Escrow should empty into Cash

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vulpar, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Vulpar Well-Known Player

Basically, if you're free or premium, when you spend money, money would be transferred from escrow to cash so cash is always full. All earned money would end up in escrow unless you have less than your max cash limit. The limit on what these players can purchase wouldn't change because they still have exactly the same amount of cash. They still wouldn't be able to purchase basically anything on the broker, or any of the more interesting base locations or anything. Every purchase would still be limited. However, they would able to purchase things more often and with less hassle. This would make managing a tiny inventory easier as it would no longer necessitate hoarding soders in order to fix gear. Speaking of fixing gear, fixing a full set of completely busted gear with a 3000 cash cap and no soders on you is a nightmare. Each item costs 900+ cash. That's 3 of 10. And it's even worse for free players. If a free or premium player is in an instance and they're having trouble, they're out of luck. They're certainly not going to get better as their CR drops.
    • Like x 4
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I'm less opposed to this than I am raising the cap, but you have to understand they frustrate you like this on purpose because they're ultimately wanting you to sub.

Taking away your frustration significantly decreases your desire to sub which is counter productive to what the devs want from you.
    • Like x 8
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Encourage me to sub by giving me benefits, not trying to piss me off until i sub. But hey, thats just me.
    • Like x 9
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Well, so you get the benefit - a comfortable game. Benefit and annoyance are highly subjective concepts. For some reason, the majority on this forum believe that the default state for the game should be "comfort" ... and pay only for "super comfort" ....
    • Like x 3
  5. Elpower Active Player

Yes. I think would be a good idea.
    Or they could increse a little the amout of cash each time you buy something being premium.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think it just depends on the player. I've been running a few F2P accounts for a year and have managed fine with the low inventory bank space, the cash cap, the crappy lair and lack of base related things, no belts but what made me drop $5 to go to premium finally was the lack of mail. When the F2Ps get some items of some value, it just got to be too much of a hassle to shuffle things around. Paid $5, got a bit more of those other things and can now mail vs the F2P methods.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh, while it would be nice, it should not be needed. Soders, Probiotics or now Qwa-Bombs can be stocked and divvied up into 8 easily sellable 3K stacks before going into what might be a wipe ridden run. Or you can use the 'bank your journal entries' method to keep some missions handy to cash in for 2500+ on the fly.

If they were going to do anything to 'ease' the probably intentional hassle, I'd guess they'd raise the cap more likely. Even if you raised it to 10 or 20K, you'd have to re-fill that manually if you cleared it during a particularly bad run...which would still be enough hassle for some. A constantly re-filling wallet would probably also mean more involved coding whereas raising the cap is probably a single entry...3K becomes 10K or whatever.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

If you want benefits like that then you should be a member.
    • Like x 3
  9. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

You gotta remember... Some players in this community cant afford to sub for any amount of time. "I cant afford a month waaaaa" "I cant afford a quarterly, semi-annual, annual waaaaa" Its too much, it doesnt have enough perks and benefits waaaaaa" Some, or many of these same players, will also turn around and spend enough on time capsules, booster boxes, resurgence capsules to cover at least a month and up to hundreds and hundreds of dollars on them... only to turn around and complain about cash caps, escrows, subs, didnt get anything worth huge money in any of the capsules etc. Then you have players that wont out of principle because of they dont like the devs, dont like the direction of the game, lackluster content, f-bomb the grind whatever reason etc etc (which is understandable)

Then you have players who manage very well in their tiered choice.

As for me, I sub and its worth to sub so I dont have cash cap restrictions. All of the others benefits of being subbed his just a bonus on top of that.
    • Like x 4
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Sure, but if they can't get you to sub by even making you uncomfortable why would you sub no matter how many benefits they give you?

Premium players have to remember it's their choice to remain premium, the consequences are this frustration with access to cash and access to that cash is already a benefit and you're still not compelled to sub, if that can't compel you, what would?

I'm keen to hear what benefits you think would actually compel a player already resisting if you were to take away this frustration and be honest about it.
    • Like x 2
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

I think it's reasonable. Also I'm not against the idea of raising the prem cap to say 10k. That's enough to deal with repairs and even buy some things on the broker but it's still no where enough to get anything of substance which leaves the cash-part of the incentive to sub.

All that said I think some sub-additions are always worth considering.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Listen to your own words you start off with basically free. If you want something more than free you have to pay for it.
    • Like x 2
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Idk. Im always on the fence with this one. It just seems the way of the subscription is a dying breed. Yes we get a few perks that are nice QoL things when you subscribe (loot locks, some MP cash kick backs, inventory etc). But the only real reason anymore to sub in this game is purely for the cash cap. You could go premium buy the Lair and Utility belt and the newest DLC and be good to go. Find some friends and you can easily work around using the broker. Ive always been legendary and I do it for the cash but it used to be the DLC and the Cash. Now with all the DLC being free (which I think is a great idea and should be permenant), legendary just isn't worth the price anymore.

TLDR
    Either spruce up the legendary access to match the current state of the game or just get rid of it all together and go full blown F2P.
    • Like x 2
  14. Vulpar Well-Known Player

This wouldn't entirely remove the frustration. They would still be completely exempt from any purchases that the devs decided should be for members only (made clear by the ever so slightly higher than they can afford prices) and from basically everything involving the broker.
  15. Vulpar Well-Known Player

Raising the cash cap even to 10k solves nothing. When you run out, you're out. And then you're dying even more because you can't afford to fix your gear and get your CR back up to a level that can survive even the lightest of attacks.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

So your only issue is the annoyance of repairing your gear, I have to ask though out of curiosity why don't you sub?
    • Like x 1
  17. Vulpar Well-Known Player

Soder hoarding is not an intuitive way to handle this problem. And if you think it is, you've been playing this game for too long.
    You've got that second part backward. Hoarding a random consumable as a workaround should not be necessary. Any run could be a wipe ridden run. How many attempts would you say a free or premium player should be allowed before they might as well be kicked with how helpful their being with no gear? How many free slots should they leave for loot after filling their inventory with several stacks of soders? That tiny inventory runs out fast.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

The real reason premium players want the cash cap raised is because they want to remove all reasons compelling them to sub, that's really what its about.

They don't want to pay for a sub, because ultimately they're being cheap but they want any annoyances removed.

Really it's just a sly way of trying to get partial member benefits without forking out the money for them.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

It's not necessary because you can pay 50c a day at most and sub ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Vulpar Well-Known Player

"Why don't you just sub?" You all assume everyone has enough money to pay $120 every year for a single game. Lots of people can't afford to pay for a game period, so they play a FREE TO PLAY, lucky they have a system to even play it on. Many people could afford $120 a year, but just barely and would prefer to buy multiple games that they get to keep. Your assumptions that anyone and everyone playing a free to play game CHOOSES whether they can afford a $120 a year subscription is laughable.

As for why *I* don't just subscribe, I was. You guys jumped to conclusions. I have been thinking this, while subscribed, for a while.
    My subscription lapsed and I decided to play on an alt I rarely use who, of course, wasn't hoarding soders since she didn't need them before. I saw a small group fighting Calc-bot and decided to join in. I died once. I then joined a smaller group for Meta. Maybe five people including me. No tank. No healer. But I'm not going to give up on a weekly barely anyone runs. I died. A lot. I couldn't just stay down, the group was too small for that. I ended up with my gear completely broken with no way to fix it. What little damage I could provide was better than nothing and I couldn't risk missing the end of the fight.
    This situation is why I actually posted the suggestion. While it wouldn't change a lot, it would make things slightly easier for those who need it the most. You are not those people. I am not generally one of those people.