!!LANTERN RING ACCESSORIES!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AlmightyEagle, Nov 22, 2019.

1. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I love the lore and info you just dropped lol thanks ^-^.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jaelia Committed Player

+1 Agree completely :D
    • Like x 2
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Indigo makes the most sense, considering that they heal in the comics. Also, since they use the powers of other lanterns at times, the dev team could save time and finances by reusing assets that exist within the other lantern powers presently. The indigos are also neutral in terms of alliance, so just like rage, the powerset could be worn by villains and heroes
    • Like x 1
  4. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Using Saint Walker to do so, Sinestro also proved that blue rings can supercharge yelliw rings too, and possibly others as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Whazues Well-Known Player

personally I would like to see all the lantern power rings not just select green (will), yellow (fear) or red (rage). but also have blue (hope), orange (greed), violet (love), indigo (compassion), black (death) and white (life) lantern ring powers being available to choose from or atleast change the color of the rings. Because while the indigo lanterns are neutral and would be a healer the same could be said for the violet lanterns a.k.a the star sapphires due to their emotion of love they would be good healers as well for the hero faction. The black lanterns while pretty much when they kill someone they use their powers to resurrect them and in the process it turns them into black lanterns so they'd be like that of a healer for the villains side. After all they already have all 9 lantern emblems in the game also along with 8 out of the 9 lantern style sets as well. So why not make it official and make it possible to make all 9 lantern powers to be selected from in the character creator screen. I have a star sapphire make shift character with the powers of water because of 1: healing and 2: the constructs but i would like to have the violet ring power of the star sapphires so this away i can see the ring glow as well. But until then i'll just role play her as a star sapphire whose ring lost it's power due to something interfering with all the lantern rings after she fell out of a time worm whole and ended up in the time of her great grand mother Carrol Ferris. So until she can find away to power her ring back up she will have to fall back onto her ability to control water. Her ability to control water comes from her father whom was an atlantean and her mother whom was a Star Sapphire but both had died in her time against the anti-monitor when she was only 16 and her mothers ring chosed her to become a Star Sapphire. Because of how strong the love in her heart was for her family and her world now she is stuck in the past that may never have a future if she doesn't step up and help.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

With lanterns what people mainly want is new lantern powers, not just accessories and in my opinion it would be high time Daybreak looked into the subject, because I think there is enough subject, to show that people have high expectations for a new lantern power and in particular, a heal lantern power that is in just about every head (I think) !!

As for the story of the rings on the hands I'm not really for the idea of seeing everyone as a kind of Thanos of the lanterns in the game it might be too messy and overshadow the lantern powers of the game, even if the idea might be nice.
    • Like x 1
  7. Toshknight Loyal Player

indigo lanterns were created for a race, and other beings that had no compassion or feelings for others, shoot i don't think the original indigo 1 had any emotions, so the indigo battery and rings, gave indigo 1 and monk, along with any one else that was "i believe forced to have the rings" i am not sure why they were given the rings, but what they do is, feed off of the emotions around them , intensifying the emotion , so almost like the vampires from Vampire diaries, true blood hehe. "i know Vampires" "but im a fan" once they are turned/ wearing the rings, every emotion is heightened, but vampires can turn there emotions off. and the indigo lanterns were given these rings to experience emotions to empower them more for the better and give them focus.

When say , indigo 1, goes to battle to help hal jordan, she would be powered up with willpower thx to her ring, and there is no cap on how many different rings or emotions can influence them, i know they are not only influenced by other rings, but by there enemies, and just regular beings around them. technically. she helps hal jordan, while fighting something, Saint walker shows up, indigo 1 would effectively have similar powers to hal jordan, plus her innate abilities. the ring has not been explored as much as it should have been so far, or used in this game yet , there are a bunch of awesome things and storylines they could do with this that would have been way better then the mist, "i liked the mist don't get me wrong" but the indigo ring alone offers so much more then the 1 episode that was suppose to be a huge 3rd DLC of War of the light 3, but we got gipped on that one, by getting that small 25% completed section of mist metropolis, the operation/raid, with 1 or 2 not very appealing dailies in that black lantern area of metropolis mist, that does not have a daily replay value like WOL2 and WOL1 had so much to explore and do.

