Will the lifetime subscription be available again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

In my memories, at one event in the game (it was a birthday event, if I remember correctly) the "lifetime subscription" was available again for a while, will it be available again under the same circumstances?

Are the advantages the same?

and once I heard that a cave theme had been assigned to the player with this type of subscription, would this still be the case for those who took advantage of this offer?

I'm surprised I didn't see this offer for the 10 years.
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Game is 10 years old so not likely. If they did it, i personally wouldnt buy because its not that expensive to begin with and theres no guarantee it will last another 10 years. I want it to an believe it couod but w/out a guarantee, its a foolish buy in most cases
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'm totally for a Lifetime sub too but it was only offered to PC players and PlayStation subbers would rightfully feel shorted cause we've put the most money into DCUO. Also Xbox and Nintendo players would get nothing too. I believe Daybreak would have to make a deal with all the vendors to do it now. Plus what if it was only available for US server not EU for some international reasons? But I'd hope this could happen
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They brought it back for a short time at the end of 2018/start of 2019 and I grabbed it while I had the chance. I doubt it will come back again, but that being said I never thought it would come back at all after the first time it was available in 2011, so never say never. It was only ever available for PC accounts though.

Not sure what you mean about a cave theme for lairs. There is a cave theme available on the marketplace, but that's been available for around six years and had nothing to do with lifetime subs.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, at this point I wish I would have bought it for my main PC account. I did the math and was afraid that the 3 years it would need to pay off was a longshot. Well...here we are in year 3 and I'm looking dopier. The account is premium, so I haven't been paying for membership at all, but I'm also running it pretty much every day along with my PS4 main, and I've probably spent $150 in one time purchases I could have negated (like episodes or inventory/bank slots) or things like seals I could have been buying with DBC/loyalty.

Now at this point if it came back I'd really be gun shy about buying it. Last go-round I figured it was a last ditch effort to get 1.2 mil into the coffers before folding up shop sometime that year.
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Maybe the Lifetime subs could assure the game survives another ten years, you never know?
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

They better not bring it back again if only PC players can buy it.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It will never be for anything but PC likely. A) the PSN wallet(not sure if xbox and Switch have this limit) is less than the amount of the lifetime sub, so technically you can't buy it. B) I doubt any of the platforms would want to lose their piece of the sub pie. The PC accounts are linked direct to DBG, so they have more control in what they do. I'm not sure DBG has a say so in offering it to the consoles really...even if they wanted to offer it. There are probably agreements in place already.

Do any re-occuring PSN/Xbox sub games have a lifetime option?...just wondering as I don't play any other game which requires a sub.
    • Like x 1
  9. Noble One Committed Player

blame sony and microsoft then. they are the reasons it was not available on the consoles.
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

That’d add the guarantee in which case i’d gladly scoop one up. Wont happen but one can hope haha
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

believe back in 2018, it was a 1 time deal
  12. L T Devoted Player

Me too!
    That's pretty much what people said the last time the offered it. No regrets here.
    • Like x 2
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Oh again, i cant stress enough that i love this game and want it around another 10+ years. That is a tall order in itself for virtually anything much less a game. Im skeptical it will is all. I have no doubt it can.