Eve YouTuber

Fun is indeed subjective, but I don't find it fun when I'm hitting such low numbers and the instance takes ages to beat.
    As I mentioned before, I love playing as Iconics. I even had iconic characters in the past(Only have Grail now) and I love playing games like Injustice. I do play the Wonder Woman solo a lot too. But Legends PvE Itself is just a drag and exhausting and needing to get all those feats is not fun, and it doesn't really encourage players to want to play this.

Damage should be upped, the instances should be fixed (See Trigon's prison) and so we shouldn't have to use barrels to have a "Quick Run". I want to feel like Wonder Woman when I play Wonder Woman, not like a wanna be that hits really bad. The whole idea of us in DCUO is being the next Legend, and it takes from the fun for me and my friends who don't enjoy LPVE as It's just super boring in It's current state.

I would LOVE new Maps and Legends but why add them before fixing what needs to be fixed?
    I seriously don't want to do another 1000 times as a Teen Titans character. Those feats are boring and not rewarding.
    I like my grind to make me feel rewarded when I finish something.
    • Like x 1
  19. kingmonkey Active Player

On the subject of LPVE, is the System Breaker feat in the Hall of Doom Armory LPVE even attainable? A 2-minute time limit on the feat, when our team is mounting an offensive comparable to a gentle massage on the Brainiac System Breaker's armour... Has anyone gotten this feat and how?

The damage issue does bother me. It makes for very, very long alerts. I enjoy them, in principle, but I don't like that it can take an hour to finish some (looking at you, Paradox Wave). It makes Black Adam seem like a lightweight, and Batman seem like an out-of-shape schlub when they struggle to beat some of the lowest-level peons in an operation.
  20. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Red Barrels. 8 will kill him. Any map with Barrels (except Blüddhaven) it is (sadly) faster to backtrack and stock up on Barrels than fight the Boss.