they switched to the episode style As they were developing Halls of power 3, and WOL 3, so we didn't get the propper expansions sadly, hopefully in the future they can give us a Lantern DLC that is like legion , thanagar, or Themyscrya , they started doing some amazing areas, oh yea and the World war 1 area, that was awesome. anyway, i have not read every comic or story with indigo lantern's i only know the gist of them and how they work for the most part. so hope this helps your understanding. there could be some small differences then my explanation but for the most part that's how the indigo compassion rings work. i think they might even not all have rings, i think indigo 1 uses a staff , but that could be her power battery, no idea.
    • Like x 2
  8. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

You're very welcome! I'm a big Lantern fan, especially Geoff Johns' run. I own all omnibus volumes of his run and read them regularly. It's great stuff!
    • Like x 2
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I think the biggest problem with the ability to use the hard light power and be able to adjust it would be a barrier set by DC Comics. For example, they probably aren't keen on the idea of having a blue lantern villain, or an orange lantern hero. Aside from that, it seems like DC is very protective as far as how their powers can be used in the game, and they have to fit in with the comics and cannon. That's why, for example, an Orange Lantern power wouldn't work. Sure, someone could do some reaching to explain how it could, but at the end of the day there is ONE Orange Lantern, and he doesn't give power, he certainly won't heal anyone else,
    Now if you look at the alignment of powers based on corps:
    Red: Generally Bad, but tend to be more anti-hero (Guy Gardner)
    Orange: Bad
    Yellow: Bad
    Green: Good
    Blue: Good
    Indigo: Neutral/Good
    Violet: Good/Bad.
    White: Good
    Black: Bad

Now, we'd have to take into account that if they were to add another lantern power (This is just for discussion, I know we won't get one probably ever) They'd have to have a counterpart for both alignments. and it would have to make sense with the role.
    Black and White would be out because in the comics, they're too OP. Theoretically though, they'd be acceptable as healing powers, because they can both "revive" people.

Red/Green/Yellow are already in the game.

Orange is out (see above)

Blue doesn't have another counterpart that does something similar.

Indigo COULD work, but the villains that have been a part of the indigo tribe don't have control of themselves, so that would be out.

Violet would be GREAT and it COULD work similar to Red Lantern powers, because there are some heroic and some villainous..BUT..In the comics, with VERY few exceptions, males are not capable of wielding a violet ring without being host to the predator entity. This would be a situation where DC would want to protect the lore here and don't want a bunch of male Star Sapphires running around.

these are just some of my thoughts as to a possible explanation as to why we wouldn't get lantern powers, or the ability to change lantern colors.
    • Like x 3
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

it wouldn't be like having every ring on at once, that was an option for the idea. if your a Green lantern, / Light you would simply have the ring you wish to put on , either just over right the one you have on, or as a design addition they could make it like the kyle rayner npc, and give us 2 rings, honestly i would rather have it just go over and change the heroes "glowing Green" to Blue, Indigo, or violet. And the Villains Amber"sinestro corp" yellow to Orange, Indigo and Violet. while just changing the color of the constructs to the color ring you have one, and u could cosplay your character as the corresponding lantern. i also have thought about putting one of these rings, that would be like the speedforce ring , giving you speed, but with the flight, maybe it would'nt give a none HL powerset character a glowing ring hand. at all, i sometimes thought it would be cool to either have a blue ring on water or solar, but... it would probably just be easier for the devs to do The construct/ ring color appearance alterations for the Light powers,hero and villain and just have the Flight given to Every other non Light power sets. that would be developmentally the easiest and make it soe every player even though just like every other accessory / style, could be turned off, it just would be easier to just apply the Lantern corp colors to the Light Corps.

