Atomic tank + neo venom not working as intended

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Elpower, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Elpower Active Player

Hi all,

I recently switched to atomic tank and wanted to try a different artifact setup (everyman prototype) than the one I used to carry. (manacles, mystic, eye)

Because the test server is down, and I do not plan to upgrade an artifact in Live before making sure it is worth it, it occurred to me to use the NEO VENOM SC (90% defense increase) and perform calculations based on the percentage increase from the Everyman Prototype.

To my surprise I noticed that in my ATOMIC TANK, the defense only went up 45-46% in tank role, and 90% in dps role. Last month I was Earth tank, and my defense was up perfectly 90% with the NEO VENOM SC.

I wanted to consult with the rest of the Atomic Tanks that read the forum if they can verify that this bug is general and it is not happening only to me.
    The tests were carried out in the open worlds of Antimatter and Legion.

I await your answers,
    thank you very much.
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Neo-Venom increases the basic defense not absolute, if you have a basic defense of 10,000, for example, then the bonus from the tank role for Atomic you will have 9000, and the same bonus from NV- 9000, as a result your total defense will be 28000 and not 36100.
  3. Elpower Active Player

hello and thanks for responding. I know how the neo venom works based on tests.
    When I tested the Earth tank it raised 90% of defense in its base values ​​and in its values ​​increased with the aftershock. (140% total increase)
    Please do the test before answering so as not to cause misunderstandings.
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

maybe you know how the neo-venom works, but obviously you don't understand how the 90% bonus from the tank role works, I just checked on one of my alts, and neo-venom interacts with the tank role in the atomic tank exactly as I indicated to you ...

for simplicity's sake, I will explain this, the base value of defense is what you get from your equipment (in the case of an earth tank, this is also the bonus you get from the dominance), and to this base value you add 90% of tank role and 90% from neo-venom, in the amount of 180%.
  5. Berza Committed Player

Let's see if I can explain better. Let's say you have a tank with 10k defense from gear and 1000 Dominance. If your tank is earth, you get a bonus defense of 65% of your dominance. This bonus adds to your base defense, so your base defense will be 10650, and you will see those 10650 in the stats tab. Then you get the 90% bonus from NVB, so 10650x1.9=20235.
    But if your tank is atomic as atomic tank gets a bonus defense of 90%, which is not added to the base defense, but to the percentage section of the defense Stat calculation. So in your stats tab you will see 10000x1.9=19000. But when you use NVB it is not the shown defense Stat what is multiplied, but the base defense Stat. In this case, 10000 base defense x 0.9 from NVB = 9000. So 19000+9000=28000. For this reason you are seeing a lower % increase, because you are using incorrect data to do your calculations. Hope this helps.
    • Like x 2
  6. Elpower Active Player

thanks Rechjadar and Berza! now I understand the error of my calculations.

One of the buffs is defense alone, and the other is a percentage that comes out of dominance and adds to defense.

Forgive me, I overlooked that detail.

So I think everyman prototype won't be of much help, as my defense is not that high to make a damage mitigation impact.
  7. Berza Committed Player

You are welcome. But again I think you are missing a point. Everyman Prototype adds base defense, not an % increase of your defense. So if you have an added % bonus, this bonus applies to the defense increased by Prototype. The artifact is better the more health you have and the more % increases to your defense. Atomic has the highest permanent % of defense increase, a 90%. So any defense you get from Prototype is increased by 90%.
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Descriptions in DCUO can sometimes be misleading. As Berza wrote, defense from EP is added to the base value of your defense (as well as the bonus from the dominance from earth) and after that it is affected by the effects of the tank role, from the neo-venom, from the "Mystic symbol of the seven" artifact. In fact, the atomic tank is one of the tanks, that fully utilizes the EP's ability: a constant 90% bonus to defense, health spikes and slow healing itself (this is a minus in itself, but it also allows you to more fully utilize additional defense).
  9. Elpower Active Player

Wow. Thanks for opening my mind. Now I find it very tempting. I'm going to give it a try.