I think its time

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AdaptiveAndroid, Feb 5, 2021.

1. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

We have loads of Materials and Chromas but how possible would it be to add a Louis Vuitton or Gucci Chroma? Is it something we can expect in the future?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Those aren't DC property so what do you think.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They pay WB/DC to license their IP, what makes you think they would fork out the cash to pay yet another licensing fee (probably a pricey one too) to include something that has ZERO to do with Superheroes or Comic Books??? o_O
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

They would have to make a DC Universe knock off brand - like Big Belly Burger and Soder Cola.

And though it was mocking DC’s parent company, I have to mention the Verner Brothers movie studio that Blue Devil was attached to:

[IMG]

In fact, here’s a list of many DC Universe brand names. Haven’t seen some of them in-game yet:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Businesses
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

There's almost zero chance. These are premium brands and their logos and patterns are copyright their respective owners. They could cut a deal with those brands and technically make it happen, but since there's no demand for this (you're likely the only person playing the game who wants to be a billboard for these brands) there isn't much reason to get in touch with them and make that deal.

They could make faux knock off brands like others mentioned. Stacy's, BigBelly Burger, and so on are already in-universe knockoff brands so the precedent is there. Again, probably no demand other than you though.
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Not practically possible. No, you can't expect it.

P.S.: it's a ridiculous question. Use some common sense. This isn't Second Life.
    • Like x 1
  7. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Not completely ridiculous. Daybreak’s former parent company had something called Playstation Home that had plenty of licensed logos and clothing styles and name branded items through promotions etc.
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I sincerely hope not.

High fashion, couture, and style are all integral parts of both the society and the game, but integration of something that exists sheerly for the status symbol value alone is distasteful.

I pride my (real life) self on looking like I spent 1000 dollars when I may have invested 80. I don't respect a 5,000 dollar purse in person; doesn't make the person holding it any better. I also don't spend money on Armani when Jo Bank will do (and I even shop below that bar).

Hard pass.
    • Like x 3
  9. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

As cool al real life designer would be. Daybreak would have to pay for the rights to that stuff. Plus I don’t think DC or WB would be too excited about a superhero game promoting fashion trends.
  10. Eve YouTuber

How would that even work? plus as others said, these are copyrighted protected brands.
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Louis Vuitton ? Gucci ?

[IMG]