Red lanterns i have thought about it, it shouldn't change anything or add anything to red lanterns, cause that would be too much IMO, being with the lore Red lanterns, rings effect the users body and blood, in a way, not as gnarly as it use to cause they PG tuned it down, from totally changing the organs and blood to plasma, and not able to remove the red ring without dying, they made it so a blue lantern, still could heal them, but they could also will themselves to take the ring off, they kind of made the red lantern ring like the lord of the rings, type of rings, you golem out. but can Bilbo Baggins your way off the ring into a Green lantern or to a Razor style lantern changing from red to blue lantern like they were doing in the Green lantern animated series. WHICH SUCKS THEY CANCELED ALONG WITH Young justice,

At least young justice got brought back, but Green lantern A S didn't. that was Getting SOOOOO awesome and razor was an amazing new character created for that show, wish he would have been put into comic canon
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Blue and Violet could also work as healer, but IDK for Orange. Maybe another controller.
    • Like x 1
  12. Toshknight Loyal Player

yes that would be cool and I'm sure everyone that wants the other lantern corps styles to show up for players in 1 way or another, but honestly, if they make another lantern powerset, it would need to be healer, and blue lantern fits that bill, for villain it would be orange, but, that kind of goes against, the emotion, that or star sapphires, it's tricky , the orange lantern, is mainly bad, / villain, unless he HAS to work with the Green lanterns or another hero affiliation.

the Red lanterns, were all villains, but in time, became, part time allies, more then orange, but they kind of neutral, that's why they made them hero and villain, which works ok. then you have Indigo, which is Straight up compassion for either side, depending on the situation. so they would be a good healer because the indigo corp uses the emotions of life forms emotions around them, and when they are around other rings, they can , / are sort of forced to feel the emotion of the other lantern corps members in their presence that's why the members if you notice in game, seem very straight faced and boring, because they have no compassion without those rings, no humanity, but they aren't as popular or wanted as much as blue lantern, and you can't make blue lanterns for hero and villain, so they could also use star sapphires as villains, because they like the red lanterns are neutral, so that could work.

so in all honesty just making a totally new power would be better at this point, and doing the Powerset Light blue/indigo/violet/orange would be the best bet for the rings of flight / construct re color would be the best thing, just replacing hero lanterns with blue or indigo Violet, and Villain gets, Orange , indigo and Violet, with the ring chosen to buy, like the flash ring that grants us superspeed, "currently using it on my acrobatics batman, turned him into red death" he is awesome hehe.
    or they could just add a Powerset style tab/add it to the accessory tab, or materials tab, doing the same thing without the flight, but changing the Light powers construct color and ring color, but then what would would non light users see, just the ring? or nothing at all. thats why i think the ring is the best idea, cause non light users would still get the flight, but nothing else. its very simple to break down into a good idea, once thought about.

but if anyone suggests that players should be able to stylize as a black or white lantern, with the constructs. not ever gonna happen, and i never say that lol, but in this case it won't, besides the emblems and stuff but that's it. those are temporary and not around much, and way too powerful. being there is only 1 white lantern at a time, it wouldn't even work if they wrote a version for this game, and i doubt they would ever be able to anyway, and the black lanterns, are just pure death, with Raising the fallen heroes and villains, at the users will as black lantern zombies. and the white lantern is very cruel as well. it brings people back to life, but kills the person that is brought back, once they have done what they were needed to do . and are put back in the ground and the power battery literally controls the user almost. and you have to master every other ring and emotion before even considering to try and control that thing, boston brand, aka deadman really got screwed over with the white power battery, Kyle Rayner kind of has control when he uses it, cause he has every emotion mastered, batman was probably the only good hero to wield the black lantern ring, and used it for good, but it doesn't end good for either for the un trained, so hopefully they leave those out, cause it will cheapen how special they both are.

So. at the end,
    best idea is to just do the cosmetic flight ring and not make another controller, the healer power would be ok, but we still wouldn't have the other colors, so i'm not for that.

New powers, we have the Light ring, and that alone , it's not called Willpower, or Fear, its called light, so. they construct colors can be manipulated with a style change also

CHEERS DCUO FANS
    Have a good Wednesday
    • Like x 1
  13. Toshknight Loyal Player