Stabilizer run ignore person report?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Punkpirate, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just asking, but why not ignore, leave and re-queue? If he's away, I'd doubt he'd reopen it and if you have him ignored already, i'm not sure you'd get in with him in the open instance anyway. If you are in combat, just strip and wipe, to leave...you can usually go out of combat by not engaging the final boss.

I don't get wasting an hour of your own time on principle... I get a few min, sure...I'll do that sometimes if i'm feeling irritated by the squatter, but an hour? Nope...I have better things to do, I'll finish it or split. I've gone so far as to report my experience to the league leader (back when you could find that info on wavedox) mentioning how this guy is being a dill-hole while wearing the league name....most leagues don't like to be represented poorly.

I will add that I'm sure I'm guilty of doing this unintentionally in the past. I'm generally on at reset, but about to fall asleep and HAVE fallen asleep (frigging 10 second transition screen). However, an unintentional nod-off would result in being 'away' after a few min....someone who never goes 'away' is doing it on purpose.
    • Like x 5
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This has also been my stance. It's irritating for sure, but whereas I used to taunt them, dance, sleep....whatever...I just figured I was wasting my time more than theirs, so I get it done and ignore.

P.S. I once did spend about 45 minutes in the Flash Museum narrating about all the exhibits I came to see, what material did he think that statue of Flash was made of...as solid gold would likely be too heavy...and called out each and every add I put down in real time.."There goes Canary....I have her at about 80%...she's using sonic cry and taunting me..." etc. Guy never went 'away' so I only figured I was not having an impact...although at that point he was ignored so maybe he was firing back with insults or whatever...I'll never know. Doing all that, while funny to me, was a waste of time...finish or leave...add to ignore, move along.
    • Like x 2
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Thats not griefing, they are not impeding the player from completing this instance, it can solo'd in your sleep. So no.
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Its about it being right or wrong. They werent impeding you from completely this pointless instance. While annoying, you can't report someone for being AFK. Like cmon people. No one is defending it. Its annoying we get it. But just move on and get on with your day.
    • Like x 1
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Who's defending it here? We're saying its not worth your time and effort. It's not worth sitting there for an hour just to be petty. Move on with your day. Get your loot and go. Ya'll have a way different meaning of the grief. This aint it. People will always pull stuff like this. You're gonna spend your time doing this? This instance can be solo'd. They didnt impede anyone from completing it. It just turned into who could be more petty. You can report them sure. But it's not valid.
    • Like x 1
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Report away dude. Im trying to give you some advice so you dont waste your time. And give you a heads up that nothing will come of it.
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Its very rare that i have a partner when running my stabilizer, i been hitting it hard recently bc the next tc is right around the corner.. prolly gonna have another bonus rewards week in the next two weeks, then another bonus stabilizer w the tc drop then the next dlc in march
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What I find especially funny is when people get annoyed by going straight in. I actually had someone get pissed and leave because I "locked them out" of an unlocked room. I always go in assuming the other person will squat. By the time I actually notice they are moving or not I'm on the 2nd or 3rd set of adds. Get in-get out is the best guideline for either circumstance. If I spawn in 10 seconds behind my partner and they are already started...bonus for me...I don't care about the 'unfair' advantage they are grabbing on so they can top the board (if that's what people get mad about...I'm guessing it is).

I've said it before...I'll say it again. The only number that matters in the stabilizer run is the one in the top right corner....the time. The lower it is, everyone wins.
    • Like x 4
  9. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

This is why I wish they'd just remove the stabilizer event and put the extra stuff in the vault. That way you don't have to run into people like this. You run into these same kinds of people in the seasonal and anniversary events. It's super annoying.

If I have the time, I will AFK with them. I don't think it's fair, nor do I think the person should be rewarded for getting a free ride. AFK'ing for me isn't a big deal because there are a lot of other things I can do while I wait.

So +1 for you OP. I would be as petty as you and sit there for almost 2 hours to prove a point. I've found that the person AFK'ing will get tired of waiting around and leave with in 10-15 min. Just make sure to put them on ignore so that you don't match up with them again :)
    • Like x 3
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I would love to see the rewards end up in either the vault or the stabilizer fragment instance changed to a solo. Either of those solutions eliminates the possibility of all of this happening.

