Why Hasn't this been addressed yet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Landitt, Jan 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Maybe it wasn't well received by players that never pvp'd but it was a DRASTICALLY better release than a number of dlc episodes I can name from DCUO. Think about Legion LOL we get 1 raid that is completely full of bugs, and we get boring open world bounty content.

Last Laugh brought us
    • An entirely new Weapon to use in game and to farm weapon styles in previous content for
    • 2 Legends PVP Maps
    • 2 Arena Maps
    • Duo and separate Duo for Villain's
    • 5 Brand new PvP game modes after 2 years of the same type
    • SEVEN brand new Legends characters to play
    I would take that content any day over anything Legion has brought us.
    • Like x 2
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The only thing that saved Last Laugh from being a complete wash for me was the weapon addition. So mileage will vary. ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If a lantern episode went against OC then it wouldn't surprise me if OC lost, whomever is voting on twitter are absolutely OBSESSED to the point where they should be clinically diagnosed with anything to do with Lanterns. Fight for Light almost beat AFII and AFII was the third largest release of content behind OC, you want to wager something that brought a powerset and some alerts against a whole open world content, 2 alerts, 4 raids including an elite variant? laughable. War of the Light Part II beat out AFIII, guess people really liked running Love&War and a couple alerts that were rehashed designs vs everything that came with AFIII.

This right here told me everything I needed to know about that entire bracket and how obsessed people were voting which is why I ended up making my own video on it.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Tell me how have you enjoyed spending 20 hours getting the weapon and jewlery in legion? How about the next 20 hours to get the generator mods that will be useless next episode? how about the third 20 hours to get the OP face leveled up? Got used to flying in circles and skipping through teleporter pads for days on end?

Mileage will vary for legion too ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

Very true.
  6. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

With so much misleading information and make be leave statements, I will have to say...

I wish people would just be honest, but I already know that won't happen.

OC was a piece of content that was too strong when it was released, it made so many cry, but it really couldn't hold a candle to any of the previous raids.

Sorry but there are far to many that hung with the notion that they were destroying the raids, far more than those who were actually here when it initially got released.

Don't even know what or even what happened during the time the content was released, unaware of the entire league banned for exploiting dox or wasn't around when you could duel in content to build a super charge.

Heck I would go further to say that most of the people who claim to love it, couldn't even run it, while the others never step foot in it without their core group and don't even have no other chat channel than league chat.

Naw, the FOS raids, Prime, Gates, and even the batcaves were far better raids and content.

Can't compete with pre T5 content, even the batcaves with it's dated now, content was better than dare I say Paradox, heck Lab is better than both of the raids combined, Throne...forget about it.

OC has become to me the boogeyman of this game that people use to try to make themselves look good, I bet if we could check feat logs or runs as a hold or have videos of complete runs for all the content, it will probably show that even those who claim to have love that DLC wasn't around when it was at its peak, couldn't get passed the first set of adds, glitched it as so many did, and still couldn't complete feats or content from T4 until after sons of trigon was released

There were people who could beat it straight up, but there are way to many now to say that they did and I already know that you are aware of what was said and who said what at SOE about that subject, now all of a sudden votes are lost and changed or manipulated or rigged, but we simply misread as usual the frustration that some may have at what they may feel is a slight and downplayed as something totally different.

That goes for most of it, peer pressure and wanting to be accepted can drive people to agree and condemn ones own truthfulness.
    • Like x 3
  7. Landitt New Player

"Obsessed" because they like Lanterns? Ok dude. I'm sorry not everyone likes a super difficult DLC that isn't nearly as good as everyone claims it is
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'll let you know (A) when I get there and (B) if I decide to do all of that. Generally speaking I don't skip ahead and run event content (Wonderverse was an exception, curiosity and getting the Bombshell bracers for one character kind of drove that decision lol) and I'm not a min/max kind of player so the drive to get EVERYTHING and max it out isn't really a factor for me. :D

I'm also a creature of habit and routine, especially with how I play MMOs so following the same kind of routine isn't that much of an issue for me. Even after all these years I tend to follow the same paths I've made for myself when it comes to running open world seasonal events and once I get to know a newer piece of content I'll usually find myself following the same patterns from character to character. So the whole "going around in circles" bit as a whole probably wouldn't bug me all that much.

