Please add Robot Sidekick Skins for the ICONIC Power.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Except they dont HAVE to change the already unique to each power ones your referencing (it eludes me why u think they wouod HAVE to). Whats being asked for (and ritefully so) is the ability to customize the vanilla one available to us all. Its not the same thing. Its completely different.
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Which is why we're asking for a few skins at a time. Put some direct in the marketplace. See what kind of reception it gets. Add a few in different episodes. Then (here comes the controversial part) maybe even in Time Capsules and Booster Bundles or the Booster Gold Vendor for Quarks. Plenty of ways adding this to the game where players are happy with new Robot Sidekick looks while they make money. Win-Win, everyone's happy.
  3. PolarisSylar Committed Player

K .
    ( let others reply to The original post )
    It's Kool dude.
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

It would be nice to update all pets, add an alternative appearance to all pets, but the difference between a robot and other pets is that the robot is available to all and the rest only to specific powers. And therefore, it is for the robot that the appearance must first be changed. Other pets have an outdated appearance, but they suit thematically for their powers, while the robot is used by all powers in almost every DPS build ... and its appearance thematically does not suit most powers, it interferes with immersion in the game, it spoils the concepts of the characters. .. now you have the "choice" to either maximize your DPS and use the robot but spoil the concept of a character for which the robot does not fit in any way, or be faithful to the character's concept but fall to the bottom lines in DPS ...
    • Like x 1
  5. Elpower Active Player

I think they should grab 1 power and do whole graphic update, then the next, until they complete all powers, iconics, movements, pets ,etc. Then, give us more skins/models and powers animations to buy...
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nice idea...why don't you give it its own thread so people can add to the idea. On the subject of skins for Robot Sidekick, how do you feel about that in particular?
  7. Elpower Active Player

Yes, sorry about that, i just couldnt hold it :D

A complete RSK reskin update feels neccesary, and the added skins as optional (maybe purshasable for anxious ppl and collections based for the rest of the mortals) would be nice too. You know, as RSK is like tech based only, would be cool to change it to something else related to others powers. (for those powers without pets)
  8. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Greetings, this robot skins would this be done . This is a request, ok that's Kool, yet it going to affect other powersets . That robot is not a trinket. We got to think about it going to ripple . Dcuo has different skins of : henchmen, supplydrops, orbitals, because those are trinkets, this robot is a powerset .
    Well, adding stuff to dcuo like changes that robot ,I kool by it & I'm Kool by your idea too, but it going to bring changes to the powers
  9. Aesthete Well-Known Player

How is a reskin of an iconic power going to affect other powersets? It's a reskin.... only thing changes is it's visual apperance. Your comparison was so confusing to begin with as robot sidekick isn't locked behind any power so the option to reskin to fit other powersets wouldn't be a far fetched idea.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Would love a robot sidekick skin for each power, that'd be awesome.

Probably a lot of work for the devs at this point though, would rather have a decent episode without any game breaking bugs making it to live.
  11. TroEL Dedicated Player

At the very least it would be cool if we could apply a material to the RSK
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The only part that would be "a lot of work" is making it so that you can change Robot Sidekick's appearance. Once that work is done, it's up to the art team to create the visuals. They can work on a few at a time between episode assets and then release at a later date a small batch here and there. By putting them direct in the marketplace as well as other ways they can make their r.o.i. and the playerbase can be happy (well, as happy as this playerbase ever gets).