A person who does what the OP complained about should be "punishable" by loot locking and no reward for lack of participation. An exception to the loot lock would be to join the instance within 10 seconds of the "boss" being killed to award the loot. If you were in there from the beginning, you get nothing if your participation is zero.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You do your thing, but that's way too much of my time being tied up. Get in-get out...get on to the actual running of stuff.

As far as the vault tied stabilizers, It might not work with the F2P and premium frags. While I know that brings up the 'so what' question, but assuming they want members to get 1 free every 2.5 days, premiums to get 1 every 4 days and F2P get one every 5, it would actually mean giving them MORE fragments every run as Premiums only get vault every 3 days....F2P get them once a week. This would actually mean that they are giving members MORE work to do, even though most people run vault daily...now you'd have to. I'd say a better option would be a 'grant' system where you get the grant every day and can just claim them when you get on. Once per account, with a few Nths and useless base item sprinkled in like when you run it. Alts would lose the Nth metal drops, but you could dole out the frags at the same pace as current and eliminate the need for the run.

Or make it a solo....as it is 1/2 the time anyway.
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Make the instance in the Atlantis solo map....A) the boss room is too far for a squatter to receive loot and B) He'll get killed by the crown after a few seconds.

Flash Duo speed force tunnel might work too....put the boss room just through the teleporter at the exit....squat and get locked out...and killed.

Just kind of joking....kind of.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Next up is Resurgence.
  14. myandria Item Storage

I've stopped pugging the stabilizer event YEARS ago; it isn't worth the aggravation. If I wish, I can use my monthly subscriber stipend to buy stabilizers from the legendary vendor (PS4) or purchase them with real money. I only run the stabilizer event with players I know; that's it. In my humble opinion, the stabilizer event should be solo event as the level clamp gives players the opportunity to finish it alone.

It would be nice if the devs made an upgrade/pass on the stabilizer event to ensure that it must be completed with two players and that any attempt to complete it alone ramps up the environmental hazards and the boss level to one-hit status. Not a popular suggestion, I know, but I feel that the stabilizer event needs a little more "bite" to it.
    • Like x 1
  15. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

To each their own. If they catch me on a day where I've completed all of my dailies, then yes, I'll sit there. But there are other times where I just have to complete it because I don't have the time to be that petty lol.

A solo would be great as well. I'm down for anything that eliminates the possibility another person could AFK on me.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

This can be easily solo'd

Sometimes people go AFK by accident, could also be AFK for a legitimate reason, who really knows.

If you come across the same person every day, sure, otherwise aint nobody got time, in and out, easy as.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Speaking for myself personally, what's worth my time and effort is defined by me and me alone. If I have an issue with something I'm going to go through the proper channels. When someone of actual authority (ie a GM or developer) tells me to stop reporting specific behavior because it doesn't go against their ToS, then I'll stop reporting it.
  18. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Thats fine. But this doesn't violate any terms of service. It's not griefing. They were not impeded from completing the content. As far as getting a response? I highly doubt they are going to take the time to specifically tell you to stop. More than likely reports that are unwarranted just go ignored. If you're saying its worth you're time to sit there for an hour to prove a point. Thats fine. I find it silly.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Let's be honest though do you really need a person in a position of authority to tell you when you're undertaking an exercise in futility?

Have you honestly ever seen or know anyone who got suspended for this? That isn't just hearsay?

I get why people are frustrated because it does happen a bit in the stabilizer event, but really whether there's someone standing there or not why does it matter?

People want this to be turned into a solo but seem to be incensed when they're made to solo it currently, despite the fact it easily is already.

The only reason people get upset is because the presence of the other person getting free loot angers them.

Realistically even if it were a solo you'd still be doing it anyway, still be spending the same amount of time doing it whether that person is standing there or not., just saying.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

AFK farming is against ToS. Especially when the character in question has several farm accounts.