But I know when to watch out for burnout, so even if I did engage in everything you described I'd make sure it was being done at a pace that I was comfortable with. After all, the content isn't going to disappear and even the seasonal stuff tends to give a player a decent window to work with.

If people want to argue the merits of what kind of content an episode contains, that's all well and good. But running/voting down a piece of content because that person chose to run themselves ragged for whatever reason (FOMO, etc.) kind of seems like a poor faith argument. That's more along the lines of complaining about how a person ran it than what the content itself offers.
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

So how can you put down a dlc like last laugh when you are willfully not competing the very parts of legion that players absolutely have despised and the very reason why last laugh beat legion? that makes absolutely no sense to me. You are trying to justify why last laugh should have lost and that dcuo was correct in deleting and hiding the poll results when you purposefully haven't even completed enough to Legion episode to warrant an opinion?

crazy
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Super difficult had nothing to do with it
    • A whole powerset release in Quantum
    • The first PVE legends instances for hero and villain
    • 2 alerts
    • Nexus Raid which was different sub bosses for villains and you could choose which combination you got keeping the raid unique and different and numerous relics keeping final boss different
    • Paradox Raid that could be competed in different combinations each attempt
    • Alerts and Raids are all unique new maps
    • The sheer amount of content and feats lasted the entire 5+ month cycle of the episode, none of this im done the dlc in 2 weeks.
    If you want to willfully ignore everything because you or others like lanterns then that's a LOL
    • Like x 2
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If I were willfully putting down Last Laugh I'd go whole hog on it, citing elements that I found dissatisfaction with and so forth. LOL

The most I've said was that it didn't seem to be well received because there wasn't any sort of follow-up on PvP-centric episodes and that the episode would have been a wash for me had it not released with the weapon. We know that the devs keep going with what works and what keeps people playing (TCs, Booster Bundles) and if I consider something to be a wash it means there's nothing there that interests me. Halls of Power 1 was a complete wash for me because there was no solo content whatsoever and no additions that caught my attention, but that doesn't mean I think it was a bad episode. It just didn't have anything to interest me.

But we're talking about one of the oldest episodes that never had any sort of follow-up (i.e. more PvP episodes) getting paired off against the latest episode in a bracket and the vote apparently going sideways in what could easily be viewed as something akin to online review bombing. And while that does make a statement, there's a significant question as to how accurate of a statement it might be considering how easy it can be to skew the results of any online polling.

If I had to put it in the simplest terms possible, the whole thing comes across as gaming the system to get a result rather than actually playing the game to get a result. Never really had any sort of patience for that kind of thing, so if the devs felt that's what happened and made their moves as a result I can't really say I have a problem with their actions.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I take bigger issue that it was just passed on in the next round. I believe it would also have lost against Home Turf, but it got a bye on that one and went ahead without a new poll. I'm guessing it will lose against AOJ as well, just on the merits of the content, but also because the backlash from the rigging for LLL will probably make people vote even more against it....so I guess we'll be seeing it in the next round too then when AOJ mysteriously disappears or 'moves' elsewhere?

So basically if one they think should win gets passed over, they are going to just rig the bracket? Then why bother with it at all, or just hide the results and tell us who 'wins'....so exciting that way.

It will be interesting to see if it does go through, which DLC they will choose to win....Wonderverse or LLL? I'm so anxious to see who they pick as the winner!
    • Like x 1
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Origin Crisis was deeply unpopular outside of OC's bubble. If it hadn't launched with such ridiculous difficulty maybe things would have been different. I liked the DLC since it got Spytle to finally admit that the "elite" whiners were really just a vocal minority. For years until that point, we had to listen to them and the lack of interest in that content proved it. ;)

As for the brackets, it's a shame they were manipulated. It would have been interesting to see how the community really felt about a lot of these DLCs. Personally, I had a couple favs but wasn't in love with any of them for various respective reasons.

