New Sidekicks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Sammy Well-Known Player

Why instead of making henchmen not make new sidekicks too?
    • Like x 12
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

2021 and we still cant customize sidekicks and still have no robot butler
    • Like x 5
  3. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

SAY IT AGAIN FOR THE DEVS IN THE BACK!
    • Like x 2
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I feel like something really cool they could have been doing over the years is make things available in three variations (only visually) tied to the mentors. It would have kept the whole mentor thing at least somewhat relevant to the game, given players more options and probably generated at least a little more revenue via mentor respec tokens. For example, in addition to sidekicks, with the Grimorium artifact it would have been nice to have two other skins for the pet on the oft chance that an ugly, gross looking alien squid doesn’t fit a character’s style or theme.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jaelia Committed Player

+1 hopefully they start looking into sidekicks a bit more because that’s the only item from our generator that’s not customizable when it comes to appearance.
    • Like x 3
  6. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Yep. I don't even put source marks in that mod anymore because the sidekicks look so random and out of place. They need to be customizable by appearance and also customizable by power. I would definitely like to have my sidekick speeding along with me. I don't think I would even take on a sidekick that didn't have super speed. How would we converse? How would they keep up? What training do I have to offer besides the generic hero stuff?

*Ahem* But yeah, sidekicks need overhauling. Not just tweaking. A complete overhaul.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

And not just something here or there that's a super rare drop, 200 marks on a vendor, or only available in a Booster Bundle or Time Capsule. We need a genuine overhaul to the base system... MEANING EVERYONE GETS THE CONTENT
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I wish the side kicks were more like a pet stays out til it’s dead that benefits from source shard

If they must take away the power/heals/shield ok but amp up the damage or reduce base damage and keep the support as is

I’d prefer keep the support

It would make the side kick way more useful and would feel like I actually
    Had a side kick with me on missions.

On top of the customizing we want to do
    • Like x 2
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Time to turn the sidekicks into the hero/villian apprentice.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mystyfy Level 30

I literally asked for this when these things went live, and it's crazy we haven't gotten it yet. They should also be base item "totems" that you could place and have them walk or fly around, and this goes for henchmen as well. They could "fight" random intruders if you were logged off too, kind of similar to the cats that act aggressive or the penguin totem.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I mean all they gotta do is make the sidekick default to mini version of us. That alone would be very cool compared to what we have now. A more detailed option would be to let us use our styles to customize but there should at a min be upliks with various skins just like henchmen. Im dying to dump the henchman but for what??? A custom sidekick would be a welcomed answer
    • Like x 1
  12. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I approve this message pls and ty
  13. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

I honestly never cared about henchmen until they released the Paradox Reavers. Fits my character concept perfectly. And they even coincidentally match the different colors I have for different builds. They are very nice.

But on to the main point I definitely think that even a copy would be better. Or make it like the Statues in the League Halls where we can imprint a look onto them.
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

as I've said more than often enough before, I would be perfectly happy if they just gave us exactly the same style / colour / body / gender options we got at the character creation screen. anything over & above that would be gravy.
  15. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

That also works just fine. I was aiming more for ease of implementation but I never complain about more options.
    • Like x 1
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I’m also with the person above who said allow us to choose their power set

All the free powers are options and any power sets you have purchased

Would be even cooler is if heroes had the light abilities for celestial and villains had the dark abilities or you get to choose

But if this is even possible should we also be allowed to put the auras and materials on our sidekicks?
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Would anyone be down for a Sidekick Artifact? Meaning we could potentially level up our Sidekicks? Just asking for a friend, I'm not advocating more grind or anything... Lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

At one point, I believe it was under Spytle's watch, that leveling up sidekicks was going to be an option. Im not opposed to an artifact side kick. This could be a fourth slot specifically for sidekicks.

I would like to see and for the longest time, i always wanted to completely customize our sidekick. Powers, movement mode, applying our unlocked styles to them, time duration at your side in battle etc.

I also want to use our legends characters as sidekicks. As long as you have them unlocked/bought, they can be used as a sidekick.

I would also like to see a boobelt type utility belt that you can add any three legends characters to the belt to summon. They would be smaller in size, action figure sized, to come in join your battle etc.
    • Like x 1
  19. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I wonder if the Legion's mission to disguise yourself as a student could be some sort of test for customizable (to some degree) sidekicks/hencmen/whatever. I mean, it's a generic body but with colors based on player's palette. :oops:

Well, here's hoping. Not that I use sidekicks that much anyway, but it would make a lot of people happy.