Confirmed new powers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Balistical Ice, Jan 21, 2021.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The demand for things like new styles and MOAR CONTENT (it's always how I imagine that phrase being said LOL) have far outstripped the requests for things like customizable sidekicks, so the devs are far more likely to concentrate their efforts on that stuff over worrying about what we can do with sidekicks. There's also the distinct possibility that the devs see far more use of Henchmen than Sidekicks, which might explain why Sidekicks haven't been a priority AND why we see more Henchmen variants being introduced on a regular basis. Plus there's the nagging little detail that while they expressed interest in doing customizable Sidekicks, I don't recall them actually promising to do that.

We're dealing with a game that's been live for a decade that's now been placed on half a dozen platforms (to date). That alone is going to bring about a whole bunch of challenges, some of which actually may make it not possible to bring about some requested changes to the game. And while folks can look at other games and say, "Hey, (insert game name) did that, why can't we have that?" those other games are probably not in the same situation as we are here.
    • Like x 2
  2. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The saddest thing about MMORPGs, nowadays studios are looking for a community, but don't even listen to it anymore, except for their wallet, I'm starting to wonder more and more what I'm still doing on this type of game, which doesn't respect its community, even though it has financially helped the game...
  3. Raptim Well-Known Player

Its surprising how little it takes for people to disagree about stuff on here. I was in tears laughing about how quickly people's hopes got so high. Then how quickly they came crashing down with zero real explanation on what the heck they are going to do in the near future. Then more rationalizations. Then more hilarious arguments and various things. Do they bother telling us anything definitive ahead of time anymore? Na. Do they do anything big anymore that doesn't deposit large amounts of cash in their bank account the moment its released? Na.

The only thing that could have made it all even more funny is if they came out and said they trolled you guys.

I'm gonna assume most of you have been playing this game as long or longer than I have, ive been here since 2014. Nothing in this game changes much that affects your play that much other than what they did to pvp. Balancing etc didn't really change the game that much. The things they do now are about getting money from you for little junk you want or stuff that is necessary in the game and reskinning stuff. It has nothing to do with what you want unless they can get alot of money for it right away. For example, booster bundles, time capsule rares, reseaurgance capsules etc that cost alot imo and give a low chance of getting what you actually want. Thats why the marketplace doesn't get new stuff just as fast, and things that need to be fixed that make no money rarely get fixed (spammers, phoenix cannon crashing, pvp, speed hackers,, bad rng on drops, etc etc). Trust me if they could find a way to fix pvp and charge the crap out of you repeatedly, it would have been fixed years ago.

Accept the game and dont get your hopes up about it because people will pay for next to nothing and keep it going. As if there is a shortage of pixels that cosmic chromas gotta be 1.5 bill the day of release to never come down, and you CAN'T have one otherwise unless you have alot of ingame money or gamble real money on bad odds. Even a degenerate gambler could laugh at the odds here. If they cared they would do more even on an information basis, they dont and dont need to. The money is already coming in, just charge for dinner, give em crumbs and play dumb.

See it for what it is, love it or leave it. I like the game over other games.

Only your wallet is important, dont get it twisted.
    • Like x 1