Yes, I wish they had done the polling differently and just reported the end results but oh well. I don't care so much that PVP fans tried to game the system, but it's more that they're crying about getting caught as if their gaming the system didn't disenfranchise fans of the DLCs LL knocked out unfairly. It's really lacking in self-awareness.

Agree too, will be interesting to see what they post at the end of it all.
  14. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Why do you keep saying PvP fans "gamed" the system? There's zero evidence to support that claim. As far as I can tell people voted for LL because they dislike Legion a whole lot
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Whoops...forgot the -sarcasm- disclaimer. Sure I'll watch the brackets, but I'm done voting or really caring. As soon as AF3 lost to WOL2, it showed one group or another can sway the winnings. 0 chance anyone can argue that WOL2 was better than AF3 with a straight face OR without leaning towards 'lantern' heavy storylines. I get it, people like lantern stuff, but I'd hope most people like actual content and engaging gameplay more...guess I'd be wrong. Sorry, but the only difference between that fix and the PVP fans pushing LL through is that in the case of LL, the devs one upped the rigging by actually manipulating the brackets....twice...in LLL's favor.
    • Like x 2
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I don't need evidence to state the obvious. After 10 years, and all the released DLCs, LL was the lowest selling DLC of them all, and was the least popular. It wouldn't beat any other DLC that outsold it unless the outcome was manipulated.

Why would people who hate Legion prop up LL? They'd prop up anything else instead of LL specifically.
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Ill say it again, more people would use shield if its weapons mastery wasnt so trash! Look how long it takes to get into it!

Tap box hold box2, tap box3 hold box2, tap box2 hold box2, hold triangle 4!!!! Why would anyone use this over brawling or duel wield !?

Then the devs say they wont make new powers/ weapons bc newer ones arent well received.. they burried shield themselves, and alot of folks dont like combo powers ( i dont know why) and 2 of the last 3 were combo!! They say munitions is one of if not the strongest dps in the game!!
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think that was his point. It wasn't so much some PvP conspiracy, it was an anti Legion vote.

BTW...they had to know Legion was going to get roasted in the bracket. They probably placed it against LL for that reason (figuring it would get at least 1 win....random placement my eye), when they should have put it up against something like BFE or AF2 or OC where they would know it would get beat but at least it wouldn't be an obvious statement from the voters against Legion...it would have just been a "yeah, well those were 'glory days' DLCs vs the new kid" kind of thing. Losing to LL meant only 1 thing...people hate Legion and the direction of the last 2 DLCs with the OW bounties.
    • Like x 2
  19. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I got that, that's why I answered my own question to him. THe question I was asking was rhetorical though.

LL had already beaten several other DLCs; meaning that it wasn't simply an anti Legion protest vote. It was about LL specifically or the support would have been spread out across other DLCs that weren't Legion or LL instead of it all going into LL.

And yes, it's def fair to ask how they decided where each DLC was going to start and what it was paired off against. But again, it's a company poll for fun, not a real election. They don't owe us transparency or answers or explanations. They can do whatever they want. And we're free to not participate if it doesn't appeal to us for any reason at all.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, if by 'several' you mean it beat home Turf....then yes. It beat Home Turf, which is why I say if you removed it for legit "PvP eps should not have been included" reasons, LL should have met up with Home Turf instead for an honest vote.

And yeah, it's their poll... and yes, they can rig it however they want, but it goes to honesty and trust between the users and the company. They could have had the exact same poll, but maybe set it up as the devs opinions vs our votes. Each face off could have had the devs weighing pros and cons and had an arbitrary winner after. Putting it to a Twitter vote then discarding the results is a breach of trust....what's that worth to a company? Who knows, but it's definitely tainted the results for most everyone. As far as the 'poll for fun', I'd say 'fun' went out the window already.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.