Top Bug - Fixed Problem with The Rundown / Can't Stop mission in Central City

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by darth_paul, Oct 1, 2019.

1. RKinFTL New Player

The same thing happens on the hero side with the Flash. He won't grant the speed so we can't do the mission.
  2. RKinFTL New Player

BTW: i finally got this to work by buying the speed force ring from the anniversary vendor and equipping it before going by the flash in central city
  3. speedster1981 Committed Player

can't interact with zoom to get super speed in central city
  4. Scourge o' the Cosmos Well-Known Player

There is another workaround for this, I've tried this on my Gadgets villain with flight movemnet mode and it worked.

- Buy the plans for the Bolt Sport drink at the vendor Short Order (this'll cost you 7.3k of the game's gold)
    - Create the drink at your R&D station, you'll also need an Alteration Agent Type III (costs 1.2k at your R&D Vendor) and 3 Exo-material (can be found almost everywhere in the open world). After creation you'll have 5 units of this drink.
    - Go back to Central City
    - Consume the drink, you will have super-speed for 5 minutes
    - Go to Zoom and he'll grant you the boost, you can tell by the yellow thingy swirling around your toon. If you don't get the boost, just move away from Zoom and return to him after a few seconds, he'll give it to you.

It took me 5 units of this drink to get the job done, but I think your mileage may vary. It depends on the spawn times of the NPC's.
    • Like x 1
  5. SalvusBlood New Player

Hey,
    I am at Central City right now for the Lighntnign Strikes episode.
    The Quest "Can't Stop!" has the objective, to absorb speed force energy, but i wont even get the speed boost for that from Flash.
    I tried everything and looked up on the forums, with no solution.
  6. fm0987 Committed Player

Doesn’t work for me, fire / flight character. Event ring did work to fix it.
    • Like x 1
  7. SalvusBlood New Player

It has been 3 days and it still won't work hhhm
    My movement is skimming, I don't know if the movement is relevant tho, since it worked back then on another account with acrobatics.
  8. Louis Cyphere New Player

Hello, I'm also having the same problem here. I contacted Customer Support but they just redirected me to the forums.
    I was able to do it with Scourge o' the Cosmos' method by buying, crafting and using the Bolt Sport Drink.
    However, the devs should still look into this bugged mission.

I'm using a Hero with Rage powerset and Flying movement.
  9. InsaneByaku New Player

After starting the mission "Can't Stop!" in Central City, you have to go to Flash in order to get your molecules vibrated and borrow "Speed Force Energy" to slow down the Civilians. The problem here is Flash dosent do anything and you dont be able to continue the mission unless your movment is Super Speed. For the movments Agile or Flight is no way to complete the mission. Sure everyone can buy the Plan "Bolt Sport Drink" and craft the item to get 5 minutes Super Speed to complete the mission but not everyone knows about it. Please fix this issue or write the mission new.

System: PS4 - Hero side
  10. Vina New Player

Professor Zoom cannot be interacted with and doesn't give you the means to slow civilians down, so the mission cannot be completed. Tried relogging and restarting, but it still doesn't work unfortunately.
  11. Vina New Player

Update: By chance I happened to switch movement modes from flight to super-speed on my character, and it works. So it appears to be bugged for flight specifically (not sure if acrobatics is also affected).
  12. Fidleek New Player

Sadly my money is limited to 3000 so I can't even get further. And buying subscription just to continue in bugged mission doesn't seem good to me.
  13. lrdclaws New Player

for the Mission Can't stop the flash is not giving the ambiant speed force to us heroes to sop the over charged civilians making it so we are not able to complete the mission please look into this and fix it My character name that I found this out on is called Rubiearrow
  14. TalosStark Level 30

Can confirm this still as of today (02 May 2021).
    Accepted the mission but cannot receive the speed boost from Flash in Central City (Classic).
    Phased, logged out and back in and still cannot receive the boost which prevents mission completion.

This used to work. Did causing Flashpoint and getting a new set of threads cause Barry NOT to want our help saving Central City?

NOTE: When I approach Flash I DO see my global cooldown activate. But I do not get a speed boost as intended.
  15. DarkHeroBatman New Player

On PS4 with a flying character. Flash just doesn't give the Speed Force boost to help citizens slow down so this mission is impossible to complete. Is anyone else having this issue? I saw a thread from 2017 about this bug, and it seems to still exist (at least for me).
  16. Lara Committed Player

If you talk about "TheJourneyman's Boots"
    you only get it from vault.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'm happy to report that this bug is now fixed internally. Pending some testing, it should hit live in our next game update.
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is what I'm going to tell people from now on when they ask about my digestive health.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is fixed today with GU113.
    • Like x 1