More characters slots, possible?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

What about the people hoarding names just for the specific use to sell the name? No intentions whatsoever to play, farm seasonals etc... just name selling.

Upvoted for more character slots.
    • Like x 2
  2. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Been wanting this for years. They make more money with style and feat unlocking by doing this.
    • Like x 4
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

lol valid point, i just know that if the cap is increased I will end up with probably well over 100 characters instead of close to 90........
    • Like x 3
  4. Brit Loyal Player

Crazy bit of a recommendation here.

I also like creating alts, though most of them I realize cannot be played at a competitive level. As a result, I actually opened multiple accounts and get them at least to Premium.

That $5 investment gets you 6 new slots for characters. But more importantly, it gets you an extra trip through Stabilizers every day to earn an additional 4 fragments. There are disadvantages, like not being able to use style unlocking from your main account, or feat unlocking, or to trade account-bound drops. But if the characters aren't going to be played at the endgame level, they'll survive just fine. And you'll only have to play them for a few minutes per day to finish up Stabilizers and get that permanent advantage of doubling your daily fragments.
    • Like x 3
  5. Eve YouTuber

Hmm, that's not a bad idea but as I mentioned I'm grinding usually for episodic gear and buy base items mostly through broker or vendors, styles can also be unlocked via replays. I'm not sure I can afford another member or two, that's more expensive than buying a few slots of characters in my country's currency.
  6. Brit Loyal Player

The base items are chiefly tradable, so if the second account is Premium (one time purchase) it can trade them to your main.

Styles come in all flavors: character bound, account bound, and tradable.

I find the 16 characters on my main account are more than enough to farm all the account-bound stuff. Extra accounts aren't chiefly characters I play much, beyond running Stabilizers and clicking "Gimme a free mark" every day. Most of their Source Marks get converted over to the tradable Catalysts anyways.
  7. Thomas Wayne II New Player

The Owlman does.
  8. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I max out in characters at 32 . I wish ability to buy more slots
    • Like x 3
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I'll be the captain obvious, but when you play as alt, the first thing you should understand is that this is not the main character;) this is a niche character;)
    When you realize this, everything becomes possible;) because a niche, it can be different, it can be a seasonal farmer, it can be a base builder, a cosplayer ... your alt can even be as strong as your main character;).
    Alt must cope with a given role and not compete with the main character (well, except that he has such a role;) ), if he copes with it, then this alt is at a "serious level";)
    So yes, plus to increase ... the number of alts, bases ... and even league halls ...;)
    • Like x 5
  10. Eve YouTuber

This^^
    • Like x 1
  11. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

They're supposed to be "alts"?! :eek: Oh my. I have 32 mains. :D I am not sure what this "alt" is of which you speak.:p If they were to give me 50 more slots they would STILL be mains . I play every toon I have on a regular basis. I am sooooo with you on this one.
    • Like x 2
  12. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Alt makers Unite.
    • Like x 3
  13. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

I really need this to happen at some point. Raise it to at least 36 per account, please.
    • Like x 2
  14. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Agreed. +1
    • Like x 1
  15. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Ok this was a thing on my mind the other day, and glad someone posted this, I wholeheartedly agree.
    • Like x 1
  16. NetworkOrBotnetGoodOrEvil Level 30

Base system kind of needs to be reworked in some regard imho but I don't have nay ideas so I typically shut up.

Character slots, I'd personally love more of without going out of my way to buy... I have a bad case of alt-itis and I would have loved to have even more alts for the anniversary event, not to mention I would have loved all 15 powersets on both factions as well as an insurance policy in the event that more powers are released.

Also, hello Zoe!
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

And I agree about the base system. Do you mean you want your characters to fight along side you or just have more characters so you can farm more?
  18. NetworkOrBotnetGoodOrEvil Level 30

Why, more alts to farm with, of course! This anniversary was an event where it would have been useful to have all these alts, yeah...
    • Like x 1
  19. Noble One Committed Player

im mean.... yeah to each their own but i dont see this happening as the sever can probably on handle but so much. i would say with be happy in what you have.
  20. Eve YouTuber

I mean...3-4 more characters might be fine. It really caters to altholic people anyway lol